ADVERTISEMENT

Left my first no tip yesterday

There is a population in Atlanta that does carry out so they dont have to tip. Waffle House is on to them and doing 20%. 10% to person who packages their order and 10 to the house.
I’m amazed at what people will take to go these days. Breakfast would taste like shit after 10 minutes. I see people get DoorDash at McDonald’s - that has to be awful after a few minutes.

Chicken fingers, Mexican, Chipotle, Qdoba…I can’t imagine taking much else to go.

For the waiter anyways. While I'm sure it was an ashole move, fvck that guy. I'll just get ctrl-alt-dlt, not reading all that, and CSB outta the way now and try to condense this as much as possible.

The wife, little 3408, and I went for breakfast yesterday morning and upon arriving the hostess let us know it was about a 40 min wait due to being short staffed. No problem, we planned on having a few cocktails anyways. It took about 5 min for the waiter to get to us, which again was no big deal, but we told him we had time to look over the menu and would order everything at once. He told us he couldn't do they because they have to enter food in the same order people came in to keep everything running smooth and prevent some people from longer waits. I completely understand that and no problems waiting.

After about 10 min a runner brought our drinks to us, again no problem there I know the bartender was slammed, and at the same time a table of 6 was seated near us. Our waiter went right to them to take their drink order. While doing so, my wife with incredible hearing heard him tell the group that food was over 40 min now and if they didn't want a long wait to get everything ordered now. WTF. Then he went directly to his station and entered it into the system. A few min later he came to our table and I jokingly said "so we're going to get our food before that table right, because you have to keep everything in order?" Dude got pissed and started getting extremely defensive and told us we were in the wrong and he never told us any of that. OK, bud. Whatever. We ordered and let it go.

About 30 more minutes go by and we start seeing tables that came in 5 or more min after us getting their food as well as the table of 6 that came in 15 min after. We're now at 50 min in and now food. Ended up getting it right about an hour and five minutes in. Now I'm pretty annoyed that he clearly did that with multiple tables, lied about it, then tried to make us feel stupid. Fvck him, I left $0 for him and personally tipped the bartender $10 for the drinks.
You should have asked the wife for a Boebert while you waited. It’s not on the menu, but very satisfying.

The wife, little 3408, and I went for breakfast yesterday morning ...we planned on having a few cocktails...
a34b8560-169e-41a6-a82b-efc4b8324bea_text.gif

I gave OP's mom the tip even when the service is sloppy. (I can't believe it took this long. You people disappoint me).
I heard it was like the service in the restaurant. Slow, uneven, unsatisfying, frustrating, and an all around waste of time that wasn't worth the money.

Went to a restaurant last month and was told it could be up to 40 minutes to get a fried chicken sandwich. Said ever since they were on DDD they've been slammed with door dashes.
I've been to 60+ DDD spots, what was it? Kicking myself because I drove right past one about 8 times in Bend last October. Making a list for our next trip. Or, did you move out of Oregon?

I've been to 60+ DDD spots, what was it? Kicking myself because I drove right past one about 8 times in Bend last October. Making a list for our next trip. Or, did you move out of Oregon?
I am in Omaha now 🥲

Life is cheaper, but much filthier. The place was Dirty Birds on 17th and St. Mary's.

I am in Omaha now 🥲

Life is cheaper, but much filthier. The place was Dirty Birds on 17th and St. Mary's.
That wasn't open in 2022 when we swung through. We hit Joe Tess Place, and that was a dive. Tasty enough, but a real dive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT