ADVERTISEMENT

Kind of like Baer, Murray should be a sub

texas twister

HR Heisman
Jan 14, 2005
I like what he brings to the table; however, it just might be hurting his shooting. He only seems to make dunks as a starter these 2 games.

Reactions: wbrhawkeye
Starting or off the bench he has missed his last 9 3 point attempts and 1 for 11 since January 1. January 1 most on here were screaming for Nunge to stop shooting the 3. Since January 1 Nunge is the leading 3 point shooter on the team at 50%. Just sayin......Like you said lately it seems Keegan either score on a dunk or FT. But I don’t think it’s a matter of starting or off the bench. Not much seems to faze the kid.

He's only a freshmen so lets give him a break and he's only starting because of an injury to CJ. He contributes a complete game(offense, defense, rebounding) which is something we can't necessarily say about a few other players on this team.....and that includes other starters.

I like what he brings to the table; however, it just might be hurting his shooting. He only seems to make dunks as a starter these 2 games.
Or you should maybe stick to wrestling. Murray brings so much more to the table. Why focus on his 3 point misses instead of the multiple offensive rebounds etc? The problem is Connor getting minutes. We especially can't have Connor and Murray in at the same time because defense is sagging off both of them. Get Connor out of the lineup and KM will start look great rather than good once again.

Keegan has been shooting 3's poorly all year and he's only started 2 games so..... I have to assume he has the green light because he hits them in practice. His defense and rebounding are however consistently stronger than any of the starting 5 so he's contributing whether he's scoring or not. He still has the highest FG% in conference play FWIW.

Reactions: innercircle287
I did not limit his shooting lull to 3 pointers. He has had problems with his 2 pointers too the 2 games he has started. It could be just a coincidence. Some people preform better coming off the bench. I thought I heard that Kenyon did his freshman year and preferred coming off the bench.

Well, he is a reserve that's now been pushed into the starting lineup while CJ is out. I'd imagine once CJ is healthy Murray will go back to a 6th man role.

Keegan has been shooting 3's poorly all year and he's only started 2 games so..... I have to assume he has the green light because he hits them in practice. His defense and rebounding are however consistently stronger than any of the starting 5 so he's contributing whether he's scoring or not. He still has the highest FG% in conference play FWIW.

He actually started the season 8 for 18 before missing his last nine. He’s got a great stroke so I’m sure they will start dropping again. He’s pretty much the opposite of Nunge in his 3 point shooting, Jack started slow and now seems to have found his shot. Keegan started great before hitting a rough stretch. Just like Jack, if he has the open 3 I want him to let it fly.

I have zero issues with Keegan shooting 3s and the missed bunnies are just a fluke.

He should keep shooting when open, he's a good shooter, they will drop.

I don't care who starts between him and Toussaint but both should be playing more minutes than Connor, as should Perkins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT