ADVERTISEMENT

Keegan is Special. Check out Kenyon Murray's Posts in this Thread, where he Evaluates His Sons' Basketball Skills

He is pretty good at hustling and taking advantage of his minutes. The toolkit is there to be a complete player at some point. We will see what happens when he is the guy.

EqdNwIVW4AAb0ku

EqdNwJyXEAYiXvK

Reactions: N8dogg99
He is Kenyon with a sweet shot and 3 inches taller. Great nose for the ball, gets the loose rebounds, dives on the floor to steal possessions.

Ke Murray and P McC have very complimentary games, like Joey T and CJ. I'm dying to see what becomes of the defense with those four starting. Sure to be much better.

When Iowa "goes big" Ke Murray should be playing the minutes with Luka, not Jack. Immediate upgrade defensively and floor IQ. Clearly superior offensive skills, except the low post play where, hard to admit, Jack also plays somewhat well, although he does play weak.

The Murrays have beautiful shots. That "big" that Ke Murray has to guard also gets to chase Ke around the perimeter. I'm betting Keegan is not the first to tire.

Last edited:
I think he is great coming off the bench to give starters a blow without a talent level drop off.
He's a freshman and will get his shot probably starting next year.
He is very smooth with the ball and exciting to watch.

I agreethat we need scorers off the bench for that period we go subs under 12 to under 8 minutes each half. If Patrick can continue getting better on offense those 2 are a heck of a combo as long athletic hustle guys.

Also, right now he's an unknown. That's why he's getting the wide open dunks. However, yeah, he good.

is it just me or has Jack not been the same since his dad's death?

I feel really bad for Jack; 2020 has sucked but it really has sucked for him
I mean if we’re being honest, his whole career has been just so inconsistent. Going from starter to redshirt to medical redshirt to 6th man to what looks like 9th man.

His confidence definitely seems low right now. Hope he turns it around because I’ve always had such high hopes for him.

I mean if we’re being honest, his whole career has been just so inconsistent. Going from starter to redshirt to medical redshirt to 6th man to what looks like 9th man.

His confidence definitely seems low right now. Hope he turns it around because I’ve always had such high hopes for him.
didn't some people think, coming in, that he was gonna be better than Garza?

the reason I ask: I thought there was that type of talk even though Garza was a Rivals 4 star and Nunge a 3 star

didn't some people think, coming in, that he was gonna be better than Garza?

the reason I ask: I thought there was that type of talk even though Garza was a Rivals 4 star and Nunge a 3 star
I’ll admit I was one. I thought Nunge could turn into another Uthoff. I thought Garza was going to be too slow to hang with more athletic big men.

I’ll admit I was one. I thought Nunge could turn into another Uthoff. I thought Garza was going to be too slow to hang with more athletic big men.

Nunge lit it up from 3pt line in PTL...I think he average 30ppg. I was hyped. Garza showed a lot of post moves as Freshman and Sophomore but I never saw it coming the leap he made as a Junior.

Nunge has had bad luck of course, but if he's not making 3's in games, he can't be a stretch 4 and he also is on slow side for stretch 4. He lacks post moves, so his life as a 5 is not assured either. All that said, he still can pull it together and play a lot better than he has shown..

Reactions: Wadukester
Best defender on the team. Does all the little things. Needs to be on the floor. Every team needs one.

It looked like Keegan was late a couple of times rotating over on the help d which led to two easy buckets. Maybe a turn over too. That’s even looking for negative things. He’s playing well beyond a freshman level.

Last edited:
What I find so impressive about him is the confidence he brings to the game, he is one of the savvy players we’ve had an he’s only a freshman.

If his brother develops into a similar type player they are going to be a hell of a duo.

He might be the only NBA player on the team... or Fredrick

Reactions: Bravehawk56
*Kris, but he will get his time to shine soon enough.

I have a hunch that while Keegan might not necessarily be a regular starter this season, I think his time on the court will increase as the season goes along. He has that "something" that nobody else on the court (except for LG) can match.

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
Yes, he should be playing more. I said before last night that Keegan should be the first big off the bench, well ahead of Nunge. Keegan was on the block a bit last night and is much quicker than most anyone who will be guarding him down there. The kid is just too good to be buried on the bench. Last night should have demonstrated that to those who haven't figured it out yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT