ADVERTISEMENT

Is the world over-populated?

Or Democrats....or both. I don't identify with either, so that should make for a much quieter place, if not more peaceful as well.

One can only imagine........:cool:
Dems are somewhat more evolved, on average. They may not be willing to take the necessary action but at least they aren't running on doing the opposite of what needs doing. Eliminating the stupidest voices might make sensible action possible. No point in killing lots of innocent people when there are so many guilty ones we could start with.

The millions of dolts that live in the desert and don't have any water are prime examples of overpopulation of a region.

So we could also use the contrasting example of people who have too much water.... New Orleans....

Is climate change caused by too many people?

A couple years ago a Scientist came to my work. I forget his qualifications, but he was legit.

I asked him if there were too many people in the world and if it was causing environmental damage.

His response:

"There are billions too many people in the world."

What do you think?

The "save the planet" stuff is done for selfish reasons
the planet will be fine. When it grows tired of humans, it will wipe us out and Mother Earth will continue on its merry way.

It's interesting to me how the population has spiked enormously in the last 100 years. In spite of the Spanish Flu, 2 World Wars, genocides on grand scales, other diseases, legal abortion, and medical birth control for the first time in history! All of this, and the population has tripled, or quadrupled in spite of all that? Medicine must be keeping us all alive too long?
I have read that the biggest factor is a huge reduction in infant mortality.

We have a choice: to intelligently restrain our own rate of reproduction, or to be "free" to breed with abandon. We have religions and political parties which make it hard to make the sensible choice.

By failing to plan intelligently, we let "nature's market" decide. The market's tools - which you listed - are not very gentle. And, so far, have not done a very effective job of solving the problem.

Reactions: BrianNole09
I have read that the biggest factor is a huge reduction in infant mortality.

We have a choice: to intelligently restrain our own rate of reproduction, or to be "free" to breed with abandon. We have religions and political parties which make it hard to make the sensible choice.

By failing to plan intelligently, we let "nature's market" decide. The market's tools - which you listed - are not very gentle. And, so far, have not done a very effective job of solving the problem.
One of my best friends has had 7 children! He's a college professor, too! Whenever we get into a discussion about the kids, he will go with "But, I can definitely provide for them." To which I say: "It's not about you providing for them. It's out-of-balance replacement value. Your 7 could have 7 more each. So you and your wife, in one generation, have possibly become 50!" Needless to say, to remain friends, we don't talk about that topic very much.

So we could also use the contrasting example of people who have too much water.... New Orleans....
Absolutely. Building an entire city below sea level on one of the biggest rivers in the world is a recipe for disaster.

Are you now
or have you ever been
a member of the Republican Party?
If I had to characterize what my role would be within the political spectrum, it would be:

tumblr_nhtf1cYxWg1qkoxo1o2_500.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT