ADVERTISEMENT

It's the University's Decision

Nope, but I do have some great inside information
I believe you, but this time the information didn't seem that great.

Of course, this is a volatile situation. He my have had an immediate reaction, and now has calmed down a bit.

No OC worth their salt would take the Iowa job unless they were given autonomy with the offense used and final say with offensive recruiting.

The president signed off on this. Kirk no longer has the backing or support from the top two people he needs in his corner.

No OC worth their salt would take the Iowa job unless they were given autonomy with the offense used and final say with offensive recruiting.
That would have to mean Kirk is gone because he even had a seasoned and proven OC like Greg Davis run his BS. Sure Davis threw in horizontal passes some buy the offense didn’t change overall and Davis didn’t have the quality of players he did at Texas where he stuff worked.

Coach's statement last night about retuning surprised me a bit. Depending on the next five games, things may change. That said, I'm glad he is returning. I hope he gets a home run hire like he had with Norm Parker on defense. In Kirk, I trust. Good odds we'll go bowling a few more times.

I'd says its likely(60/40) that Kirk sails into the sunset after the bowl game. With that said the B1G schedule is going to be more difficult next season and Hawkeyes are going to need to improve their offense to compete. The days of the B1G West are gone. Change is coming.
The increased difficulty in the new BIG schedule could be enough on its own for Kirk to retire and now you add in the Brain/AD situations.

Reactions: RIGHTWINGHAWK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT