ADVERTISEMENT

Jestin Jacobs

And another attack by a lib, keep em coming boys
You do realize that we were having a good conversation before you opened your mouth. I guess you think that is a insult to call someone a liberal, because they don't agree with you. Well my party preference is truly none of your business. See I served my Marine Corps many years ago to protect our rights. I will bet you never have. Why don't you try and read the constitution and the oath. Maybe , just maybe you might learn something

You do realize that we were having a good conversation before you opened your mouth. I guess you think that is a insult to call someone a liberal, because they don't agree with you. Well my party preference is truly none of your business. See I served my Marine Corps many years ago to protect our rights. I will bet you never have. Why don't you try and read the constitution and the oath. Maybe , just maybe you might learn something

Actually I never asked what party you belong to. I'm leaning to thinking your a lefty or you wouldn't have piped up

Thanks for serving by the way

It's the part where the wokies have to create grievances, keep those players angry that they aren't getting theirs. It's also the mercantilist robber baron mentality of the unregulated capitalism of the 19th Century.

Nor is it capitalism as practiced in the United States between TR and RR. Markets are not a virtue in their own but only as a means to the greatest good for the greatest number. That requires some market regulation. Monopolies, etc... because unbridled capitalism inevitably leads to wealth for few and destitution for many.

The apparel and media companies that really run the NCAA have again found themselves in an environment where there are no checks on their behavior. They won't surrender this fabulous new way to market college sports and actually manipulate the outcomes for maximum profit.

If you just look at the Supreme Court's decision, the NIL might not even be subject to Congressional regulation. I'd say there are at least four S Cts (Roberts, Comey, Alito and Kagan) that would allow Congressional regulation, and three that won't (Sotomayor, the new one and Thomas). That is how close this issue is legally.

So, if you don't want to see college athletics destroyed for the many while enriching the very few please take the time to literally email your congressional representative and your senators and tell them you demand Congressional action regulating the NIL function of schools. Some young guns might pick this up, raise the profile of the problem, and it becomes a chance for the phonies to get together and display "bipartisanship." People actually read those things and eventually the office holder notices the volume. Takes about a minute if you keep it short and to the point.

I'm not crazy about this. The future is very predictable in an NIL/Portal world. Iowa is not part of that future, along with 100 other schools. This has to be killed in the cradle.​
Except for the first sentence, I heartily agree with the post. It's the mythical wild west right now. There need to be some rules and sheriffs to enforce them.

Reactions: natchrlman
Effing stupid.

The problem is this is what is going to happen from here on out. What is this doing for society? We already have kids transfering schools all the time in high school and even junior high.

Be careful you may be attacked by a certain group for saying this

And another attack by a lib, keep em coming boys
images

Loyalty is out the window. Guys are going to portal to extort NIL payments. Either you pay me to stay or xyz will pay me to go there. Places that develop kids will suffer. After putting the work in to build a kid up he can just jump ship to a big money school. You would think these boosters would run out of money eventually at the rate this stuff is going on. Look at all the bucks Texas A&M boosters shelled out for a sub par season.
Boosters aren’t pouring the cash many think they are into making Saturdays happier for some. They are choosing other np’s. The bubble will burst

The NCAA has the power to close the portal and closely regulate transfers, like no waivers without a change of HC. Everyone else sits out a year. No transfers within a year of a redshirt, medical or otherwise.

Lose all schollies for tampering but are still required to field a team of walkons. Coached involved in tampering get like ten-year suspensions, or up to ten years anyway.

That would minimize the effect of the NIL packages.

If you are not a racist pig, you’ll understand. If you are, you wont
Sorry You can't try take the moral high ground then use malicious verbal attacks in the same sentence , sorry that is morally bankrupt and hypocritical .

Sorry You can't try take the moral high ground then use malicious verbal attacks in the same sentence , sorry that is morally bankrupt and hypocritical .
So if someone is a racist, what is the politically correct thing to call them? You see like the sensitive sort so you might know.

🤣

The NCAA has the power to close the portal and closely regulate transfers, like no waivers without a change of HC. Everyone else sits out a year. No transfers within a year of a redshirt, medical or otherwise.

Lose all schollies for tampering but are still required to field a team of walkons. Coached involved in tampering get like ten-year suspensions, or up to ten years anyway.

The NCAA clearly has no interest or ability to control college football. I’m not sure why any team follows the rules anymore because there is little-to-no jurisdiction.

Reactions: DewHawk
The NCAA clearly has no interest or ability to control college football. I’m not sure why any team follows the rules anymore because there is little-to-no jurisdiction.

Yup let's just run amuke, why not. Some think that's the way it should be

Lol to those of you that said for years players should be paid.

I don’t understand why schools are now running professional football teams.

• Love
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf

The NCAA has no authority and they haven't since 1982...ish I believe with the challenge of teams monetization and representation. They're a paper tiger and teams/colleges choose to accept their authority or not. Sure, there were repercussions back then with being blacklisted but that power now solely resides within conferences, and generally has since '82, especially now.

The reality is, and has been, that conferences have collectively utilized this misconception to further their own means. The B1G and SEC get to choose how their affiliates act and the rules to which they abide or face expulsion. Such as the allowance and determination of scholarships allowed each school as an example. That's why it's funny that people became upset when the NCAA did nothing about realignment. They simply can't. They're not real in terms of college football as it pertains today. An illusion that the conferences have hid behind to avoid being viewed as the corporations they essentially are. That illusion is getting harder and harder to hide behind now and we obviously see it much easier. The B1G didn't get this big by being ignorant and staying in the spotlight.

In essence, the B1G determines scholarship limits for its members. It determines the rules to which they abide. They are the judge, jury, and executioner so to speak. Not the NCAA.

Reactions: bumpstock
What a mess indeed, it's beyond ridiculous, it's down right stupid beyond belief. It's all part of wokeness, you know, everyone has to be treated like they're special. Can't appear to be prejudice against anyone. Guaranteed it was pushed along by liberals. They fock up everything they get their hands on
Dumb.

What a mess indeed, it's beyond ridiculous, it's down right stupid beyond belief. It's all part of wokeness, you know, everyone has to be treated like they're special. Can't appear to be prejudice against anyone. Guaranteed it was pushed along by liberals. They fock up everything they get their hands on
All I was trying to say before I was attacked 😟 is I hope Jestin comes back
confused jeff bridges GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT