ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk will never .......

I'm not saying he isn't personable or that he hasn't provided value to our program over the last 25 years. He has most definitely done so. I'm aware he is very well liked by his players and staff. Unfortunately, that has nothing to do with his current situation here and the here and now. You simply "liking" or "respecting" him shouldn't be the sole basis for us keeping him.

I'm also aware he has some very, very obvious flaws. Pointing those out doesn't equate to me, or others, as being anti-Ferentz. I'm just aware his time is coming to a close and his personal interests may not align with what's best for the program any longer. Keeping his son was an obvious sign of that occurring. More people should be upset with that.

He's done for Iowa more than any of us have? Sure, obviously, he's the head coach and we're not. We've made him a millionaire. Our school hired him but one would think he's been in charge this whole time and not the other way around. He's not above the scrutiny he deserves in my opinion. I get scrutiny at work too. Why doesn't anyone defend me so ardently all the time? I'm very good at my job, essentially one of the top performers every quarter for the last 10 years.

Kirk doesn't need ardent defenders. He needs ardent detractors that remind him that he works for us, as fans, not the other way around. Enabling is a huge problem, especially in the United States. We should stop doing it...
100% this. The thing that irritates me with part of our fanbase is that some people around here act like we've never had a good coach before him, as if Haydn Fry didn't come before and win 3 Big Ten championships/go to 3 Rose Bowls in a Big Ten where you couldn't usually avoid Ohio St and Michigan. Some people are just afraid of change and will defend Kirk no matter what (usually because boo hoo we sucked consistently 50-60 years ago).

OP, don't you just hate when everyone doesn't fall in line and think exactly how you believe they should.

Then sometimes those assholes even post stuff on a message board I disagree with at times. Total BS isn't it?
giphy.gif

satisfy some on this board. They will always find something to bitch about. Kirk will pick the OC he feels good about and let that hire bring in his WR coach. I feel confident in saying, Kirk doesn't care what gets posted here. Probably has never looked at a post. Beth called Kirk a Hall of Fame coach at her introduction, I doubt she cares about this board's posts either. Just saying.
I doubt anyone cares much what you post as well Gunner. You sound like a whiny bitch…just sayin…

OP, don't you just hate when everyone doesn't fall in line and think exactly how you believe they should.

Then sometimes those assholes even post stuff on a message board I disagree with at times. Total BS isn't it?
I have broad shoulders and actually it doesn't bother me at all, I find it hillarious. I must have struck a nerve to see how much vitrial is being tossed my way. It confirms my original comment, "no matter what Kirk does, he will be vilified".

Why does that dumb Phil stay with Kirk. He must be stupid.
Prevent D and running the clock works at Iowa. Plus if a 0-92 happens, or North Dakota St, or 54-10 or 42-3. It is offset by 7-3 wins vs South Dakota St. In Iowa, BS talks, fraud coaches don’t walk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT