ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Jordan Questioning Merrick Garland right now.

I cannot wait for gym jordan to rot in the depths of hell next to hitler, bin Laden and trump.

Yes your opinion and party is literally nothing but bullshit. Good thing it’s a dying breed and mentality. Literally and figuratively. Hopefully they don’t do any irreversible damage on their way to their fake Flying Spaghetti Monster in the sky.

Wait, you believe in Hell but not Heaven?

He's not asking you how you form your opinion.

Why, specifically, do you think Garland would have been a dud?
Since I do not know the man personally- NONE of us do - I am of the opinion - formed by watching him testify on more than one issue before various committees - that he’s a rather formulaic, rote, and rigid person.
Again…to all of you attacking me…I’m stating my opinion.
You’re attacking me for my opinion, and you’re trying to make it seem as though I’m not entitled to it. That will not work.
Cue the personal attacks. But Torbs already got the best one of all…he called me a **gasp** housewife! What’s next? PTA Volunteer? 😩

Garland:

Harvard, summa cum laude
Harvard Law School magna cum laude
Harvard Law Review Articles Editor
Clerk for Judge Friendly
Clerk for Justice Brennan
Arnold & Porter
US Attorney
Assistant Attorney General
Led Oklahoma bombing, Kosinski, and Olympic bomber prosecution teams
US Court of Appeals - DC Circuit Court
Chief Judge
Attorney General of the United States
Goldmom:

Clips on the Internet

To summarize: goldmom has an opinion on Garland that is not based on anything substantial or reasonable. It may just be a gut feeling, but more than likely it's just simply partisan politics.

However, unlike some, she realizes that neither a unsupported gut call or simple partisan politics are not generally considered to be persuasive, so she evades.

Last edited:
Since I do not know the man personally- NONE of us do - I am of the opinion - formed by watching him testify on more than one issue before various committees - that he’s a rather formulaic, rote, and rigid person.
You’re attacking me for my opinion, and you’re trying to make it seem as though I’m not entitled to it. That will not work.
Cue the personal attacks. But Torbs already got the best one of all…he called me a **gasp** housewife! What’s next? PTA Volunteer? 😩
Formulaic, rote and rigid

Sounds like exactly the type of person that would follow the letter of the law rather than deviate due to - getting money bribes (Thomas), or being purely ideological and by which party elected them. Give me a full court of supreme court justices like him and we would have a pretty solid Supreme Court.

To summarize: goldmom has an opinion on Garland that is not based on anything substantial or reasonable. It may just be a gut feeling, but more than likely it's just simply partisan politics.

However, unlike some, she realizes that neither a unsupported gut call or simple partisan politics are generally considered to be persuasive, so she evades.

He might have been a weak justice, I think he was picked to try to get an easy confirmation because republicans had previously supported him.

What Jordan did today was like watching those television talking heads just yelling loudly. Jordan showed a lack of professionalism and was clearly not looking for answers. He just wanted to talk loudly and pretend to be a tough guy.
He's the type of person that should never be in charge of anything outside of night manager at Burger King where all of the staff hate him.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion and I give you credit for standing up to the pitchforks but I think your opinion would make more sense if you said "I believe Garland is a dud as Attorney General." To export his demeanor in a contentious Congressional hearing to the bench of the Supreme Court is kind of..... dizzy? I don't think you've ever seen clips of him on the internet presiding over his courtroom in DC or understand the kind of reputation he carried that lead to his nomination and otherwise* certain confirmation to the Supreme Court.

*Thanks Mitch, you BSOD.

Wouldn't that be a somewhat good thing for the Supreme Court?

I don't exactly want people in there with a disgregard for the law and a fly by night approach. FTR, I have no opinion on Garland when it comes to the Supreme Court.
From my seat in the room it would seem that those aren’t necessarily damning characteristics as long as one exhibited what I think is important in such matters and should be embraced by those who seem most wise - just two words: Remain curious.

You are definitely entitled to your opinion and I give you credit for standing up to the pitchforks but I think your opinion would make more sense if you said "I believe Garland is a dud as Attorney General." To export his demeanor in a contentious Congressional hearing to the bench of the Supreme Court is kind of..... dizzy? I don't think you've ever seen clips of him on the internet presiding over his courtroom in DC or understand the kind of reputation he carried that lead to his nomination and otherwise* certain confirmation to the Supreme Court.

*Thanks Mitch, you BSOD.
And Grassley POS

Reactions: GES4
Formulaic, rote and rigid

Sounds like exactly the type of person that would follow the letter of the law rather than deviate due to - getting money bribes (Thomas), or being purely ideological and by which party elected them. Give me a full court of supreme court justices like him and we would have a pretty solid Supreme Court.
Money bribes?

Wouldn't PTA Volunteer be a compliment at your age?

From my seat in the room it would seem that those aren’t necessarily damning characteristics as long as one exhibited what I think is important in such matters and should be embraced by those who seem most wise - just two words: Remain curious.
So Thomas is curious about money and lets his judgments be discovered by outside individuals. Hey its all good, he was curious in money and power . . . nothing to see here. Who cares about the constitution or precedence, we were all curious.

Reactions: Tom Paris
Goldmom:

Clips on the Internet
Clips on the internet as in watching testimony, reading articles from WSJ, WaPo, NYT, or even watching on TV from the gym while doing my 45 minutes on the treadmill.
I’m curious - how do any of YOU get YOUR information so that you’re qualified to expertly opine while trashing me?
Dare I say…partisan political sources? Hmmm.

Reactions: Speedway1
Clips on the internet as in watching testimony, reading articles from WSJ, WaPo, NYT, or even watching on TV from the gym while doing my 45 minutes on the treadmill.
I’m curious - how do any of YOU get YOUR information so that you’re qualified to expertly opine while trashing me?
Dare I say…partisan political sources? Hmmm.
For one, I've been a lawyer for just short of 30 years. :)

I’m supposed to gloss over those words which reveal YOUR opinion?
You should be impressed. 😉
so if I had said gift bribes, would I get an intelligent response back? This isn't a partisan issue. You should be appalled with this. I am moderate leaning slightly left. I am willing to call out the BS on both sides. The issue is the majority anymore is coming from the right. However we should have a strong police force. I am fine with enforcing the border. The death traps by Texas doesn't seem appropriate. I think we should have improved legislation increasing individuals coming into the country. We already have a lack of individuals willing to do a lot of jobs in the US. I am not fond of handouts or entitlements. I also think trying to overthrow the government is abhorrent because you lost and I also think its abhorrent the right media has peddled these lies. What else do you want me to comment on.

so if I had said gift bribes, would I get an intelligent response back? This isn't a partisan issue. You should be appalled with this. I am moderate leaning slightly left. I am willing to call out the BS on both sides. The issue is the majority anymore is coming from the right. However we should have a strong police force. I am fine with enforcing the border. The death traps by Texas doesn't seem appropriate. I think we should have improved legislation increasing individuals coming into the country. We already have a lack of individuals willing to do a lot of jobs in the US. I am not fond of handouts or entitlements. I also think trying to overthrow the government is abhorrent because you lost and I also think it’s abhorrent the right media has peddled these lies. What else do you want me to comment on.
We’re not really that far apart. I’m just slightly center right.

Sure. I’ll just copy and paste your post. Why are you bringing her up? If you’re trying to reference not so bright females on the Court then Sonia Sotomayor is currently available.
Female? Didn't even know she was. I'm just referencing duds on the court, you know the thing that you brought up.

I do not agree with that and I’m not sure what gave you that impression.
I watched his confirmation hearings a little over thirty years ago and can still recall how he had to fight back against the treatment he received from Teddy Kennedy and one Joe Biden.
You're misremembering Joe Biden -- badly. He abused Anita Hill not Clarence.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I watched his confirmation hearings a little over thirty years ago and can still recall how he had to fight back against the treatment he received from Teddy Kennedy and one Joe Biden.
Goldmom ❤️ Long Dong Silver

I am sorry you said you agreed with most of what I said . . . where could have I gone wrong. You think it is ethical then to accept gifts from someone that you have given beneficial judgements to in the past. That is totally normal right. I could care less about hearings 30 years ago. This is current actions. You think that is appropriate. Or is it ok because he got creative with it? Because that is what you think a supreme court Justice should be. As an aside I see you no where near the moderate line at all. I have not seen a single moderate position by you once on here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT