ADVERTISEMENT

Johnston schools re-examines rules after Trump float attends homecoming parade

Yes I don't want this in school at all. This is disgusting. This is the grooming. Radicalized kids from brainwashed parents supporting a domestic terrorist.
I'm legit shocked that you agreed biden is a domestic terrorist. We agree for once!

Does anyone think for a second that school staff wouldn't be OK with a float theme championing a leftwing cause?

From the article:
While school board elections in Iowa are non-partisan, they've become highly political since 2020, as candidates are more overt about their ideologies being reflected in schools.

That's lowered staff morale, including at Johnston schools.

The real grooming needs to be called out from the ones projecting it on us. Nothing needs to be corrected
I asked a simple question twice. You were unwilling or incapable of responding to the question with a simple yes. You had to caveat the 'yes' with a refocus on your political opposition.

I was there. Sitting on the curb with my 2 year old granddaughter. When that Trump float went by, I looked directly at the driver and said, “He’s despicable. He’s despicable”. Driver heard but just stared back blankly.

I did hear someone behind me say, “C’mon.” I took as directed toward me and to mean keep politics out of this. But not sure.

There were many politician floats.

Reactions: ironside1
I was there. Sitting on the curb with my 2 year old granddaughter. When that Trump float went by, I looked directly at the driver and said, “He’s despicable. He’s despicable”. Driver heard but just stared back blankly.

I did hear someone behind me say, “C’mon.” I took as directed toward me and to mean keep politics out of this. But not sure.

$33 trillion

Does anyone think for a second that school staff wouldn't be OK with a float theme championing a leftwing cause?

From the article:
While school board elections in Iowa are non-partisan, they've become highly political since 2020, as candidates are more overt about their ideologies being reflected in schools.

You poor victim.

Reactions: Dr. Spaceman

I don’t mind local politicians riding in cars but a Trump or Biden float is just silly.

Granted, after all the Trump parades around the country this seems more on point from his supporters.

From the article:

Yep, MAGA cult members have taken over school boards all over. I just had a candidate knock on my door, it became very apparent that their school board positions were very politically driven by their far right views so I told them as much and ended the conversation. I refuse to support this and then act like it’s not political.

Yep, MAGA cult members have taken over school boards all over. I just had a candidate knock on my door, it became very apparent that their school board positions were very politically driven by their far right views so I told them as much and ended the conversation. I refuse to support this and then act like it’s not political.

It's always been political. The left was entrenched and now they're being challenged.

From the article:

Christ you are stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
1) parades are dumb

2a) this is a homecoming parade so i assume it is organized and supported by the school. If so, floats should be about school/town pride. It should not be used as a prop for campaign purposes.

2b) school and college sporting events should be a place where everybody can take a break from the campaigning

3) camapign season is way too long, especially in iowa. You are a moron if you are influced by the vultures descending upon this state every four years 8 months to a year ahead of the caucus, bombarding us with commercials, rallys, mailings, appearances at sporting events and parade floats

From the article:

The problem we run into is people like you who see different acceptance of what you perceive as left-wing versus right wing ideas. And you are frustrated that the left-wing ideas seem to be OK and the right wing ideas are not.

But in practice, what is really happening is the acceptance of ideas that are inclusive and accepting. And the rejection of ideas that are exclusive, bigoted, and discriminatory.

Where we break down and have conflict is when all of the inclusive ideas are viewed as left-wing and all of the bigoted ones are viewed as right wing. They’re not rejecting your views because they are right wing… They’re rejecting them because they’re bigoted and hate driven. This is what happens when one political party becomes pure trash.

I asked a simple question twice. You were unwilling or incapable of responding to the question with a simple yes. You had to caveat the 'yes' with a refocus on your political opposition.
Are you incapable of reading? “Yes” is the first word in his initial response. You seem to have a Chis boner for no reason.

Reactions: millah_22
You poor victim.
Northern would have us believe he’s doing great, but come one. He’s on here everyday complaining and finding a way to be a victim in the most ridiculous ways possible. This time it’s over a high school homecoming float.

Northern would have us believe he’s doing great, but come one. He’s on here everyday complaining and finding a way to be a victim in the most ridiculous ways possible. This time it’s over a high school homecoming float.

I'm a victim over a float? It's your side that's airing the grievance.

They shouldn't change any rules, they should just make it clear that if any local sh!theal politicians want to participate they need to be forthright with what they plan to do, or be prepared to be rejected on parade day. It's ridiculous, but not surprising, that adults sprung this "suprise" on a high school community.

Reactions: millah_22
They shouldn't change any rules, they should just make it clear that if any local sh!theal politicians want to participate they need to be forthright with what they plan to do, or be prepared to be rejected on parade day. It's ridiculous, but not surprising, that adults sprung this "suprise" on a high school community.

I’ll give a bonus point to one of the school board candidate dipshits that he seems a little embarrassed that they snuck a (totally ridiculous and completely inappropriate for the context) Trump float in. Let’s be real though…you know he’s a loser Trumper.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
I don’t mind local politicians riding in cars but a Trump or Biden float is just silly.

Granted, after all the Trump parades around the country this seems more on point from his supporters.
If I understand correctly, the student council only allowed people running for school board to have floats in the school parade. Some just tacked on a whole bunch of Trump shit without telling anyone first.

Link to Biden or Hillary floats?
636058268698186167-Hillary-Clinton-float.jpg

• Love
Reactions: abby97
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT