ADVERTISEMENT

Lineup for Nebraska?

In a valiant effort to change the subject...
125: Ayala
133: Teske
141: Woods
149: Rathjen
157: Franek
165: Caliendo
174: Arnold? (Kennedy)
184: Riggins
197: Glazier (AJ may be enrolled by then but Tom wouldn't dare)
285: Hill? (Keuter?
Maybe someone can post Nebraskas line up also so we can get some predictions.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Going to be a good dual.

25 - toss up, like seemingly every single match at 125 NCAA-wide. Big match for the dual. Smith is having a good year.

33-dec Iowa. Hoping Teske can win a little more convincingly this time around.

41- maj Iowa. Hardy is dangerous, but hasn't looked great this year

49- maj Neb. Rathjen isn't going to back down, but Lovett is #1 for a reason

57- dec Neb. Robb looked great at CKLV. Amazing bounce back from his scary infection at the end of last year.

65 - dec Iowa. Could be a sneaky good match, but think Taylor is a year away from AA level.

74- dec Iowa. Not sure who goes, but have both Arnold/PK winning

84 - maj Neb. Give major props to Riggins for doing everything he can to make the lineup. He's just not an 84lbr. Pinto is funky, so some concern for a fall here.

97 - dec Neb. Think we see Glazier and he will be in the match, with a chance to win at the end

hwt - dec Iowa. Give me Hill by 5.

Winner of 125 could decide the meet.

Wouldn't be shocked if the PK/Arnold 74/84 option is on the table again. Also curious how soon(or if) Kueter gets on the mat.

Regarding 174, I guess I always assumed the shirt would be pulled on Gabe sooner rather than later given his results so far. Have I missed Gabe or the staff indicating something different?

Reactions: el dub
Regarding 174, I guess I always assumed the shirt would be pulled on Gabe sooner rather than later given his results so far. Have I missed Gabe or the staff indicating something different?

All I know is that he wrestled unattached at the SS so the RS option is still available. He has 2 more dates to compete and still keep it.

All I know is that he wrestled unattached at the SS so the RS option is still available. He has 2 more dates to compete and still keep it.
I think regardless the decision will be made after Feb. 9th, competitive match with starocci I imagine it gets pulled, if he gets smoked I imagine he stays shirting.

Yeah I don’t get it. If PK can’t beat him and Gabe wants to go then it should be up to him to do so
Gabe hasnt beat PK head to head and Im in the opinion it would be a toss up. Whoever looks better in the meets should probably go, I think they both will get chances.

I think regardless the decision will be made after Feb. 9th, competitive match with starocci I imagine it gets pulled, if he gets smoked I imagine he stays shirting.

Personally hope it's decided well before PSU comes to Carver. Gabe would have to sit out 5 conference duals for that scenario to happen.

Would much rather see how he fares against Ruth and Griffith than wait for the match with the defending 3x champ.

2005 or 2006 I think. It's been a long time
Nebbie has some question marks as well, but I think this one is going to be a nail biter. 125- Drake looked great at SS. Caleb Smith won a close one over Jore Volk earlier this season.
133- Teske had to come from behind to beat Van Dee. Not sure if Nebbie goes with Burwick or not. Teske will be favored but it’s going to be close.
141- Woods has gotten the better of Hardy in the past, but Hardy is a tough out. I thought Woods looked great at SS beating two tough top 10 ranked opponents.
149- Rathjen made a statement that he’s the guy at SS. He’s got the ultimate test vs #1 ranked Ridge Lovett, who can absolutely light up a scoreboard.
157- Franek is ranked higher than Peyton Robb, but I imagine most would bet on Robb. Biggest match of Franek’s Hawk season to this point.
165- Caliendo should get the W, but Nebbie has a tough freshman in Taylor.
174- Not sure if Kennedy or Gabe goes here, but either one should get a win over Bubba Wilson. PK majored him last year. Gabe may be asked to take another one for the team.
184-Lenny Pinto is a stud. He stuck Assad last year. I have little faith than Riggens can avoid that fate. Gabe has shown he’s got the defense and the horsepower to hang with anyone. Hoping we see him up at 184.
197- Allred is tough, showed that last year when he beat Max Dean. Glazier will have a tough time with him. I’d be shocked if AJ went here. I think we just take an L here.
Hwt- If Nebby throws out Christian Lance here, Hill’s in trouble. Lance looked great at Senior Nationals. Not sure if Nebby has a backup, they’ve forfeited Hwt a couple times this year. No way we see Keuter IMHO.

Lots of good matches, our A team probably eeks out a win, but it’s going to be super close.

Nebbie has some question marks as well, but I think this one is going to be a nail biter. 125- Drake looked great at SS. Caleb Smith won a close one over Jore Volk earlier this season.
133- Teske had to come from behind to beat Van Dee. Not sure if Nebbie goes with Burwick or not. Teske will be favored but it’s going to be close.
141- Woods has gotten the better of Hardy in the past, but Hardy is a tough out. I thought Woods looked great at SS beating two tough top 10 ranked opponents.
149- Rathjen made a statement that he’s the guy at SS. He’s got the ultimate test vs #1 ranked Ridge Lovett, who can absolutely light up a scoreboard.
157- Franek is ranked higher than Peyton Robb, but I imagine most would bet on Robb. Biggest match of Franek’s Hawk season to this point.
165- Caliendo should get the W, but Nebbie has a tough freshman in Taylor.
174- Not sure if Kennedy or Gabe goes here, but either one should get a win over Bubba Wilson. PK majored him last year. Gabe may be asked to take another one for the team.
184-Lenny Pinto is a stud. He stuck Assad last year. I have little faith than Riggens can avoid that fate. Gabe has shown he’s got the defense and the horsepower to hang with anyone. Hoping we see him up at 184.
197- Allred is tough, showed that last year when he beat Max Dean. Glazier will have a tough time with him. I’d be shocked if AJ went here. I think we just take an L here.
Hwt- If Nebby throws out Christian Lance here, Hill’s in trouble. Lance looked great at Senior Nationals. Not sure if Nebby has a backup, they’ve forfeited Hwt a couple times this year. No way we see Keuter IMHO.

Lots of good matches, our A team probably eeks out a win, but it’s going to be super close.

Agree with most of this. But pretty sure Lance is a couple years removed from college eligibility. Saw Nebraska has a football player(Hutmacher) that was a highly ranked hs wrestler that may compete this year, but not sure if he would be ready by this dual.

I see 125 as crucial. If Drake loses, we are likely losing. But I did think the same thing at ISU. Definitely a tough road test. I will probably get taken out to the Gabe woodshed for saying it, but I would feel better about Hawks winning with AJ at 97.

Agree with most of this. But pretty sure Lance is a couple years removed from college eligibility. Saw Nebraska has a football player(Hutmacher) that was a highly ranked hs wrestler that may compete this year, but not sure if he would be ready by this dual.
He's had a bit of time to prepare, given that Little Debbie didn't have a bowl a game, again, this year.

125 Ayala Dec Caleb Smith 3-0
133 Teske Dec Jacob Van Dee 6-0
141 Woods Dec Brock Hardy 9-0
149 Ridge Lovett TF Rathjen 9-5
157 Peyton Robb Dec Franek 9-8
165 Caliendo Dec Antrell Taylor 12-8
174 Arnold MD Bubba Wilson 16-8
184 Lenny Pinto Pin Riggins 16-14
197 Silas Allred MD AJ/Glazier 16-17
285 Hill MD Harley Andrews 20-17

That’s razor thin. An upset at 125 or 133 could be the difference. Nebraska has a strong team this year.

Yeah I don’t get it. If PK can’t beat him and Gabe wants to go then it should be up to him to do so
In all honesty they may hold his redshirt till after he wrestles CS. I believe they think he has a good shot at being a 4Xer after CS is gone.

That being said I believe they want to see how close Gabe can get in Feb. Dual to see if he has a good enough chance to risk it.

That’s razor thin. An upset at 125 or 133 could be the difference. Nebraska has a strong team this year.
Don't see whoever we put out at 149 (assuming it will be rathjen) getting teched. Cannot see Arnold majoring anyone at this point. Don't think glazier will get majored either

Yeah, damn you’re right Lance graduated. I’m a clown. The only Heavies listed on their roster are freshmen named Moore and Andrews. That helps.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Yeah, damn you’re right Lance graduated. I’m a clown. The only Heavies listed on their roster are freshmen named Moore and Andrews. That helps.
Nash Hutchmaker has been practicing with them. Not sure he’s down to weight yet but he was an absolute stud in high school. He will be a big upgrade over Harley Andrews.

Reactions: Myth Buster51
Nash Hutchmaker has been practicing with them. Not sure he’s down to weight yet but he was an absolute stud in high school. He will be a big upgrade over Harley Andrews.
I read somewhere a few weeks ago he was only going to be wrestling at practices, not planning to wrestle legit matches…..true or not I don’t know

Arnold isn’t TF anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT