ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk will never .......

GunnerHawk

HR All-American
Mar 16, 2014
satisfy some on this board. They will always find something to bitch about. Kirk will pick the OC he feels good about and let that hire bring in his WR coach. I feel confident in saying, Kirk doesn't care what gets posted here. Probably has never looked at a post. Beth called Kirk a Hall of Fame coach at her introduction, I doubt she cares about this board's posts either. Just saying.

Kirk doesn't care what gets posted here. Probably has never looked at a post.
i-dont-believe-you.gif

What a moronic statement… winningest coach in the programs history and 3rd all time in the BIG. 2 of 3 last years in BIG Champ game. You really can’t sound more dumb!
coach long enough, you'll win a few games.

KF is trolling the all-time B1G wins.

All the others have won big. Iowa allows KF to hang around long enough to troll the leaders. Woody's next.

For such a meaningless board, you sure spend your time disciplining it lately.
No where did I discipline anyone. I didn't say, stop doing what you do. I looked back at all the redundant threads and negative comments against the good Captain. I guess that makes some on this board feel better.

No, I don't set my expectations low. I am realistic though. My wife and I will be in Kinnick next fall and already plan to travel to Columbus and East Lansing. With a new OC and most of the returning players on defense, this team could be very good.

FWIW, I expect we will hear something next week about the new OC. If it takes a little longer, what's the rush?

Reactions: Hendy hawk
They were and are getting paid a lot
Obviously you didn't see Phil Parker's interview after winning asst. coach of the year award. He had nothing but praise for Kirk as a coach, boss, and as a human being. He has been offered opportunities as a head coach and DC at other schools for more money, but he and his wife love Iowa City and he loves working with Kirk.

All this post leads me to conclude is Iowa, as a team and as a state, has decided it can’t compete and is fine with mediocrity because it’s scared of change and fears it will lose everything if it tries to improve. Share any criticism and then the scared crowd says you’re part of the ‘other” or “not a real Iowan” or a “true” fan. Face it, our offense sucks and our coach is a nice-enough but mediocre leader who does just well enough over poor competition - but damn we pay him and his family well. Our state is a bunch of dying small towns/schools/hospitals with upwards of 40% of our college educated kids leaving because we lack investment, innovation, and good jobs. But too many are just fine because it could get worse, without ever realizing we have what it takes to be so much better as a state and a football program. I love Iowa (the team and the state) so much but I’m so tired of being mediocre because of people being so scared all the dang time.
Sorry for the rant - please proceed with criticizing wife or whatever crap is your routine because I shared a different opinion from yours.

satisfy some on this board. They will always find something to bitch about. Kirk will pick the OC he feels good about and let that hire bring in his WR coach. I feel confident in saying, Kirk doesn't care what gets posted here. Probably has never looked at a post. Beth called Kirk a Hall of Fame coach at her introduction, I doubt she cares about this board's posts either. Just saying.
Ignorant post. Let's see if I can play this game too, looks easy.

Kirk will also never do anything wrong according to some on this board. These fans will always find any opposition to their beloved coach as a direct assault to them personally it appears. I have news for you, Kirk doesn't care about you nor does he even notice your support. You are but a number, just the like rest of us.

Being blindly loyal to someone you don't even know is crazy and I mean that honestly. Being blindly loyal to someone who has no checks or balances makes no sense to me. The good news is that this has never led to anything bad/problematic in history before, right? I'm sure it certainly didn't lead to us not having any offense for the last half a decade or being forced with an unqualified nepotism hire. I can't fathom why some people aren't more upset. You should be pissed, someone is ruining something you love, seemingly purposefully in many ways. And not only does he still have your support, you defend him! That's insane, literally. People are so obtuse sometimes.

See, here's the real issue, just break it down for ya. Blind loyalty, is what actually got us into this current state of affairs. Truthfully, you're part of the actual problem and you're still doing it despite all the damning evidence!!! See, that's what's actually crazy.

Kirk will also never do anything wrong according to some on this board. These fans will always find any opposition to their beloved coach as a direct assault to them personally it appears. I have news for you, Kirk doesn't care about you nor does he even notice your support. You are but a number, just the like rest of us.

Being blindly loyal to someone you don't even know is crazy and I mean that honestly. Being blindly loyal to someone who has no checks or balances makes no sense to me. The good news is that this has never led to anything bad/problematic in history before, right? I'm sure it certainly didn't lead to us not having any offense for the last half a decade or being forced with an unqualified nepotism hire. I can't fathom why some people aren't more upset. You should be pissed, someone is ruining something you love, seemingly purposefully in many ways. And not only does he still have your support, you defend him! That's insane, literally. People are so obtuse sometimes.

See, here's the real issue, just break it down for ya. Blind loyalty, is what actually got us into this current state of affairs. Truthfully, you're part of the actual problem and you're still doing it despite all the damning evidence!!! See, that's what's actually crazy.
FWIW,

I have met Kirk numerous times, he is very engaging and generous of his time. I also know several asst. coaches some retired and one still coaching but not at Iowa. I have walked the halls of the practice facility, which is very impressive by the way.

Yes, I like coach Ferentz because he is hard working, humble, generous and a great developer of young men. He has done more for Iowa and the university than probably anyone on this board. He has earned my respect.

Reactions: LukaDuka
FWIW,

I have met Kirk numerous times, he is very engaging and generous of his time. I also know several asst. coaches some retired and one still coaching but not at Iowa. I have walked the halls of the practice facility, which is very impressive by the way.

Yes, I like coach Ferentz because he is hard working, humble, generous and a great developer of young men. He has done more for Iowa and the university than probably anyone on this board. He has earned my respect.
I'm not saying he isn't personable or that he hasn't provided value to our program over the last 25 years. He has most definitely done so. I'm aware he is very well liked by his players and staff. Unfortunately, that has nothing to do with his current situation here and the here and now. You simply "liking" or "respecting" him shouldn't be the sole basis for us keeping him.

I'm also aware he has some very, very obvious flaws. Pointing those out doesn't equate to me, or others, as being anti-Ferentz. I'm just aware his time is coming to a close and his personal interests may not align with what's best for the program any longer. Keeping his son was an obvious sign of that occurring. More people should be upset with that.

He's done for Iowa more than any of us have? Sure, obviously, he's the head coach and we're not. We've made him a millionaire. Our school hired him but one would think he's been in charge this whole time and not the other way around. He's not above the scrutiny he deserves in my opinion. I get scrutiny at work too. Why doesn't anyone defend me so ardently all the time? I'm very good at my job, essentially one of the top performers every quarter for the last 10 years.

Kirk doesn't need ardent defenders. He needs ardent detractors that remind him that he works for us, as fans, not the other way around. Enabling is a huge problem, especially in the United States. We should stop doing it...

Last edited:
For bitching about bitchers you sure bitch a lot, just sayin....

Well said and the bold I cannot figure out as well. I have decided that some folks just have a tendency to worship the coach more than the program. Don't get it either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT