ADVERTISEMENT

ISU losing another in their backyard?

MitchLL

HR Legend
Dec 26, 2018
Just for laughter and entertainment, I visited CF for fans reactions and thoughts on losing on the field and in recruiting battles.

There's discussion that their only 2021 commit from just down the road at Roland Story HS, ath Zack Twedt, is visiting the Hawks for an official visit at the end of July. If/when he changes his mind... they can't use the fallback excuse that Campbell has recruited better players.

Just for laughter and entertainment, I visited CF for fans reactions and thoughts on losing on the field and in recruiting battles.

There's discussion that their only 2021 commit from just down the road at Roland Story HS, ath Zack Twedt, is visiting the Hawks for an official visit at the end of July. If/when he changes his mind... they can't use the fallback excuse that Campbell has recruited better players.
Good luck with that train of thought

Campbell better pull his offer if this guy is daring to visit another school.

Hawks were gift wrapped the game last year so I wouldn’t crow too loud. Hawks will not win in Ames this year. This I am certain of.

Yes our defense was wrapped around ISUs QBs all day.

If anything was gift wrapped, it was pulling out a fluke win against a mediocre KSU and avoiding a historic upset by Drake because of a holding call on their final drive.

Could have easily been a 6 win season.

This. And then run back to their forum and use the ISU threads as evidence of some obsession. Can't wait until they're mid-major.
I posted this to kinda rub salt in the would after the BG recruitment.

it's no different than what you'll see if Bollers goes elsewhere. Even tho the Hawks have dominated over the years, sans a few hiccups, ISU is still a rival if for no other reason than they are still a borderline D-1 program.

Plus... this involves an apparent visit to IC.

Don't read the thread if you have a problem with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrF6n6
Iowa Offense = ISU Offense
Iowa Defense > ISU Defense
Homefield Adv —->

This has all the makings of a great game. I’m really looking forward to it — because ISU won’t be a drag on SOS like some years.

And I think if we’re good enough to win in Ames, we’re probably good enough to win on the road at some B1G schools.

Good luck Clones. May you slay all the Big12 giants.

The Twedt commitment to ISU looks like the classic "commit until a better offer comes along" approach. Similar to what we've seen with Fleck's numerous decommitments at Gopherland.

His size, if accurate, makes him look like a potential candidate at several positions.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Well I see the fans from Ames have come to stir shit up on the IOWA BOARD must be starving for attention
Sure thing buddy. That’s why hawk fans start a thread on Cyclone football...,because “fans from Ames” are starving for attention! You folks are sure wired differently.

Iowa Offense = ISU Offense
Iowa Defense > ISU Defense
Homefield Adv —->

This has all the makings of a great game. I’m really looking forward to it — because ISU won’t be a drag on SOS like some years.

And I think if we’re good enough to win in Ames, we’re probably good enough to win on the road at some B1G schools.

Good luck Clones. May you slay all the Big12 giants.
Iowa is not better than ISU on either side of the ball.

Hawks were gift wrapped the game last year so I wouldn’t crow too loud. Hawks will not win in Ames this year. This I am certain of.

Another year, another excuse. You guys are so much fun.

I do think ISU wins this year at MidAmerican Energy Field just because it's the #1 priority for your coach. But if we do win I can't wait to hear the excuses for the 5th year in a row. Probably that Purdy didn't have the right socks.

Another year, another excuse. You guys are so much fun.

I do think ISU wins this year at MidAmerican Energy Field just because it's the #1 priority for your coach. But if we do win I can't wait to hear the excuses for the 5th year in a row. Probably that Purdy didn't have the right socks.

I expect the clones to win as well. Pretty evenly matched teams, home field advantage and Campbell really needs a win over IOWA. He most certainly has it circled on the calendar...with special plans for the extra week of practice. Once he gets a W over the Hawks...the messiah talk will only intensify in Ames

I'll stick my neck on on this one...expect to see a cheap shot or low block on Epenesa fairly early. They'll gladly take the 15 yards to slow him down...or worse.

It's an unofficial visit for the Hawkeye Tailgater on July 28th. Class of 2021 kids can't take official visits until next April.

Twedt was also at Iowa's camp on June 2nd and has visited Notre Dame and Nebraska this past year, I believe.

Here's where we first reported about the upcoming Iowa visit.

The excuses have already started. Now it is a disadvantage to play a game AND get a bye before Iowa. JFC, they get byes before Iowa and Okie and play Texas at home in November when the Big 12 will be the worst it is has been in God knows how long with 5 new coaches and the Clones have their best team ever. WTF. To use Campbell and JP’s jargon something about a perfect storm and they still have excuses tailor made. What a loser mentality. BTW the ISU O-line looked worse against Drake and Wash St (the second to last and last games) than against Iowa. So not sure the Clone logic on how missing the first game cost them a Super Bowl victory and subsequent CFP berth. May have something to do with Iowa having a superior Dline. Jesus, if ISU couldn’t block Drake and defensive juggernaut Wash St at the end of the year, what would Iowa have done to them at year end?!

Just a thought. The Hawks will sign X number of kids from Iowa for the 2021 Recruiting Class. Iowa State will do the same. Several of those who sign will have been recruited by both schools.

35nab5.jpg

Reactions: HawkIDrummer

And yet here you are again lurking on an Iowa board in the middle of summer posting same tiresome response. Also you do realize this thread has a direct correlation to Iowa with an isu recruit visiting. Also speaking of threads about another school on other teams site. 7 posted on within last week with a minimum of 162 post in each. Shoot you guys have a longer thread about iowa’s Jerseys for psu game than on this site alone, lol. Pot meet kettle numb nuts.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/forums/in-state-rivals.13/

Reactions: HerkyFan
Iowa is not better than ISU on either side of the ball.
The '19 match-up has the Cyclones looking the strongest I've seen them in the trenches in over a decade. Even with that perceived strength .... Iowa matches their strength in the trenches.

Then the question is who has the greater advantage ... the program with the QB who has 26 career starts and has prepped against the same schemes 2 times or the QB with 8 career starts and who has yet to prep against the opposition?

The intangible of the home-field is ultimately what could make this game essentially be a toss-up.

All the same ... I'm pretty confident that the Hawks will win this one ... and I rarely make such brash predictions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT