ADVERTISEMENT

Lineup for Nebraska?

Well crap no Gabe! We are going to lose now. Manning is going to rip his sweater off and run around the gym going crazy because he finally beat Iowa. I still have it 7-3 Iowa worst case scenario 6-4 but 8-2 is also a possibility.

Reactions: honkey69
Well crap no Gabe! We are going to lose now. Manning is going to rip his sweater off and run around the gym going crazy because he finally beat Iowa. I still have it 7-3 Iowa worst case scenario 6-4 but 8-2 is also a possibility.
I could see the possibility of 9-1 with Rathjen the only loss.

• Haha
Reactions: USPMAN
Maybe too early to rule out Gabe and BK??

Reactions: el dub
By any objective measure, Nebraska didn't look good.

the #3 guy at 125 didnt score in regulation.
Van Dee didn't threaten at all
Hardy got chased down with a lead. TD w/ 3 sec left in regulation and again in OT
#1 in the country didn't bonus an unranked/platoon guy
PRobb, who's been a title contender for two years now, lost to a FR

#4 Nebraska 18, #25 Northern Iowa 17
125: #3 Caleb Smith dec. #26 Trever Anderson (UNI) SV-1 4-1 (NEB 3, UNI 0)
133: #22 Julian Farber (UNI) dec. #32 Jacob Van Dee 8-1 (NEB 3, UNI 3)
141: #8 Cael Happel (UNI) dec. #6 Brock Hardy SV-1 11-8 (NEB 3, UNI 6)
149: #1 Ridge Lovett dec. Cael Rahnavardi (UNI) 7-1 (NEB 6, UNI 6)
157: #13 Ryder Downey (UNI) dec. #3 Peyton Robb 6-5 (NEB 6, UNI 8)
165: #24 Antrell Taylor dec. RJ Weston (UNI) 6-3 (NEB 9, UNI 8)
174: #33 Bubba Wilson dec. #30 Jared Simma (UNI) 3-1 (NEB 12, UNI 8)
184: #1 Parker Keckeisen (UNI) tech. fall Elise Brown Ton 17-2 (5:37) (NEB 12, UNI 13)
197: #11 Silas Allred pinned #19 Wyatt Voelker (UNI) (5:53) (NEB 17, UNI 13)
HWT: #17 Tyrell Gordon (UNI) maj. dec. Harley Andrews 9-1 (NEB 18, UNI 17)

Reactions: GracefromAbove
Nebraska is ok not anywhere near a team like Mizzou or Michigan. They have 2 guys 149 and 184 that are threats to do anything at Nattys. I personally just don’t see anything other than 7-3 Iowa but could easily see 9-1 and as crazy as it sounds Nebraska could put up a goose egg without Pinto. But if Pinto goes we are giving up 5 or 6 there. From what I saw against UNI I am worried about nothing in that lineup.

• Haha
Reactions: USPMAN and T8KUDWN
Nebraska is ok not anywhere near a team like Mizzou or Michigan. They have 2 guys 149 and 184 that are threats to do anything at Nattys. I personally just don’t see anything other than 7-3 Iowa but could easily see 9-1 and as crazy as it sounds Nebraska could put up a goose egg without Pinto. But if Pinto goes we are giving up 5 or 6 there. From what I saw against UNI I am worried about nothing in that lineup.
And yet they'll be pumped up for Iowa like always.

7-3 Iowa at best

Iowa
165 bonus?

Nub
149 bonus
184 bonus with pinto

125 toss-up but edge to Iowa
141 has generally been close but Hardy not as solid as last year
157 massive match
HWT this one could could get interesting, depending on who is on the mat, if BK and Hut go... 🔥

By any objective measure, Nebraska didn't look good.

the #3 guy at 125 didnt score in regulation.
Van Dee didn't threaten at all
Hardy got chased down with a lead. TD w/ 3 sec left in regulation and again in OT
#1 in the country didn't bonus an unranked/platoon guy
PRobb, who's been a title contender for two years now, lost to a FR

#4 Nebraska 18, #25 Northern Iowa 17
125: #3 Caleb Smith dec. #26 Trever Anderson (UNI) SV-1 4-1 (NEB 3, UNI 0)
133: #22 Julian Farber (UNI) dec. #32 Jacob Van Dee 8-1 (NEB 3, UNI 3)
141: #8 Cael Happel (UNI) dec. #6 Brock Hardy SV-1 11-8 (NEB 3, UNI 6)
149: #1 Ridge Lovett dec. Cael Rahnavardi (UNI) 7-1 (NEB 6, UNI 6)
157: #13 Ryder Downey (UNI) dec. #3 Peyton Robb 6-5 (NEB 6, UNI 8)
165: #24 Antrell Taylor dec. RJ Weston (UNI) 6-3 (NEB 9, UNI 8)
174: #33 Bubba Wilson dec. #30 Jared Simma (UNI) 3-1 (NEB 12, UNI 8)
184: #1 Parker Keckeisen (UNI) tech. fall Elise Brown Ton 17-2 (5:37) (NEB 12, UNI 13)
197: #11 Silas Allred pinned #19 Wyatt Voelker (UNI) (5:53) (NEB 17, UNI 13)
HWT: #17 Tyrell Gordon (UNI) maj. dec. Harley Andrews 9-1 (NEB 18, UNI 17)
Tell Snyder to say they were training thru the dual! That's a classic response to a flat dual performance.

Reactions: el dub
Oh my god maybe we should just send some backups since we are going to get beat. 🤣

you're high.

ridge, pinto and allred are significant favorites.

Umm.. pass me the bong man! I want somma that strong stuff.
The thing is that if you look match by match, there are so many 50-50 tossups that it's not unreasonable to think that 9 or more likely 8 guys (I think Glazier is a pretty big underdog as well as Rathjen) could win their matches, but it would take sweeping 4 or 5 50-50 toss-ups, which is far more unreasonable than picking those 8 guys on a match by match basis. Because of the unpredictability of the individual matchups, it's also not unreasonable to think that Nebraska could win 8 matches as well if you think they will sweep all of the close ones. If both teams field their full starting lineups, this might be the most intriguing dual match of the whole season.

Reactions: TarpHawk
I will give you Lovett and Pinto. Allred has not looked as good as he has in the past and Glazier is feeling it, I say that match is 50/50
there's a difference between 'can win' and 'the obvious pick'.

would anyone's head explode if glazier won? no.

but the pick is clearly the defending big ten champ against.

Reactions: dmlawdad
Willie, where is the Intermat weekly viewing guide for the week? One of my favorites.

I see it as a very tight match overall BUT . whomever we send out at HWT needs to wrestle a Fast paced defensive 1st period without putting themselves into danger then take the big guy who hasn't wrestled a super competitive 7 minute match in a few years to the next level and see what the big fellas lungs look like. A lot of head clubbing and fake shots and circling in both directions just to keep his feet moving and that heart rate up. I mean if he did in fact drop 30 to 45 pounds as they say he did SINCE the end of football season He will really be labored to have much *of a spare tank for a fast paced 2nd or 3rd period. Equal out that extra bulk and strength of his with superior conditioning and wrestling smart until his reactions and defense is dropping. I think Hill can beat this guy if he uses his conditioning and not a straight on frontal attack that plays into the Nebraska HWTs strengths.

what’s the rational for saying Kennedy won’t major Wilson . Was last years 5 takedown major just a fluke ie part of that inconsistency or you thinking something else like weight change, gas tank , injury ?

Reactions: T8KUDWN
what’s the rational for saying Kennedy won’t major Wilson . Was last years 5 takedown major just a fluke ie part of that inconsistency or you thinking something else like weight change, gas tank , injury ?
Kennedy is old news on this board. He's almost an afterthought for many. It's all Gabe up in here.

To quote Zoolander, "That Gabe is so hot right now!" (not that I don't like Gabe).

Kennedy is old news on this board. He's almost an afterthought for many. It's all Gabe up in here.

To quote Zoolander, "That Gabe is so hot right now!" (not that I don't like Gabe).
I just want the best team on the mat. And it sounds to me like PK is second string at 157, 165 and 174. Getting Gabe mat time at his preferred weight makes him better next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT