ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala’s lead keeps dwindling. JFC this is pitiful.

There was a bipartisan deal on the border that Trump torpedoed.

Biden keeps urging restraint but keeps sending Israel weapons. What would Trump do differently? Urge less restraint?

What is this imaginary love affair with Iran that you speak of? How could anyone believe that?
I get so sick of the left talking about the terrible “bipartisan” border bill that wasn’t passed. It would still have allowed way too many illegal immigrants in b4 it would kick in. It really was a bill to allow even more immigrants to be processed into this country. Simply not what Americans want or need. Regarding Iran…they were essentially bankrupt when Trump was president; however, under Biden/Harris…Iran has become wealthy due, in part, to hostage negotiations.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
I get so sick of the left talking about the terrible “bipartisan” border bill that wasn’t passed. It would still have allowed way too many illegal immigrants in b4 it would kick in. It really was a bill to allow even more immigrants to be processed into this country. Simply not what Americans want or need. Regarding Iran…they were essentially bankrupt when Trump was president; however, under Biden/Harris…Iran has become wealthy due, in part, to hostage negotiations.
How many should be allowed in? How many more immigrants would be processed into this country?

just quoting the link you provided

i guess you know the system better than USCIS
Umm…like I said. Keep reading. See below.

Also, when they talk about filing inside the U.S the sponsor (relative/employer) is the one initiating it in the U.S

To learn more about USCIS and to access forms and instructions, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/

Filing Petitions from Inside the United States

U.S. citizens and lawful permanent resident sponsors residing in the United States must file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, with the USCIS Chicago Lockbox facility, following instructions on the USCIS website. U.S. employers must file Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker, as instructed on the USCIS website.

Filing Petitions from Outside the United States

While most immigrant visa petitions are filed in the United States, filing certain types of petitions outside the United States is possible. Learn about filing petitions outside of the United States.

Umm…like I said. Keep reading. See below.

Also, when they talk about filing inside the U.S the sponsor (relative/employer) is the one initiating it in the U.S

To learn more about USCIS and to access forms and instructions, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/

Filing Petitions from Inside the United States

U.S. citizens and lawful permanent resident sponsors residing in the United States must file Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, with the USCIS Chicago Lockbox facility, following instructions on the USCIS website. U.S. employers must file Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker, as instructed on the USCIS website.

Filing Petitions from Outside the United States

While most immigrant visa petitions are filed in the United States, filing certain types of petitions outside the United States is possible. Learn about filing petitions outside of the United States.
So not asylum as was being discussed?

The website you linked disagrees. Says you must be present in the US and not a citizen. You prove my point.just shows how much reform is needed and that you don’t have as good of a handle on the immigration process as you thought you did.
I think you’re mixing up sponsors with the actual immigrant when it comes to regular immigration.

Asylum is the one where you apply at a port of entry in the U.S.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
How many should be allowed in? How many more immigrants would be processed into this country?
Before I, or anyone, could intelligently answer that question, there needs to be a moratorium to stop all such immigration until there is an accurate/appropriate accounting of the # of illegal migrants let into this country over the last 3.5 years. I’ve seen estimates ranging from 8 million to 21 million. I believe an amount of legal migration needs to occur to work in certain segments of our economy; however, that # is certainly not in the millions.

I believe that quoted statement was referring to asylum seekers. Your wife didn’t claim she was seeking asylum when she applied, did she?
I provided 2 links. Regular immigration and asylum. Asylum seekers apply at a port of entry in the U.S.

Regular immigrants have a sponsor apply for them in the U.S or in my instance, overseas.

Before I, or anyone, could intelligently answer that question, there needs to be a moratorium to stop all such immigration until there is an accurate/appropriate accounting of the # of illegal migrants let into this country over the last 3.5 years. I’ve seen estimates ranging from 8 million to 21 million. I believe an amount of legal migration needs to occur to work in certain segments of our economy; however, that # is certainly not in the millions.
How do you propose those be counted?

You said the bill would let in too many. How many is too many? You also said the bill was to allow more to be processed. How many more immigrants would be processed into this country?

You're dodging the questions because you're full of shit.

However, the illegal migration #’s are much higher over the last 3.5 years.
What does Trump's presidency have to do with my statement?

Illegal immigration has been a problem for DECADES. Not "just since Biden took office".
Google your own numbers up if you do not understand that.

Reactions: hexumhawk
GYgp_uRWAAAO_o5

Eventually. But it might take years or even decades. We've been telling the world how wonderful we are, how democratic, how abundant our riches, etc., etc., for decades and decades. You can't flip a switch on that.
I agree but for those most worried about illegal immigration, this is the path to get rid of it. In reality, a good number of the tropes don't want ANY immigration.

What the economy and country needs is reform of border security and immigration. You need immigration to continue just for economic purposes. On % basis, immigration is actually down during Biden term comparted to 1990's early 2000's. Even still was a drastic jump from Trumps policies. However, Trumps policies are actually part of the issue including too much stimulus and supply issues that caused inflation in the US - although this was also a worldwide phenomenon.

As to what is needed, my personal opinion is allowable quotas of allowed immigration, Business willing to fund the immigration process and provide housing and ensure there is regular updates with the courts to continue the process for citizenship. Quotas can increase or decrease based on the economic needs also based on needs in specific fields and or basic labor.

These individuals are just like the rest of the population. Some will commit crimes. You cannot demonize everyone over 1 to 2 outliers (this is based on % basis of population). Most immigrants are wonderful people if you were willing to get to know them.

Trump had aweful policies for immigrants while in office. Now we swung completely in the wrong direction, although there have been drastic improvements in the last year, and more improvements could have occurred and Trump and Republicans allowed the passage of the bill this spring but Trump wanted to run on immigration so shot down the bill.
For the last time that “immigration” bill was a joke…it still allowed too many immigrants in b4 the bill’s provisions kicked in. During the Trump administration 2.5 million immigrants entered the country…that # is much greater during the Biden/Harris administration.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
For the last time that “immigration” bill was a joke…it still allowed too many immigrants in b4 the bill’s provisions kicked in. During the Trump administration 2.5 million immigrants entered the country…that # is much greater during the Biden/Harris administration.
At least, yeah, that's what the talking points would suggest.

For the last time that “immigration” bill was a joke
No; it was not

It had been initiated and promoted by longtime Republicans who included LOTS of provisions in it that Republicans have wanted for years.

Trump just told you it was a joke, so now you're parroting that nonsense like a good little MAGA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT