ADVERTISEMENT

ISU losing another in their backyard?

Here’s another excuse these du mb as ses are using. Chris Williams keeps saying it is a rarity that they have a proven quarterback returning. They had guys they thought were proven each year for the past two years. These fuc kheads were saying the same stupid sh it coming into the past two years.

isu hasn’t had a QB start and finish the season in a decade. Every year it is the same thing with the newest savior. Just wait to see what happens when Sam Richardson has a full season, check that Jacob Park, no Kyle Kemp and now Brock Purdy.

I remember going into the season last year when football god Chrissy Williams said isu’s ceiling was higher with Zeb Noland than Kyle Kemp.

The isu dopes buy into the hype every year.

Last edited:
isu hasn’t had a QB start and finish the season in a decade. Every year it is the same thing with the newest savior. Just wait to see what happens when Sam Richardson has a full season, check that Jacob Park, no Kyle Kemp and now Brock Purdy.

I remember going into the season when football god Chrissy Williams said isu’s veiling was higher with Zeb Noland than Kyle Kemp.

The isu dopes buy into the hype every year.

This.

Iowa Offense = ISU Offense
Iowa Defense > ISU Defense
Homefield Adv —->

This has all the makings of a great game. I’m really looking forward to it — because ISU won’t be a drag on SOS like some years.

And I think if we’re good enough to win in Ames, we’re probably good enough to win on the road at some B1G schools.

Good luck Clones. May you slay all the Big12 giants.
Iowa is not better than ISU on either side of the ball.
On the offensive side of the ball, what position group do you deem better? Tes?

LC - I generally agree with you on field position but not sure how missing the first game caused the shanks. Now to the normal Clone Troll stance that lightning cost them the Iowa game. Facts: ISU’s best drive was the first (um opposite of what is expected if missing a game was a big deal); iSU’s OL was better against Iowa than Drake or Was St; ISU did not have have a bunch of penalties or TO’s (associated with first games); last, Campbell was way out-coached. And before I get the BS Super Bowl, if it was Iowa’s Super Bowl they would have not had to make huge adjustments after the first drive and at half. Look Clones, you got physically whipped. Period. If you couldn’t block Drake or not commit OL penalties against Wash St which were your last 2 games why does anyone with a brain think playing the Jackrabbits in week 1 would have allowed that porous line to block the best DL they saw all year?! The only saving grace for ISU is they didn’t play Iowa late in the year as Purdy may not be playing this year. I mean Iowa knocked Kempt out (well Matty threw him back in on 1 leg), and Zeb was crapping himself, Brock would have gotten hammered last year against Iowa.
Have I ever said a word here about missing the first game, either in relation to the punting or to anything else about the Iowa game? I don't think so, although it's entirely possible. Iowa played better and deserved to win. The game is over.

I joined this thread because I thought it was pretty unrealistic to claim that two shanked punts had no impact on a game that was 6-3 with under 5 minutes left to play. We will never know, of course. It's one of those "If I had a brother, would he like cheese?" questions. But the fact Iowa didn't immediately score TDs after receiving the shanks doesn't begin to tell the story of what the effect might have been.

Have I ever said a word here about missing the first game, either in relation to the punting or to anything else about the Iowa game? I don't think so, although it's entirely possible. Iowa played better and deserved to win. The game is over.

I joined this thread because I thought it was pretty unrealistic to claim that two shanked punts had no impact on a game that was 6-3 with under 5 minutes left to play. We will never know, of course. It's one of those "If I had a brother, would he like cheese?" questions. But the fact Iowa didn't immediately score TDs after receiving the shanks doesn't begin to tell the story of what the effect might have been.
It's like you know the argument is just silly, but just can't not argue for it.

It's like you know the argument is just silly, but just can't not argue for it.
Which argument? The argument I just said is silly is that two shanked punts have no effect on a game that was 6-3 with under 5 minutes to play.

The shanks gave Iowa first downs at the ISU 21 and 28 yardlines. If that isn't important, you probably wouldn't mind giving the Cyclones the ball at the Iowa 21 and 28 yardlines when they play this year, amirite?

Which argument? The argument I just said is silly is that two shanked punts have no effect on a game that was 6-3 with under 5 minutes to play.

The shanks gave Iowa first downs at the ISU 21 and 28 yardlines. If that isn't important, you probably wouldn't mind giving the Cyclones the ball at the Iowa 21 and 28 yardlines when they play this year, amirite?
Ignoring Iowa's ineptness immediately after those shanks, make even less sense than using the punts. Perhaps ISU should have had a better punter. Perhaps Iowa shouldn't have ran it on 3rd and 4. Perhaps Recinos shouldn't have missed an easy FG for him. Perhaps if Iowa's defense wasn't so good, ISU would have gained a first down.

Which two plays do we get to throw out because they hurt us? They all count dude...stop with the excuses (even if they're indirect)

The excuses have already started. Now it is a disadvantage to play a game AND get a bye before Iowa. JFC, they get byes before Iowa and Okie and play Texas at home in November when the Big 12 will be the worst it is has been in God knows how long with 5 new coaches and the Clones have their best team ever. WTF. To use Campbell and JP’s jargon something about a perfect storm and they still have excuses tailor made. What a loser mentality. BTW the ISU O-line looked worse against Drake and Wash St (the second to last and last games) than against Iowa. So not sure the Clone logic on how missing the first game cost them a Super Bowl victory and subsequent CFP berth. May have something to do with Iowa having a superior Dline. Jesus, if ISU couldn’t block Drake and defensive juggernaut Wash St at the end of the year, what would Iowa have done to them at year end?!

This isn't a good look. I hope ISU makes the most of the opportunities they have in front of them this year. They have improved quite a bit under Campbell's watch and so what if the stars align for them to have a successful season. They still have to go out and get the job done. Iowa has sure had their own WTF games/moments.

Huh? We bet 5 figures on ISU to go over this year. Not sure your point. I was simply saying all the excuses that have been used in the past and pre-emptive excuses for this year. WTF dude.

Here’s another excuse these du mb as ses are using. Chris Williams keeps saying it is a rarity that they have a proven quarterback returning. They had guys they thought were proven each year for the past two years. These fuc kheads were saying the same stupid sh it coming into the past two years.
saying the same stupid stuff is an age old deal - old timers probably remember the Blaise Bryant and Chris Pedersen Heisman hype they tried to generate in the early 90s. Needless to say it was pinned to the bulletin board outside of the equipment room(where this stuff appeared in the olden days)

not to nit-pick Lone, but Iowa scored with 6:30 left in the game, not under 5 minutes. The Cyclone response in the final 6:30 - 2 possessions - a 3 and out that gained 0 yards, and the final possession was also 3 plays - a 23 yd pass gain, followed by an incompletion, then a sack which was fumbled and recovered by Iowa. ISU was punchless in this game. Any anxiety was due to it being a 1 score game for so long when by all game metrics, and eye balls showed it shouldn't be.

I expect a good game this year.

not to nit-pick Lone, but Iowa scored with 6:30 left in the game, not under 5 minutes. The Cyclone response in the final 6:30 - 2 possessions - a 3 and out that gained 0 yards, and the final possession was also 3 plays - a 23 yd pass gain, followed by an incompletion, then a sack which was fumbled and recovered by Iowa. ISU was punchless in this game. Any anxiety was due to it being a 1 score game for so long when by all game metrics, and eye balls showed it shouldn't be.

Hey LC did the 2 shanked punts impact how the Iowa DL dominated the isu OL?

LC, you are talking to the fan base that for the past two years has started numerous threads titled "Can He Punt?" No one here is feeling sorry for ISU.

Yes, I get what you're saying. In a close game, field position matters that much more. Doesn't mean as much, though, when your offense is sucking the west end of a skunk heading east.

Regardless, get a new punter. It's part of the game. Iowa State's vaunted offense was a shitshow for the better part of four quarters. Making a point about a couple shanked punts is putting lipstick on a pig.

Reactions: mikesright
Gray - they ran Kyle out there on 1 leg to win the Super Bowl. He couldn’t move and their line couldn’t protect. He told Matty he wanted out cause he was badly hurt and God sent him back for more abuse. It was sick to watch how much ISU wanted that game that they put by all accounts a good kid in harms way and it cost him the season and a chance to play on Sundays (like all Clones said he would).

LC, you are talking to the fan base that for the past two years has started numerous threads titled "Can He Punt?" No one here is feeling sorry for ISU.

Yes, I get what you're saying. In a close game, field position matters that much more. Doesn't mean as much, though, when your offense is sucking the west end of a skunk heading east.

Regardless, get a new punter. It's part of the game. Iowa State's vaunted offense was a shitshow for the better part of four quarters. Making a point about a couple shanked punts is putting lipstick on a pig.
Iowa's punt game wasn't much better. A whole 2.2 yards more per punt that day.

If ISU's offense is as inept against our D this year as it was last year, I'd be totally fine giving you guys the ball wherever.

But wait, that's just because your coaches and players forgot how to do football without that first game, right? Your excuses just keep getting better.

Ignoring Iowa's ineptness immediately after those shanks, make even less sense than using the punts. Perhaps ISU should have had a better punter. Perhaps Iowa shouldn't have ran it on 3rd and 4. Perhaps Recinos shouldn't have missed an easy FG for him. Perhaps if Iowa's defense wasn't so good, ISU would have gained a first down.
Perhaps if ISU hadn't tried passing on the Iowa 1 on its first possession, it would have scored a TD. Perhaps if Kempt hadn't been hurt......etc., etc., etc. Not going to play that game.

Please note that I didn't blame the loss on the shanked punts. I mentioned them because another poster had referred to ISU giving Iowa gifts, and had been questioned by a poster. Those were gifts. Whether Iowa was unable to immediately capitalize on them, or whether ISU prevented Iowa from immediately capitalizing on them, is irrelevant.

Iowa's final TD was scored with less than five minutes remaining.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=401012863

If ISU's offense is as inept against our D this year as it was last year, I'd be totally fine giving you guys the ball wherever.

But wait, that's just because your coaches and players forgot how to do football without that first game, right? Your excuses just keep getting better.
You guys are even crazier than I thought. Wowser.

Iowa's final TD was scored with less than five minutes remaining.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=401012863
Haha. You are correct. The play by play says 6:30...as in a 6 minute and 30 second drive, not scoring with 6:30 left.

Thanks for correction.

It probably says even more about how the game went. Not really one that slipped away, rather one side getting steadily choked out- pretty much from the get go.

But, that was last year.

If the clowns had ever threatened, the Hawks would have tried harder. 6-3 wins the game.

I almost never feel as though that Iowa will win in Ames.

It’s starting to feel like Iowa wins by a minimum of a few touchdowns this year.

This game has classic “ISU” written all over it.
Hittin the bong has that “classic” feel to it as well doesn’t it?

Are you as impressed as I was that the clowns ran 2 whole plays in Iowa territory after their opening drive?

Damn that was dominant. I am still amazed Matty Campbell wasn’t named coach of the year. I mean 2 whole plays in Iowa territory after the opening drive. Dabo is just terrified I’m sure.

Damn that sucks that you still have to live in Texas!! And you’re a Clown!

No hope of you ever getting out of there, huh?

Have you at least thought about switching your favorite team?

Haha. You are correct. The play by play says 6:30...as in a 6 minute and 30 second drive, not scoring with 6:30 left.

Thanks for correction.

It probably says even more about how the game went. Not really one that slipped away, rather one side getting steadily choked out- pretty much from the get go.

But, that was last year.
Iowa dominated the game. Absolutely no question about that in my mind.

Just for laughter and entertainment, I visited CF for fans reactions and thoughts on losing on the field and in recruiting battles.

There's discussion that their only 2021 commit from just down the road at Roland Story HS, ath Zack Twedt, is visiting the Hawks for an official visit at the end of July. If/when he changes his mind... they can't use the fallback excuse that Campbell has recruited better players.

Is he projected at lb? wr?

You're more than welcome to stop visiting the site.
I, for one, enjoy Lone Clone's contributions on this board. There's nothing wrong with an opposing fan perspective on things ... and Lone Clone has long proven that he's far from the average homer-fan. Lone Clone regularly concedes points and doesn't foolishly claim that everything about his beloved program is better than our beloved program.

It leads to good, fun, and honest banter. Unfortunately, plenty of Iowa fans tend to perceive Lone Clone as a troll ... and they flame accordingly (and erroneously).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT