ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Harbaugh is your AP coach of the year

Ole_Ted

Team MVP
Oct 25, 2020
Jim takes a preseason unranked Michigan to the college football playoff. Truly amazing

Reactions: BBHawk
Jim takes a preseason unranked Michigan to the college football playoff. Truly amazing
I give you a thumbs up for effort. Harbaugh has had arguably more talent in Ann Arbor than any other team not named OH State but he has only one championship to show for it. His staff got it done this year so I congratulate him for getting out of the way. 🙂

Reactions: red/green hawk
I don't get it. He's the same deuchebag this year that he's been all along. I guess he was underrated as a deuchebag in the past. It was nice of Urban Meyer to quit at OSU so that Michigan got a chance.

His salary was slashed and he was told to make changes in his staff and program and, boom, Michigan destroys Ohio State, wins the Big Ten title, and heads for a shot at the national title. Accountability: It can be a powerful thing. And lack of it gives you what we have in Iowa City.

Reactions: Dargo
OP all over Harbaugh's sack. Like we give a shit. Line too long to get on your knees to pleasure Harbaugh over on the Bitchigan board or something? You'll be ready to crucify him next year when they crash back down to earth. Or hell Jan. 1st after Georgia waxes that behind.

OP all over Harbaugh's sack. Like we give a shit. Line too long to get on your knees to pleasure Harbaugh over on the Bitchigan board or something? You'll be ready to crucify him next year when they crash back down to earth. Or hell Jan. 1st after Georgia waxes that behind.
That's all speculation

Ok, you can give Harbaugh the "award"...but the biggest AWARD winner was Mel Tucker. He had one year @ 2-5 and landed a 10 year, $95M contract.....that's the biggest award ever given after one season albeit @ 2-5!
I can’t imagine having to give Tucker almost $100 million not to bolt to LSU. Lol

MSU is a stepping stone job

Congratulations to Jim! Hopefully for him, he can follow in Kirk’s footsteps (who is still coaching almost 20 years later) and not Ed Ogeron (who was fired two years after winning the award) or Scott Frost (who bolted for not so greener pastures after winning the award).

I don't get it. He's the same deuchebag this year that he's been all along. I guess he was underrated as a deuchebag in the past. It was nice of Urban Meyer to quit at OSU so that Michigan got a chance.
Really? Day was a spark of energy for the Bucks, and I highly doubt they'd be better now under a VERY disinterested Meyer. The defense was crap when Meyer left as well, so that problems needed fixing for awhile as well. Unless I'm mistaken that was Day's first conference loss as head coach at OSU, so a little silly to be pining for the old days....

Reactions: red/green hawk
Actually, I've read - on several sites - that the OSU 2018 and 2019 classes - have not panned out the way they expected. Have they been total failures? No, of course not but that's why they played so many from their monster 2020 & 2021 classes this past year

After all of the jawing - especially by Desmond at the Heisman last night - I have a feeling Michigan will be running into a buzz saw in Columbus next year. Just a good example of "act like you've been there before" including this post which was started by a UM fan

Actually, I've read - on several sites - that the OSU 2018 and 2019 classes - have not panned out the way they expected. Have they been total failures? No, of course not but that's why they played so many from their monster 2020 & 2021 classes this past year

After all of the jawing - especially by Desmond at the Heisman last night - I have a feeling Michigan will be running into a buzz saw in Columbus next year. Just a good example of "act like you've been there before" including this post which was started by a UM fan
Well said wolve. I mean cudo's to Michigan and coach H for FINALLY getting to the CCG, but seriously some of this back patting just shows that they have not been relevant for way to long, at least not from Michigan standards. NOW if this in the next several years they can beat OSU and MSU at least a couple of times say in the next four, then fine. Otherwise this is just another case of an odd year with a bunch of guys who stuck around longer then normal for a goal.

Not a Jim fan, but to his credit he changed his OC at the end of 2018, and his DC at the end of 2020. The offense took a few years to click, but the coaching personnel and scheme changes have ultimately paid off. It all goes back to off-season changes.

I think you have to be ruthless if you want to win a championship.

What's not to get?? Michigan finally beat tO$U (handily I might add) and destroyed Iowa 42=3 Iowa in the Big Ten Championship game as well, and most importantly he got Michigan to the Final Four Playoffs and still playing for a National Championship, I'd say it was a no brainer . I do agree with you regarding him being a douchebag though. He seems insufferable to be around and his arrogance is currently unbearable at the moment (ditto on the entire arrogant Michigan fanbase) Hopefully Georgia embarrasses them in the playoffs and brings them back down to earth.

Well said wolve. I mean cudo's to Michigan and coach H for FINALLY getting to the CCG, but seriously some of this back patting just shows that they have not been relevant for way to long, at least not from Michigan standards. NOW if this in the next several years they can beat OSU and MSU at least a couple of times say in the next four, then fine. Otherwise this is just another case of an odd year with a bunch of guys who stuck around longer then normal for a goal.
Very odd year when 4 of the 5 normal/every year playoff teams - Clemson, OSU, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame - get shut out of the playoffs. And the one that did - Alabama - was just a play or two away - in 2 or 3 games of getting shut out

Michigan State was by far the most impressive team on the field the day they played and it showed because they won. MSU is a much better program .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT