ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a new era in Hawkeye Land!!! - FSU fan thread to discuss Hawkeye football

Dang, poor ole deacon has limited pocket awareness. Defense better buck up big, or this will get out of control.

GIF by iHeartRadio
Staring Aretha Franklin GIF

Stare What GIF by euphoria

Staring Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF

I defiantly did not watch the kickball game and Iowa's game winning FG was more exciting than any soccer game I've never watched...ever. Disrespectfully agree to disagree...
Liverpool match today is more exciting than that game in Wrigley dump.
And more exciting than what i watched of the first half of the hawkeye game earlier.

Once again…another game where the offense is a detriment to the team. Our attempt at playing offense was worse than kneeling and punting.

I’m not saying a new OC will magically fix things, but if they can squeeze some sort of improvement on that side of the ball, the games play out SO MUCH DIFFERENTLY.

Reactions: Moral and NoleinATL
Tough one for the Hawkeyes, I hope there is a plan for QB going forward.

That kid from Tenn has got some talent, guess we know why they gave him a reported 7 mill

• Wow
Reactions: TennNole17
Has there ever been a shittier bowl season than this?

Now we get to watch 'Bama thrash Michigan. Makes me want to puke.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
I didn’t finish (that’s what she said)

How did the backup look?

You didn’t lose as bad as the Noles did, so there’s that.

Once again…another game where the offense is a detriment to the team. Our attempt at playing offense was worse than kneeling and punting.

I’m not saying a new OC will magically fix things, but if they can squeeze some sort of improvement on that side of the ball, the games play out SO MUCH DIFFERENTLY.
I just don't see it. WR talent on this Iowa team is absolutely the worst, the OLine isn't much better, and you'll most likely see a limited QB leading the team.

Unless Brian's schemes/plays are completely and totally tossed, it will be more of the same. Remember that KF said BF pulled some of GDGD's plays and incorporated them into his playbook.

WTF....Joe Philbin? He's awful. KF sticking with the friends and family plan. Philbin was his assistant long ago.

Kirk don't change. Philbin is his guy.

IMO and I may be stating the obvious here
-
Kirk is a few wins short of the criteria for the College Hall of Fame. If he reaches that he retires EOY. That is the only thing that kept him from telling the U of I to **** off when informed BF was gone this year. If he has to go a second year that will be it, no if ands or buts. I have no issue with this at all. As much as it sucks he deserves and earned the right to leave on his own. (especially coming off an 11-2 season)

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
KF needs to go. There's no sugar-coating it. He did a lot for the program in his 25 years, but he's currently running one phase of it through the ground because he operates the offense like we're a quarter of way into the 20th century instead of the 21st century it actually is.

The offensive scheme, strategy, mindset and effectiveness will never change - enough to make any real difference in results and on stat sheets - as long as Kirk keeps on stubbornly working that gum on the sidelines.

Reactions: Moral and SolarHawk

-
Kirk is a few wins short of the criteria for the College Hall of Fame. If he reaches that he retires EOY. That is the only thing that kept him from telling the U of I to **** off when informed BF was gone this year. If he has to go a second year that will be it, no if ands or buts. I have no issue with this at all. As much as it sucks he deserves and earned the right to leave on his own. (especially coming off an 10-4 season)
Let’s not repeat the bullshit from 2015. Hawk fans loved to tought the 12-0 regular season while ignoring the complete crumble in the post season.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
I just don't see it. WR talent on this Iowa team is absolutely the worst, the OLine isn't much better, and you'll most likely see a limited QB leading the team.

Unless Brian's schemes/plays are completely and totally tossed, it will be more of the same. Remember that KF said BF pulled some of GDGD's plays and incorporated them into his playbook.
I don’t think it can be overstated how much difference coaching can make; position coaches
and coordinators alike.

The million dollar question is if Kirk is going to hire someone who can ACTUALLY make a difference. Chryst, I think can. Philbin I don’t feel as good about.

-
Kirk is a few wins short of the criteria for the College Hall of Fame. If he reaches that he retires EOY. That is the only thing that kept him from telling the U of I to **** off when informed BF was gone this year. If he has to go a second year that will be it, no if ands or buts. I have no issue with this at all. As much as it sucks he deserves and earned the right to leave on his own. (especially coming off an 11-2 season)
I think he had to win today to stay at 60% win rate and maintain eligibility. Decent chance he blows that opportunity next year if we run it back with McNamara and Hill at QB, and with Philbin at OC.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I don’t think it can be overstated how much difference coaching can make; position coaches
and coordinators alike.

The million dollar question is if Kirk is going to hire someone who can ACTUALLY make a difference. Chryst, I think can. Philbin I don’t feel as good about.
True, and so can Jimmy and Joe. The billion dollar question is can the new OC design (within the constraints of a KF offense) something that will work given the level of talent this team has? Think PP type success with 2 and 3 stars?

I agree about Christ, Philbin I think would be okay. My fear is it will be Budmayr.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT