ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a new era in Hawkeye Land!!! - FSU fan thread to discuss Hawkeye football

I will say they looked a lot worse up close in person than on TV, lol.

The frustrating thing is I think there is a fair amount of individual talent on the team - and I do REALLY like the freshmen class.

But there is something missing connection wise and teamwork wise, especially among the starters. And Patrick has seemingly regressed terribly. He just sort of floats around out there and is a non-factor on offense and defense - very, very disappointing.

Josh Dix and Payton Sandfort had horrible games yesterday - and Iowa is not going to beat anyone in the Big 10 if those two aren't making three pointers and putting up decent point totals.
The players on this team just do not complement one another, and the team as a whole is less than the sum of its parts, and the parts aren't all that great.

Fran did the right thing starting Freeman, but he should have started him for Patrick. Patrick is just not good enough. He seemingly had the physical gifts, but he just has no fire in the belly to have improved. Connor had fire in the belly, but did not have Patrick's physical gifts. Too bad.

Sandfort is meant to be a Robert Horry type of player. Great 3rd or 4th option, but not someone you can regularly run an offense through and expect to be successful against good teams.

For Dix to be on the floor for meaningful minutes, he has to make 3s. If he can't make threes, that is just another drag on the floor along with Patrick.

I love Tony Perkins' attitude and effort, but the dude just can't shoot.

Krikke gives great attitude and effort, but his ceiling is very low, and that comes home to roost against taller more athletic posts, which means just about every post in the Big Ten.

This is just a bad basketball team. Mediocre players who don't complement each other. If we make the Big Dance, I would be SHOCKED.

Reactions: Kelsers and torbee
The players on this team just do not complement one another, and the team as a whole is less than the sum of its parts, and the parts aren't all that great.

Fran did the right thing starting Freeman, but he should have started him for Patrick. Patrick is just not good enough. He seemingly had the physical gifts, but he just has no fire in the belly to have improved. Connor had fire in the belly, but did not have Patrick's physical gifts. Too bad.

Sandfort is meant to be a Robert Horry type of player. Great 3rd or 4th option, but not someone you can regularly run an offense through and expect to be successful against good teams.

For Dix to be on the floor for meaningful minutes, he has to make 3s. If he can't make threes, that is just another drag on the floor along with Patrick.

I love Tony Perkins' attitude and effort, but the dude just can't shoot.

Krikke gives great attitude and effort, but his ceiling is very low, and that comes home to roost against taller more athletic posts, which means just about every post in the Big Ten.

This is just a bad basketball team. Mediocre players who don't complement each other. If we make the Big Dance, I would be SHOCKED.
Yeah, Fran won't do it - but I'd prefer trying to start building around the core of Harding, Freeman, Pryce Sandfort and Dembele. Get them more playing time and get as many floor minutes for experience out of them as possible. I think Freeman can become a core star player, but that's too much to ask of a freshman big in the Big 10 if he's not a genuine 5 star type talent. I think Harding can be a B+ Big 10 point guard down the road as well, provided he adds strength and corrals some of his more reckless play.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Yeah, Fran won't do it - but I'd prefer trying to start building around the core of Harding, Freeman, Pryce Sandfort and Dembele. Get them more playing time and get as many floor minutes for experience out of them as possible. I think Freeman can become a core star player, but that's too much to ask of a freshman big in the Big 10 if he's not a genuine 5 star type talent. I think Harding can be a B+ Big 10 point guard down the road as well, provided he adds strength and corrals some of his more reckless play.
I was hopeful for Dembele watching him against bad teams, but he's a project in terms of Big 10 play. I really haven't been impressed with Sandfort 2.0, even against bad teams. I haven't made my mind up on Harding, but he shows the most promise in the short run other than Freeman.

Reactions: torbee
I will say they looked a lot worse up close in person than on TV, lol.

The frustrating thing is I think there is a fair amount of individual talent on the team - and I do REALLY like the freshmen class.

But there is something missing connection wise and teamwork wise, especially among the starters. And Patrick has seemingly regressed terribly. He just sort of floats around out there and is a non-factor on offense and defense - very, very disappointing.

Josh Dix and Payton Sandfort had horrible games yesterday - and Iowa is not going to beat anyone in the Big 10 if those two aren't making three pointers and putting up decent point totals.
Not just yesterday...

Isn't Tenn. missing around 15 players for this game?

I think they have 3 who opted out & declared for the NFL (including their starting QB); I assume all three are key starters
They also have 10 or so guys who went into the portal; I have no idea whether they were starters, backups, or guys who were buried on the depth chart.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
every-company-disney-owns.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: TC Nole OX
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT