ADVERTISEMENT

Kemdawg

Yeah, I was amazed by his scrambling in his match with Labiola. What a pleasure to watch. He is great representative for the Hawks.
I've been amazed at everything he has done since coming back against MN. That shoulder is a wreck and makes him a very limited wrestler. To place 4th at that meat grinder of a weight class is so impressive.

And it shows just how incredible Cory Clark's championship run was.

Gonna miss Kem, he's an all-timer and really helped change the course of Iowa wrestling!

My thoughts before the season started were that a healthy Spencer, Kemerer and Eierman(in that order) were our best chances to top the podium this weekend.

It became painfully obvious that Kemerer would need a miracle about a month ago when it was decided that he couldn't even attempt to put a ride on the top tier competition because of his shoulder. I feel horrible for him.

Never heard a bad word about Kem, even from rival fans and opponents. That says all you need to know about the kid. It’s very rare to be able to say that about someone on or off the mat. Tremendous career and he will undoubtedly have a very successful career. He’s a special kinda person.

My thoughts before the season started were that a healthy Spencer, Kemerer and Eierman(in that order) were our best chances to top the podium this weekend.

It became painfully obvious that Kemerer would need a miracle about a month ago when it was decided that he couldn't even attempt to put a ride on the top tier competition because of his shoulder. I feel horrible for him.
I’ve had the same shoulder injury and what kem dog has done with it is incredible. We all saw what he tried to do extending it at big tens and he couldn’t do it. What a damn stud wrestling at a high level. He’s had to change his style because of it and I have nothing but respect for what he has done for the program.

He is a guy that could credibly teach all three positions. I think he might wrestle and finish the quad and move on to take over the world. He would be a great coach though.
Other than Spencer, Kem is the best scrambler in a long time for Iowa. He could help a lot with some things we need to get better at as a team. That is for sure, but has Kem ever said he wants to coach? I think he would be a good one. Injuries robbed him of a lot over his career, that much is for sure.

Other than Spencer, Kem is the best scrambler in a long time for Iowa. He could help a lot with some things we need to get better at as a team. That is for sure, but has Kem ever said he wants to coach? I think he would be a good one. Injuries robbed him of a lot over his career, that much is for sure.
pretty sure hes going to be a doctor;)

I started to really watch/follow Iowa wrestling Kem’s freshman year when he was 157. I picked him as my guy to follow. The ride is finally over but what a ride it was. So much respect for him. I was in Carver for that Hall match and I’ll never forget it.
Thank you Kemdawg/Grandpa Mike!

There isn't another Iowa guy I rooted more for. The kid has had a phenomenal decade of success that only ended in one title. His grit is special.

Reactions: Idahopennstatefan
Saw where Hidlay said he is hanging up the shoes. I think he has also dealt with a lot of injuries. I really like the Hidlays.
Chief, I always respect your opinion and enjoy your takes but Trent consistently moves to the edge and wrestles OOB. Hayden was fun to watch but IMO - Trent, not so much.

Reactions: MVPFAN
One of the greatest scramblers in all of Iowa's history. My favorite scramble of all was when Hall through him to his back, but it was Kem who ended up with the two! And, wow, did he develop heavy hips. I was hoping for a Cory Clark moment this year, but, alas, he was denied.

Reactions: 24 so far
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT