ADVERTISEMENT

ISU

Originally posted by L. Wade Childress:
isu fans seem to enjoy referencing the Directors Cup standings in relation to iowa, which I find rather amusing considering that any measure that supposedly measures success yet rates a 16 team department over a 24 team department is absurd.
Which gives Iowa more chances. It is very pathetic that ISU is finishing ahead of Iowa in the Director's Cup, especially given Iowa's financial resources.

Originally posted by FG86:

isu fans seem to enjoy referencing the Directors Cup standings in relation to iowa, which I find rather amusing considering that any measure that supposedly measures success yet rates a 16 team department over a 24 team department is absurd.
Which gives Iowa more chances. It is very pathetic that ISU is finishing ahead of Iowa in the Director's Cup, especially given Iowa's financial resources.
I'm not sure how your relating this. Are you inferring that we have more money, so we should spend more on recruiting, and thus have a better basketball team?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by relishingwinning18:

I'm not sure how your relating this. Are you inferring that we have more money, so we should spend more on recruiting, and thus have a better basketball team?
I am inferring that our budget is much larger than ISU's, much larger. We should be finishing higher in the director's cup, and certainly higher than ISU, because we have the financial resources to spend more on recruiting, have better facilities, etc. etc.

I don't know why it matters if ISU's team is better than Iowa's. Clown fans still suck dick no matter what.
smile.r191677.gif

I am inferring that our budget is much larger than ISU's, much larger. We should be finishing higher in the director's cup, and certainly higher than ISU, because we have the financial resources to spend more on recruiting, have better facilities, etc. etc.
There's a great article in the Des Moines register today about how much more Iowa State spent than Iowa in basketball recruiting. They finished in the top 10 in the country. And there is no way you are an Iowa fan.

See isit's respone above. Idiotic, and for some reason Kakert allows ISU trolls to bash our coach, recruits, and players. Iowa' commit's are on the same level, or higher, as Hallice Cook or Darien Williams coming in for ISU. Burton was averaging 6 pts 1 RB as a soph for a poor Marquette team, despite being a high level recruit coming out of highschool. Not exactly a superb class coming in for ISU either. Before ISU fans start chiming in, I'm not knocking your recruits, simply replying to Isit's idiotic statement, as they could turn out to be very good for you guys. Nobody knows. I never would have thought Hogue would have turned out as good as he has.
The real question is why did Kakert in essence shut down the Rivalry Forum and drive 100 out of the basement into the main forums?

I understand what you are getting at in regards to ISU's incoming players, but Cooke shot 45% as a freshman while starting in the Pac 12 and Burton was an all Big East freshman under the previous coach. They have both proven they can play in a high major league. Time will tell if they can be stars though.

Originally posted by FarmerClone:
See isit's respone above. Idiotic, and for some reason Kakert allows ISU trolls to bash our coach, recruits, and players. Iowa' commit's are on the same level, or higher, as Hallice Cook or Darien Williams coming in for ISU. Burton was averaging 6 pts 1 RB as a soph for a poor Marquette team, despite being a high level recruit coming out of highschool. Not exactly a superb class coming in for ISU either. Before ISU fans start chiming in, I'm not knocking your recruits, simply replying to Isit's idiotic statement, as they could turn out to be very good for you guys. Nobody knows. I never would have thought Hogue would have turned out as good as he has.
The real question is why did Kakert in essence shut down the Rivalry Forum and drive 100 out of the basement into the main forums?

I understand what you are getting at in regards to ISU's incoming players, but Cooke shot 45% as a freshman while starting in the Pac 12 and Burton was an all Big East freshman under the previous coach.  They have both proven they can play in a high major league.  Time will tell if they can be stars though.
If you all ignored 100, then we could have decent discussions on this board instead of non-stop pissing matches. I've ignored him for Christ sake. Didn't know that about button, just heard he had been a disappointment so far.

I only reply when clown fans do what clown fans do. They can't help but act like d-bags so I reply in kind. Will they ever figure it out? Naw, their "little brother syndrome" runs too deep and they just can't help it.

There's a great article in the Des Moines register today about how much more Iowa State spent than Iowa in basketball recruiting. They finished in the top 10 in the country. And there is no way you are an Iowa fan.
Yes I saw it. Why are we being outspent in recruiting? We don't spend very much in football recruiting either. Why? Coaches don't like traveling? I don't now.

And yes I am an Iowa fan.

Yes I saw it. Why are we being outspent in recruiting? We don't spend very much in football recruiting either. Why? Coaches don't like traveling? I don't now.

Man then you must really hate 100, because you come off as an isu guy. Not sure why they don't spend more, as I think Fran works his butt off. Kf, I have a hard time believing he does much anymore. It could be all the time isu assistants scout for transfer possibilities.

Man then you must really hate 100, because you come off as an isu guy. Not sure why they don't spend more, as I think Fran works his butt off. Kf, I have a hard time believing he does much anymore. It could be all the time isu assistants scout for transfer possibilities.
100 is a dbag, who is a complete embarrassment to the fanbase. Our fb recruiting expenses are anemic.

100 is a dbag, who is a complete embarrassment to the fanbase. Our fb recruiting expenses are anemic.
I do my best to do as clown fans do. Funny how many people including clown fans see FG as a clown. Being a d-bag is a must in the isu culture. isu's Players, coaches, fans, students, AD, donors, professors and web site Owner/operators continue to prove my point for me.

Hey FG how long will we have to wait for the next d-bag incident from isu? I am going to set the over at 3 weeks. Which side do you want FG?

Originally posted by 100yearscounting:

I do my best to do as clown fans do. Funny how many people including clown fans see FG as a clown. Being a d-bag is a must in the isu culture. isu's Players, coaches, fans, students, AD, donors, professors and web site Owner/operators continue to prove my point for me.

Hey FG how long will we have to wait for the next d-bag incident from isu? I am going to set the over at 3 weeks. Which side do you want FG?
How about guessing how long before the next d-bag post from you? Really not a fair bet though is it? Every post of yours is a d-bag post. Can you get another one in before the day ends? Or should we guess 12 hours?

Please try harder to act like Clone fans. It would be a remarkable improvement and might even make you almost tolerable.

Hey FG, I only respond to clown fan d-bags like yourself. So my response is totally dependent on how long it takes before clown fans just can't help it and they spew their typical d-bag crap.

Too bad the same can't be said about the culture of isu and yet another d-bag incident becomes so well publicized. But do tell us how it really is FG. That is always very entertaining. Well not as entertaining as when you argue with yourself but we will take whatever you want to forth.

Originally posted by Isitfootballseason?:
Damn! just saw Iowa landed a huge recruit.....a non ranked 3 star player with no other power 5 offers. Fran sure is a recruiting animal!
Hoiber is so awesome that he couldn't beat Fran for Uthoff despite Iowa being unable to offer a scholarship. Hoiber is better off recruiting from the police blotter or the "transactions" section of the sports page anyway.

isu and Sulimon from Duke are a match made in heaven.
You know a recruiting visit is a joke when it gets cut short due to the kid being on his phone the whole time and basically ignoring the coaches. Uthoff was never going anywhere other than Iowa. Can't blame a kid for wanting to go somewhere where he can be the face of the team instead of a role player.

Originally posted by TheBling:

Damn! just saw Iowa landed a huge recruit.....a non ranked 3 star player with no other power 5 offers. Fran sure is a recruiting animal!
Hoiber is so awesome that he couldn't beat Fran for Uthoff despite Iowa being unable to offer a scholarship. Hoiber is better off recruiting from the police blotter or the "transactions" section of the sports page anyway.

You know a recruiting visit is a joke when it gets cut short due to the kid being on his phone the whole time and basically ignoring the coaches. Uthoff was never going anywhere other than Iowa. Can't blame a kid for wanting to go somewhere where he can be the face of the team instead of a role player.
Yet If Hoiber was as awesome as clown fans say, Uthoff would be in Lames.

This post was edited on 3/16 11:06 PM by 100yearscounting

There you have it FG. It was took one whole minute before a clown fan posts as a d-bag.

I win again. NEXT.

This post was edited on 3/16 11:05 PM by 100yearscounting

If you all ignored 100, then we could have decent discussions on this board instead of non-stop pissing matches. I've ignored him for Christ sake. Didn't know that about button, just heard he had been a disappointment so far.
Burton was on a seven man All Big East rookie team as a freshman under Coach Williams while averaging 7 points, 2 boards, 1 steal in about 13 minutes per game. Not eye popping numbers, but solid contributor for only 13 minutes per game. Time will tell if he fits Fred's system better than that of the current Marquette coach.

Hallice Cooke was also honorable mention All Freshman team in the Pac12, the big question mark on him is if he fully recovers from surgery.

There are risks with transfers and with prep recruits but so far, Fred has not had a transfer not successfully blend in and be key contributors and Fran has shown he can find freshman that others may overlook like White. Time will tell which crop of newcomers makes a bigger impact.

So Fran is a better recruiter than Fred because of one guy who wanted to go to Iowa all along.

Newsflash to JWR/100 - not every coach lands every prospect. Gasp.

Does it hurt 100 to see that ISU had a 1st and 2nd team all Big 12 player that was recruited out of Highschool? But he says ISU only wins with transfers......

When will 100 realize that Fran tries to get transfers too, just hasn't landed many.

So Fran is a better recruiter than Fred because of one guy who wanted to go to Iowa all along.

Newsflash to JWR/100 - not every coach lands every prospect. Gasp.

Does it hurt 100 to see that ISU had a 1st and 2nd team all Big 12 player that was recruited out of Highschool? But he says ISU only wins with transfers......

When will 100 realize that Fran tries to get transfers too, just hasn't landed many.
That 1st teamer was offered by Fran and even visited Iowa.

No, I do not necessarily think that iowa should be finishing higher in the director's cup. if you look at how it is measured, it is a poor proxy for measuring the purpose of athletics.

as an Iowa resident I think Iowa state should be spending more money offering scholarships instead of being worried about beating iowa in non revenue sports and pumping money into their freaking cross country program.in his obsession with finishing higher than iowa, Pollard has lost sight of the purpose of college athletics.

So we must ignore Uthoff because clown fans say so. Freddy prefers players tossed from the team at other schools anyway.

No, I do not necessarily think that iowa should be finishing higher in the director's cup. if you look at how it is measured, it is a poor proxy for measuring the purpose of athletics.

as an Iowa resident I think Iowa state should be spending more money offering scholarships instead of being worried about beating iowa in non revenue sports and pumping money into their freaking cross country program.in his obsession with finishing higher than iowa, Pollard has lost sight of the purpose of college athletics.
Hahaha. Any statistics to back up your statements?

What is the purpose of athletics? Sounds like based on your post, Pollard does understand the true purpose of college athletics and you don't.

Why shouldn't Iowa be finishing higher in the director's cup? Didn't have a problem back the Bump/Grant days, or even with Bowlsby. How is it measured that it puts Iowa, of all schools, at such a disadvantage?

This post was edited on 3/17 10:16 AM by FG86

Hey FG, I only respond to clown fan d-bags like yourself. So my response is totally dependent on how long it takes before clown fans just can't help it and they spew their typical d-bag crap.

Too bad the same can't be said about the culture of isu and yet another d-bag incident becomes so well publicized. But do tell us how it really is FG. That is always very entertaining. Well not as entertaining as when you argue with yourself but we will take whatever you want to forth.
Too bad I'm not a clown fan.

Less than 12 hours...I win.

I will tell you how it is. You are a complete and utter embarrassment to the fan base.

There you have it FG. It was took one whole minute before a clown fan posts as a d-bag.

I win again. NEXT.

This post was edited on 3/16 11:05 PM by 100yearscounting
And what makes that a d-bag post?

Too bad I'm not a clown fan.

Less than 12 hours...I win.

I will tell you how it is. You are a complete and utter embarrassment to the fan base.
Can you two go get a room back over on the football board please?

K Thx Bye

As one who lives in Milwaukee and has followed Marquette quite a bit the last three years, Devonte Burton hasn't done much. He's played for two different coaches and didn't seem to grow or improve a whole lot under either. He left because things weren't going his way. The fans here weren't all that sad to see him go. All of which means he'll probably come be all-Big Twelve and give more ammunition to the Fred Hoiberg is the greatest coach ever viewpoint.

I would like to see iowa win championships in every sport, of course. I do not worry about the director's cup because it is a an arbitrary way to measure success. Just look at the formula and tell me what you think.

there are three groups of people in the country that consistently reference the directors cup: Iowa State fans, Barta haters, and fired field hockey coaches.

I would like to see iowa win championships in every sport, of course. I do not worry about the director's cup because it is a an arbitrary way to measure success. Just look at the formula and tell me what you think.
Arbitrary? Not really. Pretty fair actually.

Given that Iowa has two sports very few play - wrestling and field hockey - they already have an advantage.

there are three groups of people in the country that consistently reference the directors cup: Iowa State fans, Barta haters, and fired field hockey coaches.
Actually, that is nothing further from the truth. You just don't like to reference it because we aren't doing well in it. Been last among B1G schools. Pathetic.

This post was edited on 3/17 10:56 AM by FG86

Hahaha. Any statistics to back up your statements?

What is the purpose of athletics? Sounds like based on your post, Pollard does understand the true purpose of college athletics and you don't.

Why shouldn't Iowa be finishing higher in the director's cup? Didn't have a problem back the Bump/Grant days, or even with Bowlsby. How is it measured that it puts Iowa, of all schools, at such a disadvantage? 

This post was edited on 3/17 10:16 AM by FG86
Again, all of isus fall points came from cross county and women's volleyball. Nobody cares about that here.

Originally posted by Herkster5:

Originally posted by Herkster5:

Of course a clown fan is pulling for the clowns.
No, I'm most definitely a Hawk fan first and foremost. My wife is a UI grad, and we've attended several different sporting events in Iowa City. However, I don't share the same hate for Iowa State as many do on this board. Yes, they have their annoying, irrational fans, but so we do (see 100yearsadouce). The Clone fans that I know are usually tolerable, which is nice. I'm not sure why one would cheer against another Iowa school, unless they are playing each other head-to-head. You'd think that any publicity our state could get would be a positive thing.

Oh, and since you'll bring up their fan base, their administration, their players, etc. I get it, they've made mistakes, but so have we. Don't let that get in the way of your usual bs you spew.
I do not hate ISU, I like Hoiberg, Morris, Niang, and Long. I think they are a great team and have a chance to go a long way in this tournament. I have good friends that are ISU fans, and I'm happy for them. However, their fans on this board are second to none though in trolling. It's bizarre to me why they run over here after every win to puff their chest. It's even more bizarre, that they look for haters to only respond to as well. There could be a thread with 100 compliments about ISU, with 1 negative comment, and all of the ISU guys will respond to that ONE bad comment. It'll be Farmer, LC, Cyd, Cyphillis, Sigh, Makeweight, FG, and Stender among others. I just don't get it, why is it impossible to have a rationale discussion without being a d***head behind a screen.
Oh, I agree 100% - LoneClone is usually tolerable, and posts some good information - however, there are several Clone fans that troll the forums almost as hard as 100years trolls and thread that the Clones are mentioned in. Both teams, and schools, have their ups and downs, like any will when it is made up of 18-23 year olds. Rationale discussions would be nice to see at times, but we have too many State haters that will jump in to change the subject, which gets the thread off track.
When I read through threads like this, its clear why so many Iowa fans hate Iowa State and vice versa. The Internet gives the few idiots from rivalry schools a disproportionate voice. It makes it hard to cheer for another school when you've got a few their worst fans coming onto your boards to taunt you everytime they win. Or when one of their fans calls you a "subhuman" merely for liking a rival school. Its unfortunate too, because so many of these threads start with Iowa fans complementing Iowa State or vice versa, and then the trolls get ahold of the thread and it spirals out of control.

Less than one minute. FG can't beat that with his fellow clown fans.

So when will you be arguing with yourself again FG? Always fun.

Originally posted by WhiteSoxClone:
When I read through threads like this, its clear why so many Iowa fans hate Iowa State and vice versa. The Internet gives the few idiots from rivalry schools a disproportionate voice. It makes it hard to cheer for another school when you've got a few their worst fans coming onto your boards to taunt you everytime they win. Or when one of their fans calls you a "subhuman" merely for liking a rival school. Its unfortunate too, because so many of these threads start with Iowa fans complementing Iowa State or vice versa, and then the trolls get ahold of the thread and it spirals out of control.
So this.

Iowa state: where not fielding a team is better than having a mediocre team.

why does Pollard hate women's sports?

Iowa state: where not fielding a team is better than having a mediocre team.

why does Pollard hate women's sports?
This seems like an interesting discussion. So it is your stance that the goal of every athletic department should be to offer as many sports as possible even if it means underfunding those sports to the level that they cannot be competitive? I guess that does provide more kids with free educations, but what is the point of fielding teams that are so underfunded they cannot be competitive in the athletic contests? ISU's women's sports are, by and large, very successful. A perennial NCAA tournament team in WBB, a top 25 volleyball team, an NCAA qualifying golf team, a second place cross country team, a gymnastics team that has had success, etc. I would think the overall goal would be to fund only the amount of teams that you can successful support at a level that they can be competitive.

Originally posted by iceland:
As one who lives in Milwaukee and has followed Marquette quite a bit the last three years, Devonte Burton hasn't done much. He's played for two different coaches and didn't seem to grow or improve a whole lot under either. He left because things weren't going his way. The fans here weren't all that sad to see him go. All of which means he'll probably come be all-Big Twelve and give more ammunition to the Fred Hoiberg is the greatest coach ever viewpoint.
To be fair, those same fans also said the same things a year ago when McKay left. They said he was selfish, not a team player, not willing to put in the work to earn his minutes. Burton may or may not be successful at ISU, but I do know that Fred wanted him badly out of high school and he possesses something Fred cherishes, mismatch skills. He is a 6'4", 240 pound guard that can post smaller guards up or move to the perimeter and knock down a three. The big question is does Wojo have a way to utilize this type of player in his offense or was it simply a matter of it not matching what Wojo was trying to do? And then the other issue of how much was Burton sidetracked mentally by the passing of his mother and did he simply need to push the reset button somewhere else?

Here is a thread from a Marquette forum from a few days ago discussing McKay and Burton.

McKay and Burton

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT