ADVERTISEMENT

ISU

Originally posted by chicago73:
I agree. the basketball team has way more tradition in last 40 years than iowa state. multiple big 10 regular season titles all the time in the 80's and 90's. i national power back then when iowa state was lagging around last in big 8.

Alternate universe?

0 X 0=0

The national media "loves" ISU.

11046938_10152807551096634_4159007844798059868_n.jpg

Originally posted by L. Wade Childress:
i wonder if any ISU grads with kids playing sports wished that ISU would offer more than 16 sports and rather than bragging about finishing higher than iowa in the directors cup.
Why would I want that? I want ISU to cut two sports to get down to the minimum D1 amount of 14 and put that money to MBB.

Originally posted by hawkinne:
Originally posted by 95Hawk:
The national media "loves" ISU.

11046938_10152807551096634_4159007844798059868_n.jpg
Now that is priceless.
I find it funny that anyone would brag about this, but I saw people on Facebook doing the same thing. While it is a tad embarrassing that someone at ESPN doesn't know what Iowa State's logo is, its just as embarrassing to Iowa that someone at ESPN doesn't know that the tiger hawk logo belongs to Iowa. It speaks very poorly to the brand awareness of both schools. I mean, I don't know what Central Florida's logo is, but if ESPN showed me Florida's logo and tried to tell me it was Central Florida's, I would know that they've made a mistake because Florida's logo has enough brand strength to recognize the error immediately. The fact that someone at ESPN doesn't immediately connect to tiger hawk to Iowa and instead thinks it belongs to Iowa State speaks as much about Iowa's brand as Iowa State's.

Actually sod clown the national media has it right. Anytime there is a good team in Iowa they automatically assume it is The University of Iowa. History has taught them most of the time that is the case.

Son even when the clowns are good nobody really knows about it. Can you say "little brother"? Sure ya can.

Originally posted by 100yearscounting:
Actually sod clown the national media has it right. Anytime there is a good team in Iowa they automatically assume it is The University of Iowa. History has taught them most of the time that is the case.

Son even when the clowns are good nobody really knows about it. Can you say "little brother"? Sure ya can.
There you go again......dose up!

Clownfangonna cry losses it when the truth is simply pointed out.

Can he gets meds to help him out with that?
When will your posts every make sense?

Originally posted by ISUBryce:

i wonder if any ISU grads with kids playing sports wished that ISU would offer more than 16 sports and rather than bragging about finishing higher than iowa in the directors cup.
Why would I want that? I want ISU to cut two sports to get down to the minimum D1 amount of 14 and put that money to MBB.
Why? Doesn't Fred pay the players enough already?

Really, so how do you explain ISU being on ESPN all the time lately? Big 12 Champs, a 3 seed with some national media outlets picking ISU to the Final Four and even some in the National Title game. And then Iowa's been on the....? Local news lately? Iowa hasn't just taken a back seat to ISU, they're back behind UNI this year too. Ouch!

Originally posted by B1G RED RULES:
So, history is okay to use when comparing yourself to ISU? When Huskers do that in football, you scream like little bitches that history is not relevant. So.....which is it?
LOL.

Originally posted by ISUBryce:
What sports are you proposing?

Clownfangonna cry losses it when the truth is simply pointed out.

Can he gets meds to help him out with that?
You wouldn't know the truth if it hit you upside the head. Maybe it would help unscramble the brain pathways a bit, but the easier solution is to DOSE UP!

As a big Hawkeye fan I will admit some of the Iowa Basketball fans on here are starting to sound like Nebraska football fans.

Yet in the "present" ESPN still associates isu's succes with Iowa's logo. Maybe Pollad should re-brand yet again.

Clearly this drives clown fans crazy.

Another clown fan touts Strenght of Schedule and yet the Texas Ten continues to prove SOS is meaningless. Hey clown fan why did the Texas Ten SUCK in bowl games if the SOS was accurate in any way shape or form?

This will be very entertaining just watch.

The Des Moines Register's "voice" for Iowa State University, Randy Peterson, disagrees. He tweeted on Friday about ESPN "favoring" Iowa over ISU. Always playing the "woe is us" card and the Rodney Dangerfiedesque "lack of respect" card.

Do I wish that Iowa was experiencing the same level of success as ISU on the basketball court right now? Yep.
Do I wish that Matt Gatens could be the equivalent of Fred Hoiberg in terms of the "local golden boy" who could raise his alma mater to fantastic heights? Sure. Why wouldn't I?
ISU fans should be excited and proud. I don't begrudge them at all.

It won't change my opinion that I think that it is pretty much an incredible "inferiority complex" that causes people like you to visit this site and thump your chest about your favorite team. Personally, I like Hoiberg and think that he is a phenomenal asset for ISU. I think that Niang is an amazing player and the fact that Morris didn't make a turnover in the Big 12 tournament is an amazing statistic. I might even enjoy some of that if I didn't have so many ISU fans getting to within 12 inches of my face and screaming how great they are. I do begrudge insufferable winners - whether they wear Iowa State, Duke or Kentucky on their sweatshirts.

Originally posted by stender72865:

ISU basketball and Fred Hoiberg are beloved by the national media.

ISU basketball is relevant on a national scale, while remains irrelevant, and more of an afterthought.

This post was edited on 3/17 8:31 AM by AuroraHawk

Yet in the "present" ESPN still associates isu's succes with Iowa's logo. Maybe Pollad should re-brand yet again.

You go on about logos....I'll just tell you scoreboard.

A simple mind could certainly try and sell that. So when the the experts start discussing little old ISU mbb, do you mute the TV or change the channel? Right now, you might have to watch reruns of "leave it to beaver" 24/7 so you don't have to hear or see anything about little old ISU.

Originally posted by Isitfootballseason?:

You go on about logos....I'll just tell you scoreboard.
Actually I say even when isu is good people associate success with Iowa and not "little brother".

Watching how it drives clown fans crazy is pure gold.

Why do you clone fans have to feed the damn trolls so hard over here! I can handle the ISU posts, but stop feeding 100yearsadouche and maybe he'll disappear!

I'm also sick of Iowa fans being so high and mighty. Swallow your pride and realize that ISU IS is the best team in Iowa right now, and they have been for at LEAST the past two years. Fran has us on the right path, we're competitive, we've beat good teams, and we are in the tournament for the 2nd year in a row. What more can we ask for? Isn't that that the goal of MBB? To get into March Madness and have a shot to make a run? I sure believe so.

Who cares who did what 5 years ago, or 10+ years ago. It is irrelevant. I'm pulling for the Clones, I'm pulling for UNI, and you can be damn sure I'm pulling for Iowa! What would be more fun than a sweet 16 rematch with ISU? Personally, I don't want any of it because I think they have us talent wise, but I doubt they'd run us out of the gym like they did earlier this year.

Originally posted by AuroraHawk:
The Des Moines Register's "voice" for Iowa Statue University, Randy Peterson, disagrees. He tweeted on Friday about ESPN "favoring" Iowa over ISU. Always playing the "woe is us" card and the Rodney Dangerfiedesque "lack of respect" card.

Do I wish that Iowa was experiencing the same level of success as ISU on the basketball court right now? Yep.
Do I wish that Matt Gatens could be the equivalent of Fred Hoiberg in terms of the "local golden boy" who could raise his alma mater to fantastic heights? Sure. Why wouldn't I?
ISU fans should be excited and proud. I don't begrudge them at all.

It won't change my opinion that I think that it is pretty much an incredible "inferiority complex" that causes people like you to visit this site and thump your chest about your favorite team. Personally, I like Hoiberg and think that he is a phenomenal asset for ISU. I think that Niang is an amazing player and the fact that Morris didn't make a turnover in the Big 12 tournament is an amazing statistic. I might even enjoy some of that if I didn't have so many ISU fans getting to within 12 inches of my face and screaming how great they are. I do begrudge insufferable winners - whether they wear Iowa State, Duke or Kentucky on their sweatshirts.

Originally posted by stender72865:

ISU basketball and Fred Hoiberg are beloved by the national media.

ISU basketball is relevant on a national scale, while remains irrelevant, and more of an afterthought.
Granted I usually just watch ESPN for the games and not much else but was curious when ESPN favored Iowa and pulled out the woe is us card.

Of course a clown fan is pulling for the clowns.
No, I'm most definitely a Hawk fan first and foremost. My wife is a UI grad, and we've attended several different sporting events in Iowa City. However, I don't share the same hate for Iowa State as many do on this board. Yes, they have their annoying, irrational fans, but so we do (see 100yearsadouce). The Clone fans that I know are usually tolerable, which is nice. I'm not sure why one would cheer against another Iowa school, unless they are playing each other head-to-head. You'd think that any publicity our state could get would be a positive thing.

Oh, and since you'll bring up their fan base, their administration, their players, etc. I get it, they've made mistakes, but so have we. Don't let that get in the way of your usual bs you spew.

Originally posted by Herkster5:

No, I'm most definitely a Hawk fan first and foremost. My wife is a UI grad, and we've attended several different sporting events in Iowa City. However, I don't share the same hate for Iowa State as many do on this board. Yes, they have their annoying, irrational fans, but so we do (see 100yearsadouce). The Clone fans that I know are usually tolerable, which is nice. I'm not sure why one would cheer against another Iowa school, unless they are playing each other head-to-head. You'd think that any publicity our state could get would be a positive thing.

Oh, and since you'll bring up their fan base, their administration, their players, etc. I get it, they've made mistakes, but so have we. Don't let that get in the way of your usual bs you spew.
Hahaha. However, I wouldn't classify 100/JWR as annoying and irrational. Not only would that be an understatement, it is a woefully inadequate description.

I do not hate ISU, I like Hoiberg, Morris, Niang, and Long. I think they are a great team and have a chance to go a long way in this tournament. I have good friends that are ISU fans, and I'm happy for them. However, their fans on this board are second to none though in trolling. It's bizarre to me why they run over here after every win to puff their chest. It's even more bizarre, that they look for haters to only respond to as well. There could be a thread with 100 compliments about ISU, with 1 negative comment, and all of the ISU guys will respond to that ONE bad comment. It'll be Farmer, LC, Cyd, Cyphillis, Sigh, Makeweight, FG, and Stender among others. I just don't get it, why is it impossible to have a rationale discussion without being a d***head behind a screen.

Damn! just saw Iowa landed a huge recruit.....a non ranked 3 star player with no other power 5 offers. Fran sure is a recruiting animal!

Originally posted by relishingwinning18:

I do not hate ISU, I like Hoiberg, Morris, Niang, and Long. I think they are a great team and have a chance to go a long way in this tournament. I have good friends that are ISU fans, and I'm happy for them. However, their fans on this board are second to none though in trolling. It's bizarre to me why they run over here after every win to puff their chest. It's even more bizarre, that they look for haters to only respond to as well. There could be a thread with 100 compliments about ISU, with 1 negative comment, and all of the ISU guys will respond to that ONE bad comment. It'll be Farmer, LC, Cyd, Cyphillis, Sigh, Makeweight, FG, and Stender among others. I just don't get it, why is it impossible to have a rationale discussion without being a d***head behind a screen.
Oh, I agree 100% - LoneClone is usually tolerable, and posts some good information - however, there are several Clone fans that troll the forums almost as hard as 100years trolls and thread that the Clones are mentioned in. Both teams, and schools, have their ups and downs, like any will when it is made up of 18-23 year olds. Rationale discussions would be nice to see at times, but we have too many State haters that will jump in to change the subject, which gets the thread off track.

The isu culture is to act like d-bags. Mistakes are only mistakes if the behavior ceases to exist. That isn't the case and won't be anytime soon for isu its players, coaches, fans, donors, racist students, professors, AD, and web site owners operators.

So it makes perfect sense why some clown fans "pretend" to be Iowa fans. Of course you and FG will continue to amuze us just the same.

Oh, I agree 100% - LoneClone is usually tolerable, and posts some good information - however, there are several Clone fans that troll the forums almost as hard as 100years trolls and thread that the Clones are mentioned in. Both teams, and schools, have their ups and downs, like any will when it is made up of 18-23 year olds. Rationale discussions would be nice to see at times, but we have too many State haters that will jump in to change the subject, which gets the thread off track.
See isit's respone above. Idiotic, and for some reason Kakert allows ISU trolls to bash our coach, recruits, and players. Iowa' commit's are on the same level, or higher, as Hallice Cook or Darien Williams coming in for ISU. Burton was averaging 6 pts 1 RB as a soph for a poor Marquette team, despite being a high level recruit coming out of highschool. Not exactly a superb class coming in for ISU either. Before ISU fans start chiming in, I'm not knocking your recruits, simply replying to Isit's idiotic statement, as they could turn out to be very good for you guys. Nobody knows. I never would have thought Hogue would have turned out as good as he has.

See isit's respone above. Idiotic, and for some reason Kakert allows ISU trolls to bash our coach, recruits, and players. Iowa' commit's are on the same level, or higher, as Hallice Cook or Darien Williams coming in for ISU. Burton was averaging 6 pts 1 RB as a soph for a poor Marquette team, despite being a high level recruit coming out of highschool. Not exactly a superb class coming in for ISU either. Before ISU fans start chiming in, I'm not knocking your recruits, simply replying to Isit's idiotic statement, as they could turn out to be very good for you guys. Nobody knows. I never would have thought Hogue would have turned out as good as he has.
Yep, I see it. He's being as classy as he usually is. I'm not sure why they don't get banned either, but that isn't our decision to make. If they feel better be trying to belittle another in-state team, so be it. ISU has done well with their way of recruiting, grabbing transfer, etc, and it has propelled them to the level they are at.
Fran is going a different route, and while the process might take a bit longer, I think the end result will be similar, as we'll both be mentioned in basketball conversations across the Nation.

Oh, and your comment on Hogue, I love it. The guy is an animal. Quiet player, seems to sneak quite a few points in each night, and plays pretty darn good defense, not to mention his rebounding abilities. Truly a fun player to watch.

isu fans seem to enjoy referencing the Directors Cup standings in relation to iowa, which I find rather amusing considering that any measure that supposedly measures success yet rates a 16 team department over a 24 team department is absurd.

Isit's response is similar to what Hawkeye fans have been saying about Fran's recruiting. I get that it's different when your own fanbase is critical vs. the rivalry fanbase, but quite frankly ISU fans get most of their material from these very boards.

Originally posted by Isitfootballseason?:
Damn! just saw Iowa landed a huge recruit.....a non ranked 3 star player with no other power 5 offers. Fran sure is a recruiting animal!
Hoiber is so awesome that he couldn't beat Fran for Uthoff despite Iowa being unable to offer a scholarship. Hoiber is better off recruiting from the police blotter or the "transactions" section of the sports page anyway.

isu and Sulimon from Duke are a match made in heaven.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT