ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a new era in Hawkeye Land!!! - FSU fan thread to discuss Hawkeye football

Philbin's record doesn't seem so bad as OC at Iowa.
1999 14.7 PPG 300 YPG
2000 16.9 PPG 305 YPG
2001 31.0 PPG 398 YPG
2002 37.2 PPG 424 YPG

Year 3 was a dramatic improvement. Year 4 was more than acceptable by almost any standard.
The new OC isn't going to have the luxury of 3 years to improve in the current environment.

Philbin's record doesn't seem so bad as OC at Iowa.
1999 14.7 PPG 300 YPG
2000 16.9 PPG 305 YPG
2001 31.0 PPG 398 YPG
2002 37.2 PPG 424 YPG

Year 3 was a dramatic improvement. Year 4 was more than acceptable by almost any standard.
The new OC isn't going to have the luxury of 3 years to improve in the current environment.
He was offensive line coach.

Uncalled for.

I think it would be fun as hell playing the role of an Iowa QB. Drop the ball randomly, find the worst possible receiver to throw it to, eat copious amounts of food without exercising….
Imagine being a scout team wr for Iowa week? Coaches keep being like “no run slower.. actually just go take the week off”

Imagine being a scout team wr for Iowa week? Coaches keep being like “no run slower.. actually just go take the week off”
“From this formation, they like to have the X and Y run basically right next to each other, looking back at the QB the whole time.”

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
8cylue.jpg

Is KF now on the hot seat? Win 10 or hit the road?
Nope.

This is where I differ from others in the fanbase. He's been successful enough to earn the right to go out on his own terms, a seeming dud as an OC hire doesn't change that. Anyway I'd think there are very few ADs in the country with big enough balls to fire or even "push out" a guy who'd coached there for over 25 years.

Football board is being a bunch of babies about this. Their tears could turn the cedar river clear.
You don't get to complain if the offense doesn't improve much.

Is it a terrible hire? Who knows, only time will tell. But compared to the other names that were supposedly 'in the running', Lester doesn't even jiggle the needle.

You don't get to complain if the offense doesn't improve much.

Is it a terrible hire? Who knows, only time will tell. But compared to the other names that were supposedly 'in the running', Lester doesn't even jiggle the needle.
Me personally? I don't get to complain? I will complain if I want.

But also I'm not going to throw an online temper tantrum over something I have 0 control over.

Reactions: gohawks50 and Moral
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT