ADVERTISEMENT

KOK has some interesting things to say about Nate and Kirk.

I have no doubt Nate has NFL ability. But, how many horrible interceptions did he throw last year? How many incredibly wide open receivers did he flat-out miss? He’s got to fix those things if he expects to play at the next level.

Nate, all by himself, cost Iowa at least 2 games this season alone. Given his overall body of work so far, I do not see an NFL QB, not even a clipboard carrier. But, maybe, he can improve. The bowl game will be another indicator. He will have had a month to make progress, and he'll be facing an elite defense. So let's see how that goes. If I'm an NFL GM, Stanley is not on my draft list. If he's on yours, fine. I would like my team to play your team. :)

Nate, all by himself, cost Iowa at least 2 games this season alone. Given his overall body of work so far, I do not see an NFL QB, not even a clipboard carrier. But, maybe, he can improve. The bowl game will be another indicator. He will have had a month to make progress, and he'll be facing an elite defense. So let's see how that goes. If I'm an NFL GM, Stanley is not on my draft list. If he's on yours, fine. I would like my team to play your team. :)
What college team do you root for, sure as hell isn't Iowa.

That’s actually pretty good. Iowa was chosen higher than they should have been in many of these games due to having fans that travel.
I think that's the biggest thing. Iowa's bowl record would most doubtedly be much much better if not for playing up in so many bowl games.

There are very few of those games that Iowa was a higher-ranked team.

2001 +1.5 Texas Tech W
2002 +4.5 USC L
2003 + 4 Florida W
2004 + 5 LSU W
2005 PK Florida L
2006 +9 Texas L
2008 -3.5 South Carolina W
2009 +6 Georgia Tech W
2010 +3 Missouri W
2011 +13.5 Oklahoma L
2013 +7.5 LSU L
2014 +3 Tennessee L
2015 +6.5 Stanford L
2016 +1 Florida L
2017 -2.5 BC W
Am I reading this correctly? Iowa was only favored in one of their bowl games since 2002 and a pick em in one other?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT