ADVERTISEMENT

Levi Haines

Sometimes I say to myself yep you were a little slow with that ignore function, but better late than never.

If he doesn't win it this weekend I'll be surprised if he doesn't by the time he graduates. I'm not ready to declare him the next Jason nolf but he is very good.
I'm not picking him this year, but I'm thinking two, maybe three, titles when he is done. Might depend on how long he stays at 57 vs 65 and whether the latter clears out if and when he ends up there. Very positionally savvy for a freshman.

Reactions: Idahopennstatefan
All we want to know is, does HR classify him as a staller at this point?
The lack of self awareness in this post is OUTSTANDING! How many times has a PSU fan been all over Iowa guys for their "he only pushes" stance?

Look, your more recent best guys started off as VERY defensive, position based wrestlers. Even though PSU has still had crazy success, the top guys wrestle a MUCH MORE position based style than it started off with Wright, Taylor, Ruth, Retherford and Nolf.

Guys like RBY, Starocci, Dean and even Brooks(who eventually opened up a ton and is by far your most active now in neutral) wrestle a very tactical match, especially when riding. Levi is the epitome of this. Let's not act like he fires off a ton of shots against the higher ranked guys. Honestly 157 is the thinnest weight and his schedule only really had him wrestle 2 top 20 guys until B1G's(Siebrecht 3-2 and Lewan 3-1OT). But, you had the exact same scores, almost down to the timeframes against Coleman and Robb.

Now, do I think he engages enough to not be called a "staller"? Sure. But, can I see why any opponent's fanbase would call it that? Absolutely. Mind you, I am all for that type of style. Not to say I was remotely as good, but I was forced defensive/limited offensive on my feet, so I relate and love watching the tactics.

With all that said, the kid is really good. 157 being as thin as it is makes for the perfect time for him to get his feet wet. Other than possibly O'Connor, no one is really elite. He has as good of a chance as the rest to make the Finals as a true freshman. Whether you want to call him a staller or not, he is a bona fide winner...

Reactions: therod and 07mantle
The lack of self awareness in this post is OUTSTANDING! How many times has a PSU fan been all over Iowa guys for their "he only pushes" stance?

Look, your more recent best guys started off as VERY defensive, position based wrestlers. Even though PSU has still had crazy success, the top guys wrestle a MUCH MORE position based style than it started off with Wright, Taylor, Ruth, Retherford and Nolf.

Guys like RBY, Starocci, Dean and even Brooks(who eventually opened up a ton and is by far your most active now in neutral) wrestle a very tactical match, especially when riding. Levi is the epitome of this. Let's not act like he fires off a ton of shots against the higher ranked guys. Honestly 157 is the thinnest weight and his schedule only really had him wrestle 2 top 20 guys until B1G's(Siebrecht 3-2 and Lewan 3-1OT). But, you had the exact same scores, almost down to the timeframes against Coleman and Robb.

Now, do I think he engages enough to not be called a "staller"? Sure. But, can I see why any opponent's fanbase would call it that? Absolutely. Mind you, I am all for that type of style. Not to say I was remotely as good, but I was forced defensive/limited offensive on my feet, so I relate and love watching the tactics.

With all that said, the kid is really good. 157 being as thin as it is makes for the perfect time for him to get his feet wet. Other than possibly O'Connor, no one is really elite. He has as good of a chance as the rest to make the Finals as a true freshman. Whether you want to call him a staller or not, he is a bona fide winner...
Your lack of a sense of humor is even betterer (yes, sic) than OUTSTANDING!!! 😉

And side note: I accept neither credit nor blame for what other PSU fans post here.

And side note: I accept neither credit nor blame for what other PSU fans post here.
;)
giphy.gif

Your lack of a sense of humor is even betterer (yes, sic) than OUTSTANDING!!! 😉

Yet you expect Iowa fans to accept blame for what other Iowa fans may or may not have said about a psu wrestler. “Is Levi considered a staller yet by Iowa fans”.

Your insecurity about what our fan base thinks about your team is hilarious. Couple that with how often you feel the need to be a dick, makes me wonder where those insecurities stem from.

My guess…
So Close Atp GIF by Tennis TV

Yet you expect Iowa fans to accept blame for what other Iowa fans may or may not have said about a psu wrestler. “Is Levi considered a staller yet by Iowa fans”.

Your insecurity about what our fan base thinks about your team is hilarious. Couple that with how often you feel the need to be a dick, makes me wonder where those insecurities stem from.

My guess…
So Close Atp GIF by Tennis TV
You’re too serious. It’s a week to have fun.

This thread has been fairly entertaining, but I hope all the Hawk fans understand that this tacobell guy is the same Asshat troll that has been over here this season just changing his account. He even got creative and had a few backup accounts so it did not look like he just signed up again.
I see you’re not a detective for a living…..try again🤣🤣

Reactions: Lambertt
I see you’re not a detective for a living…..try again🤣🤣
Well if you are not him then you should be extremely embarrassed that you are his twin brother! maybe question how you spend your time, crawl out of mommies basement, clean yourself up, cut your hair and start being a productive human instead of a useless bag of bones. GO HAWKS!

Fair enough. Didn’t even see the match in question. Forgot to quote the post I was responding to. I’ll take him for a cool $50 to the HWC or WFL, just for shits and giggles.
Haines almost did it, but I feel like this was still a lopsided bet. I went ahead and gave my $50 to WFL if you want to give yours to HWC!

Screen-Shot-2023-03-18-at-10-07-36-PM.png

• Love
Reactions: Gobblin and jrod65
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT