ADVERTISEMENT

ISU

Originally posted by L. Wade Childress:
Iowa state: where not fielding a team is better than having a mediocre team.

why does Pollard hate women's sports?
He needs more money for Fred to buy better players.

Originally posted by relishingwinning18:
Originally posted by FG86:

No, I do not necessarily think that iowa should be finishing higher in the director's cup. if you look at how it is measured, it is a poor proxy for measuring the purpose of athletics.

as an Iowa resident I think Iowa state should be spending more money offering scholarships instead of being worried about beating iowa in non revenue sports and pumping money into their freaking cross country program.in his obsession with finishing higher than iowa, Pollard has lost sight of the purpose of college athletics.
Hahaha. Any statistics to back up your statements?

What is the purpose of athletics? Sounds like based on your post, Pollard does understand the true purpose of college athletics and you don't.

Why shouldn't Iowa be finishing higher in the director's cup? Didn't have a problem back the Bump/Grant days, or even with Bowlsby. How is it measured that it puts Iowa, of all schools, at such a disadvantage?Â

This post was edited on 3/17 10:16 AM by FG86
Again, all of isus fall points came from cross county and women's volleyball. Nobody cares about that here.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Do you understand the purpose of the director's cup?

Originally posted by 83Hawk:

Ohhhhh the butthurt was strong in that post.

The better question is why does Barta?

Originally posted by jaffarosenfels:

Originally posted by WhiteSoxClone:
When I read through threads like this, its clear why so many Iowa fans hate Iowa State and vice versa. The Internet gives the few idiots from rivalry schools a disproportionate voice. It makes it hard to cheer for another school when you've got a few their worst fans coming onto your boards to taunt you everytime they win. Or when one of their fans calls you a "subhuman" merely for liking a rival school. Its unfortunate too, because so many of these threads start with Iowa fans complementing Iowa State or vice versa, and then the trolls get ahold of the thread and it spirals out of control.
So this.
Here is the weird thing. Iowa fans start threads on ISU, some complementing ISU. Some Iowa fans get ticked that other Iowa fans are complementing ISU and whine about it. Other Iowa fans whining like little school girls because there are ISU threads on the board.

Meanwhile, I snuck a peek at the ISU board. On the first page of their bb board, they only mention of Iowa is the DM Register story about ISU spending more on bb recruiting and it is further down the page. On the first page of their fb board, nary a thread about Iowa.

Pretty weird, huh?

Originally posted by FarmerClone:

This seems like an interesting discussion. So it is your stance that the goal of every athletic department should be to offer as many sports as possible even if it means underfunding those sports to the level that they cannot be competitive? I guess that does provide more kids with free educations, but what is the point of fielding teams that are so underfunded they cannot be competitive in the athletic contests? ISU's women's sports are, by and large, very successful. A perennial NCAA tournament team in WBB, a top 25 volleyball team, an NCAA qualifying golf team, a second place cross country team, a gymnastics team that has had success, etc. I would think the overall goal would be to fund only the amount of teams that you can successful support at a level that they can be competitive.
no, that is not my stance.

my stance is that if your school offers barely over the D1 minimum number of sports then you shouldn't be talking shit.

Iowa could cut sports and reallocate resources if they wanted. of course, the only people that would benefit from that are those folks that hang their hat on some arbitrary ranking system or those that are obsessed with being perceived as better than some in-state rival. everyone else- the alumni, the student-athletes, the fans, the coaches, the prospective recruits, and the conference would all lose.

so while Iowa state offers 16 sports and brags about a higher standing in the director's cup, Iowa is investing millions of privately raised dollars into state of the art infrastructure for non-revenue sports such as crew, swimming and diving, baseball, and golf.

Congratulations on your volleyball team.

Originally posted by Isitfootballseason?:

Originally posted by 83Hawk:

Ohhhhh the butthurt was strong in that post.
Hardly.

Let me explain something to you.....ISU could win national championships in FB and BB every year for a hundred years....and being a fan of the Iowa Hawkeyes will STILL be 1000x better than being a fan of ISU.

It is the Iowa HAWKEYES. Iowa is the HAWKEYE state. Always will be. ISU will forever be "little brother"...to most of the state, the nation, and the world. That will never EVER change. ISU will ALWAYS be #2. Might as well get used to it.

I am proud to be a lifelong Hawk fan and alum. We don't need to go on other teams' message boards thumping our chest and jumping up and down saying "LOOK AT ME" like ISU fans do!

This seems like an interesting discussion. So it is your stance that the goal of every athletic department should be to offer as many sports as possible even if it means underfunding those sports to the level that they cannot be competitive? I guess that does provide more kids with free educations, but what is the point of fielding teams that are so underfunded they cannot be competitive in the athletic contests? ISU's women's sports are, by and large, very successful. A perennial NCAA tournament team in WBB, a top 25 volleyball team, an NCAA qualifying golf team, a second place cross country team, a gymnastics team that has had success, etc. I would think the overall goal would be to fund only the amount of teams that you can successful support at a level that they can be competitive.

my stance is that if your school offers barely over the D1 minimum number of sports then you shouldn't be talking shit.

Iowa could cut sports and reallocate resources if they wanted. of course, the only people that would benefit from that are those folks that hang their hat on some arbitrary ranking system or those that are obsessed with being perceived as better than some in-state rival. everyone else- the alumni, the student-athletes, the fans, the coaches, the prospective recruits, and the conference would all lose.

so while Iowa state offers 16 sports and brags about a higher standing in the director's cup, Iowa is investing millions of privately raised dollars into state of the art infrastructure for non-revenue sports such as crew, swimming and diving, baseball, and golf.

My stance is since Stanford offers 32 sports and Iowa only 22, you shouldn't be talking shit.

Iowa could cut 6 sports and they would still be doing pathetic in the director's cup.

No, I do not necessarily think that iowa should be finishing higher in the director's cup. if you look at how it is measured, it is a poor proxy for measuring the purpose of athletics.

as an Iowa resident I think Iowa state should be spending more money offering scholarships instead of being worried about beating iowa in non revenue sports and pumping money into their freaking cross country program.in his obsession with finishing higher than iowa, Pollard has lost sight of the purpose of college athletics.

What is the purpose of athletics? Sounds like based on your post, Pollard does understand the true purpose of college athletics and you don't.

Why shouldn't Iowa be finishing higher in the director's cup? Didn't have a problem back the Bump/Grant days, or even with Bowlsby. How is it measured that it puts Iowa, of all schools, at such a disadvantage?Â

Again, all of isus fall points came from cross county and women's volleyball. Nobody cares about that here.

It appears, way more than you understanding, that nobody cares about it here. Congrats on cross country, and women's volleyball, nobody cares dude. What's that, you guys are good at golf, awesome, that's a sweet, wait, yup, nobody cares. O, you are good at women's track and field and Indoor track and field, now that is a sport I could care, wait, nope, nobody cares. O, you said women's gymnastics, now that's something worth, no , wait, I don't care about that either. If this is your cup of tea, go find a director's cup board. Basketball burns, that's about it.

My stance is since Stanford offers 32 sports and Iowa only 22, you shouldn't be talking shit.

Iowa could cut 6 sports and they would still be doing pathetic in the director's cup.
Now you bring in Stanford to strengthen your argument about Iowa vs ISU in sports? WTF, you are dense.

It appears, way more than you understanding, that nobody cares about it here. Congrats on cross country, and women's volleyball, nobody cares dude. What's that, you guys are good at golf, awesome, that's a sweet, wait, yup, nobody cares. O, you are good at women's track and field and Indoor track and field, now that is a sport I could care, wait, nope, nobody cares. O, you said women's gymnastics, now that's something worth, no , wait, I don't care about that either. If this is your cup of tea, go find a director's cup board. Basketball burns, that's about it.
Of course currently Iowa fans don't care because we have been doing pathetic. We cared when we finished high. The director's cup is about the best OVERALL athletic dept. That includes the sports mentioned above.

Now you bring in Stanford to strengthen your argument about Iowa vs ISU in sports? WTF, you are dense.
Because in your little mind of loathing, it is about Iowa vs ISU. Iowa has been doing pathetic in the director's cup. I bring in Stanford because the poster makes it sound like the more sports you have, it is less likely you can finish high. The premise was ISU finishes higher because they have less sports. Some of you are so narrow-minded and so paranoid about ISU, it isn't even funny. What a pathetic bunch that is always whining about ISU and posting about it on an Iowa board, while meanwhile on the Cyclone board, they aren't even mentioning us. Like your self-worth is tied into being better than ISU. Truly pathetic.

UI put out a press release in 2011 when we were briefly 27th. But of course no one cares.

you are an idiot. I'm not saying you are doing better in the director's cup because you have fewer sports. I'm saying that the director's cup is retarded because no one outside of Ames would suggest that the rinky dink ISU athletic department is more successful than Iowa, just as no one in their right mind would suggest that Iowa is better than Stanford.

oh wait, NO ONE HAS EVER SUGGESTED THAT IOWA IS BETTER THAT STANFORD.

yet isu fans brag about being higher in the standings that Iowa. just look at how it's calculated and tell me how that makes you feel good. better yet, why does Pollard hate women's sports?

you are an idiot. I'm not saying you are doing better in the director's cup because you have fewer sports. I'm saying that the director's cup is retarded because no one outside of Ames would suggest that the rinky dink ISU athletic department is more successful than Iowa, just as no one in their right mind would suggest that Iowa is better than Stanford.

yet isu fans brag about being higher in the standings that Iowa. just look at how it's calculated and tell me how that makes you feel good. better yet, why does Pollard hate women's sports?
You are the one whining that ISU only has 16 sports. I am not a university so I am not ranked in the director's cup.

Of course, you think the director's cup is retarded because Iowa has been performing poorly in the standings.

Oh wait, Stanford is better than Iowa and ranked higher than Iowa. So if a team is ranked higher makes them better....

How it is calculated....The top 10 men's and women's sports from the school that generates the most points are counted. ISU doesn't even have 20 sports and yet still ranks higher than Iowa. So they can't even get the max # of points.

What are you basing your premise on that Pollard hates women's sports? Now Barta on the other hand currently is not in favor with many leaders in women's sports, including one Christine Grant.

Barta built a $7,000,000 boat house for the rowing team. I rest my case.
How very talented of him. Obviously, he is also grossly overpaid.

Because in your little mind of loathing, it is about Iowa vs ISU. Iowa has been doing pathetic in the director's cup. I bring in Stanford because the poster makes it sound like the more sports you have, it is less likely you can finish high. The premise was ISU finishes higher because they have less sports. Some of you are so narrow-minded and so paranoid about ISU, it isn't even funny. What a pathetic bunch that is always whining about ISU and posting about it on an Iowa board, while meanwhile on the Cyclone board, they aren't even mentioning us. Like your self-worth is tied into being better than ISU. Truly pathetic.
As pathetic as pretending to be an Iowa fan? I could care less about the director's cup, because I could care less. I care about 3 sports, Football, Basketball, and wrestling. A tiny bit about women's basketball, but not enough to watch a full game. I don't care how ISU does in CC, or any women's sports. Good for them if they are doing well, but I could care less. You think 100 sounds idiotic, you are way worse. In your little mind of loathing, you can't even put him ignore, or what else in your life would you have to do.

UI put out a press release in 2011 when we were briefly 27th. But of course no one cares.
Welp, now I definitely care.Tool.

As pathetic as pretending to be an Iowa fan? I could care less about the director's cup, because I could care less. I care about 3 sports, Football, Basketball, and wrestling. A tiny bit about women's basketball, but not enough to watch a full game. I don't care how ISU does in CC, or any women's sports. Good for them if they are doing well, but I could care less. You think 100 sounds idiotic, you are way worse. In your little mind of loathing, you can't even put him ignore, or what else in your life would you have to do.
No need for me to pretend. How much less could you care?

Welp, now I definitely care.Tool.
Someone in the UI athletic dept. got all excited.

For the record, the director's cup is used as one of UI's measure of success in evaluating coaches and the athletic program. I guess some people better care.

Originally posted by Clonewithasigh:

Originally posted by 100yearscounting:
Yet in the "present" ESPN still associates isu's succes with Iowa's logo. Maybe Pollad should re-brand yet again.

Clearly this drives clown fans crazy.
A simple mind could certainly try and sell that. So when the the experts start discussing little old ISU mbb, do you mute the TV or change the channel? Right now, you might have to watch reruns of "leave it to beaver" 24/7 so you don't have to hear or see anything about little old ISU.
I must say I did enjoy when Doug Gottlieb talked about UNI and ISU favorably and then said I guess you could say I am high on the "Hawkeye State". It won't change in my lifetime that this is the Hawkeye State. Just accept it and know that you guys have had a really nice run for what, 2 years! Well done! Enjoy it, it doesn't happen often for ISU sports!

isu fans seem to enjoy referencing the Directors Cup standings in relation to iowa, which I find rather amusing considering that any measure that supposedly measures success yet rates a 16 team department over a 24 team department is absurd.
Which gives Iowa more chances. It is very pathetic that ISU is finishing ahead of Iowa in the Director's Cup, especially given Iowa's financial resources.
I am yet to hear/read exactly why it is that Iowa dwarfs mighty isu in financial resources. You want to pretend to have all of the answers.... have at it.

(One would think that a school such as isu with the advantage of having less sports/athletes to administer and thus more time to focus would have done better financially in those endeavors - especially because isu is performing so well in its athletic department. As recently as 2011 or so, isu was still receiving 'house money' (tax dollars from the general fund), then they were told no more. Why would a school with so few activities and such a stellar record of achievement need to reach anywhere other than to its fans for funding?)

Carry on, Prentender (isu fan)... you always do!

clown.r191677.gif

Why shouldn't Iowa be finishing higher in the director's cup? Didn't have a problem back the Bump/Grant days, or even with Bowlsby. How is it measured that it puts Iowa, of all schools, at such a disadvantage?

Statistics? Well for statrers, it looks as if the Big Ten is a much better and stronger conference than the big xii - at least according to results of the most recent full-year Director's Cup.

Following completion of the 2013-14 year, the Big Ten had a top five ranked team in Penn State; no top five team for the big xii. There were two Big Ten teams finishing in the top ten compared to just one for the big xii. Top twenty-five? The big xiii managed to place all of three institutions in that category whereas the Big Ten had six teams. Every Big Ten team other than Iowa finished ranked fifty or better. Half of the big xii failed to reach the fifty ranking mark. Looks like the Big Ten was a much tougher conference to compete within compared to the big xii.

More statistics for you, Pretender. Iowa (using Directors' Cup measures) was better than isu in football, wrestling and women's basketball for the 2013-14 year. Some could think through that and determine that Iowa is placing attention on the sports activities that have greatest impact on recognition, participation (football), fundraising and fan support. isu, being a full-fledged basketball school places the overwhelming majority of its emphasis on men's basketball.

Tell me/us, in the long-term is the better stategy/plan for an athletic department.

clown.r191677.gif

You are the one whining that ISU only has 16 sports. I am not a university so I am not ranked in the director's cup.

Of course, you think the director's cup is retarded because Iowa has been performing poorly in the standings.

Oh wait, Stanford is better than Iowa and ranked higher than Iowa. So if a team is ranked higher makes them better....

How it is calculated....The top 10 men's and women's sports from the school that generates the most points are counted. ISU doesn't even have 20 sports and yet still ranks higher than Iowa. So they can't even get the max # of points.

What are you basing your premise on that Pollard hates women's sports? Now Barta on the other hand currently is not in favor with many leaders in women's sports, including one Christine Grant.
Of course not. As the AD, Gary Barta took a stand against all that the flannel brigade champions. The person that was dismissed felt that she was untouchable, having such a 'close' relationship with a member of the athletic administration. TG could do no wrong in her own mind.

Oops!

clown.r191677.gif

This seems like an interesting discussion.  So it is your stance that the goal of every athletic department should be to offer as many sports as possible even if it means underfunding those sports to the level that they cannot be competitive?  I guess that does provide more kids with free educations, but what is the point of fielding teams that are so underfunded they cannot be competitive in the athletic contests?  ISU's women's sports are, by and large, very successful.  A perennial NCAA tournament team in WBB, a top 25 volleyball team, an NCAA qualifying golf team, a second place cross country team, a gymnastics team that has had success, etc.  I would think the overall goal would be to fund only the amount of teams that you can successful support at a level that they can be competitive.

For the record, the director's cup is used as one of UI's measure of success in evaluating coaches and the athletic program. I guess some people better care.
Nobody cares about it doofus! Get over it.

I would like to see iowa win championships in every sport, of course. I do not worry about the director's cup because it is a an arbitrary way to measure success. Just look at the formula and tell me what you think.
Arbitrary? Not really. Pretty fair actually.

Given that Iowa has two sports very few play - wrestling and field hockey - they already have an advantage.
Since field hockey cannot be applied where isu is considered, tell me/us exactly why it is that isu has done so relatively poorly in wrestling. Feel free to cite all the Directors' Cup information you care to here.

Because, a school like isu that sits right in the middle of one of the most productive and fertile high school wrestling should be doing much better. You know, from that "advantage'" you mention above.

Fewer sports to fund, support, administer. Storied history in the sport. Yet, isu somehow manages to be mediocre in wrestling year after year. Some might use the term 'pathetic' that is being thrown around here elsewhere in the thread.

Keep up the pretense. It is all you have ever done here on HR. Once a Pretender, always the Pretender and you are Pretender I. Liar, isu fan.

clown.r191677.gif

Can anyone else find a so call "Iowa" fan that takes shots at Iowa more than the d-bag known as FG86?

Pollar beams with pride each time FG posts. It is how he measures the progress of the isu culture. More I say we want more. We want more. We want more.

Originally posted by 5Fan5:

isu fans seem to enjoy referencing the Directors Cup standings in relation to iowa, which I find rather amusing considering that any measure that supposedly measures success yet rates a 16 team department over a 24 team department is absurd.
Which gives Iowa more chances. It is very pathetic that ISU is finishing ahead of Iowa in the Director's Cup, especially given Iowa's financial resources.
I am yet to hear/read exactly why it is that Iowa dwarfs mighty isu in financial resources. You want to pretend to have all of the answers.... have at it.

(One would think that a school such as isu with the advantage of having less sports/athletes to administer and thus more time to focus would have done better financially in those endeavors - especially because isu is performing so well in its athletic department. As recently as 2011 or so, isu was still receiving 'house money' (tax dollars from the general fund), then they were told no more. Why would a school with so few activities and such a stellar record of achievement need to reach anywhere other than to its fans for funding?)

clown.r191677.gif
You have yet to read it because it wasn't what was being discussed.

Why shouldn't Iowa be finishing higher in the director's cup? Didn't have a problem back the Bump/Grant days, or even with Bowlsby. How is it measured that it puts Iowa, of all schools, at such a disadvantage?

Statistics? Well for statrers, it looks as if the Big Ten is a much better and stronger conference than the big xii - at least according to results of the most recent full-year Director's Cup.

Following completion of the 2013-14 year, the Big Ten had a top five ranked team in Penn State; no top five team for the big xii. There were two Big Ten teams finishing in the top ten compared to just one for the big xii. Top twenty-five? The big xiii managed to place all of three institutions in that category whereas the Big Ten had six teams. Every Big Ten team other than Iowa finished ranked fifty or better. Half of the big xii failed to reach the fifty ranking mark. Looks like the Big Ten was a much tougher conference to compete within compared to the big xii.

More statistics for you, Pretender. Iowa (using Directors' Cup measures) was better than isu in football, wrestling and women's basketball for the 2013-14 year. Some could think through that and determine that Iowa is placing attention on the sports activities that have greatest impact on recognition, participation (football), fundraising and fan support. isu, being a full-fledged basketball school places the overwhelming majority of its emphasis on men's basketball.

Tell me/us, in the long-term is the better stategy/plan for an athletic department.

clown.r191677.gif
Too bad we weren't discussing this. I was looking for the statistics that shows that ISU is spending all this money in nonrevenue sports trying to beat Iowa, and how much money Pollard is pumping into XC.

I would like to see iowa win championships in every sport, of course. I do not worry about the director's cup because it is a an arbitrary way to measure success. Just look at the formula and tell me what you think.
Arbitrary? Not really. Pretty fair actually.

Given that Iowa has two sports very few play - wrestling and field hockey - they already have an advantage.
Since field hockey cannot be applied where isu is considered, tell me/us exactly why it is that isu has done so relatively poorly in wrestling. Feel free to cite all the Directors' Cup information you care to here.

Because, a school like isu that sits right in the middle of one of the most productive and fertile high school wrestling should be doing much better. You know, from that "advantage'" you mention above.

Fewer sports to fund, support, administer. Storied history in the sport. Yet, isu somehow manages to be mediocre in wrestling year after year. Some might use the term 'pathetic' that is being thrown around here elsewhere in the thread.

Keep up the pretense. It is all you have ever done here on HR. Once a Pretender, always the Pretender and you are Pretender I. Liar, isu fan.

clown.r191677.gif
Relevancy of ISU's wrestling results? But for the record, ISU scores points in wrestling.

Can anyone else find a so call "Iowa" fan that takes shots at Iowa more than the d-bag known as FG86?

Pollar beams with pride each time FG posts. It is how he measures the progress of the isu culture. More I say we want more. We want more. We want more.
And what shots am I taking at Iowa?

"Pollar" beams every time you post because you embarrass University of Iowa.

I don't give a rip at all about the directors cup but a couple years ago I did find it humorous that iowa beat the mighty athletic dept of Isu in the cy hawk challenge and then finished dead last in the directors cup for the big ten...yet Iowa state put something out about how high they finished. I guess the big ten must have been really tough that year.

Think about this for a second. At iowa when our football team is 6-6 we want to fire the coach. At Iowa state a few years ago they had a team go 6-6 or 7-5 and their retard fans were discussing whether it was the best team ever. They also went to the NCAA a couple of years ago as an 8 or 9 seed and won a game and their fans talked about how great the team was. We fired Tom Davis for basically doing that 3 out of every 4 years.

In my 40 years of watching sports in the state iowa state fans have morphed into A very vocal minority. They have a great base of fans as far as going to events as long as team has a chance to win. They love to make a lot of noise when they win because they aren't used to it and want to make sure they get credit for it. Another thing about their fan base is they have a group that goes to events and then spends the next few months patting themselves on the back for how well they supported their team because they know they have a shit reputation. Should be called the Iowa state back patters. They might have a great basketball team the last couple of years...but they are still cyclones and that means they are still crap.

And what shots am I taking at Iowa?

"Pollar" beams every time you post because you embarrass University of Iowa.
Called it no one can id a d-bag quite like FG. No wonder Pollad beams when he posts.

I would like to see a rematch between Iowa and Iowa State. It could be a lot different game for sure because ISU didn't have Dejean Jones or McKay the first time around.

LOL as I was reading thru this thread I said to myself "this seems like the perfect time for yippee to jump in with his drivel" sure enough he didn't disappoint.

Let's all watch him show how great he is at the internet.

clown.r191677.gif
You have yet to read it because it wasn't what was being discussed.
Ah yes, the denial phase of Pretender's illogical rantings on HR. So very familiar to anyone that knows Pretender's history on these forums.

Let me simplify it for you. Iowa earned its way to financial solvency in its athletic department. This great divide in resources is directly attributable to the success of each institutions operations and administration. If dollars were the sole determinant of how any particular school does athletically, then Texas should fare much better than they do annually.

The facts remain. Iowa typically does better in the sport that is the most prevalent and recognized - football. Even this year (2014-15), Iowa outperformed isu according to the Directors' Cup because somehow, someway ole isu could not manage (yet once again) to land one of those meaningless January bowl games. Couple that with the fact that the Big Ten as a whole outperforms the big xii in the Directors' Cup and you begin to get a more true picture of the real differences between the two schools.

Deny away, Pretender... it is what all good isu fans do so well.

clown.r191677.gif

Wrong again, Pretender....

Why shouldn't Iowa be finishing higher in the director's cup?

clown.r191677.gif
Too bad we weren't discussing this. I was looking for the statistics that shows that ISU is spending all this money in nonrevenue sports trying to beat Iowa, and how much money Pollard is pumping into XC.
Too bad, you posed the very question which I addressed in my response. (Note: I have quoted your question here just for you to reread, Pretender.)

Now, go back and read my reply that includes actual Directors' Cup rankings for each the Big Ten and big xii.... it help to know at least something of what you Pretend to be so knowledgeable about. Iowa competes against typically stronger teams in the Big Ten than isu does in the big xii. That is where the discussion (and answer to YOUR question) begins and ends.

Pretender is as Pretender does.

(Why am I reminded of so many threads on the rivals forum of HR? You know the one's where you rant on and on and on without really saying anything other than Iowa is evil and bad and isu is okay. How many posts per day are you averaging now, Pretender? Some things just will never change, no matter how many different screen ids you use! Your obsessive hatred toward the University of Iowa Athletic Department just will not allow you to escape.)

clown.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Keeker16:
I don't give a rip at all about the directors cup but a couple years ago I did find it humorous that iowa beat the mighty athletic dept of Isu in the cy hawk challenge and then finished dead last in the directors cup for the big ten...yet Iowa state put something out about how high they finished. I guess the big ten must have been really tough that year.

Think about this for a second. At iowa when our football team is 6-6 we want to fire the coach. At Iowa state a few years ago they had a team go 6-6 or 7-5 and their retard fans were discussing whether it was the best team ever. They also went to the NCAA a couple of years ago as an 8 or 9 seed and won a game and their fans talked about how great the team was. We fired Tom Davis for basically doing that 3 out of every 4 years.

In my 40 years of watching sports in the state iowa state fans have morphed into A very vocal minority. They have a great base of fans as far as going to events as long as team has a chance to win. They love to make a lot of noise when they win because they aren't used to it and want to make sure they get credit for it. Another thing about their fan base is they have a group that goes to events and then spends the next few months patting themselves on the back for how well they supported their team because they know they have a shit reputation. Should be called the Iowa state back patters. They might have a great basketball team the last couple of years...but they are still cyclones and that means they are still crap.
Well said!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT