ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like winning a Team Title just became much harder

A one seed getting second is 100% an underperformance. It has just as big of an impact on the team score as a 12 seed going 0-2.

And I completely agree about Marinelli. I’m not making any judgement about why there was an underperformance or trying to say it is because of bad coaching or anything like that. It is just a fact it is an underperformance, not a judgement. Did they score as many points as expected? No. Therefore it is an underperformance.

This may all be true, but you forgot to CAPITALIZE random WORDS in your ARGUMENT to make it even more VALID.

I would be shocked to see this happen, but it certainlyy wouldn't be the first time!

IF Suriano did go back? I would more likely see him going 133 and everyone bumping.

Reactions: TarpHawk and el dub
I would be shocked to see this happen, but it certainlyy wouldn't be the first time!

IF Suriano did go back? I would more likely see him going 133 and everyone bumping.
With limited information, that makes the most sense to me, now.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Pretty sure that Max Dean was leaving Cornell independent of anything that Cael did. Good riddance.
Max deans decision was his decision. Carl just jumped in and took it. However rumor has it dean wasn’t the best at his weight in the Cornell room and that’s a fact!!! Darmstadt is just better than him!!! So everyone predicting he’s top three is ridiculous!!!

I recall a Flo video that chronicled the initial transfer of Suriano to Rutgers and how “PSU was doing everything possible to not let it happen”. So everything is cool and the gang now? Also Suriano was a large 133 lber two years ago, I would imagine he’d struggle to hold down 125 for 3 straight days at NCAAs and still b effective. RBY seems like a very small 141 pounder as well.

I recall a Flo video that chronicled the initial transfer of Suriano to Rutgers and how “PSU was doing everything possible to not let it happen”. So everything is cool and the gang now? Also Suriano was a large 133 lber two years ago, I would imagine he’d struggle to hold down 125 for 3 straight days at NCAAs and still b effective. RBY seems like a very small 141 pounder as well.
That’s the way it is when fans jump bandwagon. See Gilman. They hated him now he is a blessing to them!!!that’s what happens when Carl got there. See a pattern? They didn’t even have a rivals page until he got there!!! Their whole page is a shit show! Also I’ve been a penn st match before since I’m an east coast guy. There really wasn’t a great fan base until he got there. Then they win a couple of titles an the leeches come out Been like that ever since. Winning is contagious I guess!!! Smh

Suriano will be 25 if he goes back to psu!!!

Reactions: TarpHawk
That’s the way it is when fans jump bandwagon. See Gilman. They hated him now he is a blessing to them!!!that’s what happens when Carl got there. See a pattern? They didn’t even have a rivals page until he got there!!! Their whole page is a shit show! Also I’ve been a penn st match before since I’m an east coast guy. There really wasn’t a great fan base until he got there. Then they win a couple of titles an the leeches come out Been like that ever since. Winning is contagious I guess!!! Smh
8 is a couple? GFY

Race just got closer, but Hawks still the favs.

As others have stated, it'll be more about which team is healthier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jrjt0518
Suriano was big and ripped at 133. Is he really gonna get down to 125?

So, Suriano is wrestling his Senior year at PSU, which was the original intent anyway... You could look at it this way, if Iowa doesn't get DeSanto and Eeirman the point total at NCAAs would be different. Suriano was supposed to be at PSU this season if you go back to his freshmen year, (Rutgers season) and count the two year Olympic Redshirt.... Yes, it helps PSU tremendously, but it will be even more enjoyable when Iowa still wins the title.

Max deans decision was his decision. Carl just jumped in and took it. However rumor has it dean wasn’t the best at his weight in the Cornell room and that’s a fact!!! Darmstadt is just better than him!!! So everyone predicting he’s top three is ridiculous!!!
It is possible that Foca could beat Dean at 184, but I'm not convinced: Foca will probably be going 174 this year. At 197, Darmstadt likely could beat him, and perhaps even Cardenas could, too (but not likely).

I'm actually going to be surprised if Dean goes 197, and astonished if he does really well there.

I guess the "fact" is that there is a rumor?

Reactions: el dub
Iowa-----------------------------------PSU

DUAL
Spencer vs Suriano...WBD *Obviously Spencer the favorite....bonus would be hard to come by

DeSanto vs RBY...LBD *Barring a weird flakeout like the 2020 dual, should be able to hold this to a decision. Can DeSanto finish his lefty single against RBY this year? If so, could make this match much more interesting

Eierman vs Lee...LBD *Not saying we couldn't get a W here, but appears based on the finals that Lee figured out Eierman is not a neutral threat unless it's a counter. If Lee stays out of a cradle when he's in on a shot and can get out from bottom, I don't see this going different than their 2nd match in the NCAA Final last year unfortunately. But maybe Eierman developed some high level neutral offense in the last 7 months.....in his 7th year. I just don't see N Lee getting beat on counters and riding again like at Big Tens.

Murin vs Bartlett...WBD *Got to think we're the favorite here based on experience. Murin won't blow the doors off anybody, but he's tough to score on and have got to think he can big brother a younger Bartlett at least a little.

Young vs Lee...LBD *Hope I'm wrong and we get 2020 NCAA Championships Kaleb Young back for his last year. Nothing about last year gave me a whole lot of confidence here though. He could definitely go big brother here similar to 149's dialogue, but I've gotta see something first.

Marinelli vs Facundo...WBD *Facundo will be really good. Won't be ready to beat the Bull yet though.

Kemerer vs Starocci...WBD *Most definitely a toss up. Gotta think (hope) Kem can get it done in likely his last big dual in CHA.

Brands vs Brooks...LBD *Hope Nelson/Abe can sneak in a TD or 2 to keep this to a decision.

Warner vs Dean...LBD *Trying to not be a homer so split the toss ups. Could definitely win here. Going to be 3-2 one way or the other.

Cass vs Kerkvliet...WBD *On one hand, Cass absolutely manhandled Kirk last time they wrestled. On the other hand, Big Ten/NCAA's Kerk will not be the same guy if he's healthy and gets regular training in. Still like our guy . Just don't think it will look quite as effortless as it did last March.

There ya have it...15 to 15. I'm sure somebody will sneak in some bonus somewhere and can't imagine this whole dual would be decisions. Maybe us at 165 if we Carver a freshman. Maybe them at 184. In my eyes, those are the surest weights where there is an absolute clear cut leader. At this point should probably say the same about 133 as well, unfortunately. Got a couple great opportunities at 149, 157, 165 against some young (but talented) guys. If we could go 2 for 2 at 149 and 157 I think it's a done deal. Could legitimately argue that 141, 149, 157, 174, 197 are all toss ups. This one's gonna be fun. Somebody else can break it down for a tournament.
What on earth would make you pick lee over young. Lee couldn't pick up a single win at ncaas and gave maryland one of their only 2 victories at big tens

Reactions: IRONBIRD
It is possible that Foca could beat Dean at 184, but I'm not convinced: Foca will probably be going 174 this year. At 197, Darmstadt likely could beat him, and perhaps even Cardenas could, too (but not likely).

I'm actually going to be surprised if Dean goes 197, and astonished if he does really well there.

Foca did beat Dean 10-0 freestyle end March this year

i would bet money that the joy boys do not have 4 champs this year any takers besides cali

Haha! Hopefully someone takes you up on that. After my $100 Murin bet, I have $50 to $100 left over to wfl for your choice of 1 v 1 dual meet, Florida dual, big 10, or ncaa matchup. Lots of awesome PSU vs Iowa matchups this season!

Bad take. Suriano is on a NIL vision quest. He will only come back as a 125. Lol, at the thought RBY and Nick Lee would push up a weight. Well.... never mind, I shouldn't be surprised at your bad takes.

Foca crushed dean already and it wasn’t close!!! Foca is that good!!!

Newsflash: freestyle != folkstyle. More evidence: look at Darmstadt's results in freestyle at the U23's this year. He went 0-2.

(ease off on the exclamation points, will ya?)
Just letting you know that foca is that good. Will be a high aa this

if these things all do pan out for PSU...Its time we coach our line up to beat the PSU stall game...I mean exactly HOW MANY takedowns did PSU champs actually score on us in regulation time?? and how many unanswered shots did we take ...that seriously wore us down and left us vulnerable in OT ?? we were out coached in those final matches...we beat the in Big Tens and Dual meets but when it was all on the line...we didn't game plan as well as we should have...and i admit i am a HUGE fan of our coaches!!! i also think that Suriano will have have a HARD TIME making 125 and keeping it for the season...and when he cuts weight he looses his 3rd period gas tank...and we will exploit that. Just some observations from a far...I honestly feel we did more to lose those Finals matches than PSU did to win them.
Agree 100% with everything you said here.

Reactions: HawkeyePA
This may all be true, but you forgot to CAPITALIZE random WORDS in your ARGUMENT to make it even more VALID.
I thought it was common knowledge that Suriano got paid by Sunkist Kids. How can he compete collegiantly?

And Myles Wilson beat Foca!
My post was to a guy that is a supposed Cornell fan and dean fan saying dean was better then foca. And he didn’t believe foca was better then dean. Had nothing to do with Wilson. Wilson did beat him tho. But I would wager foca against dean or Wilson in ncaa competion And I would wager foca is an aa this year at 74!

Reactions: funnyfletcher
My post was to a guy that is a supposed Cornell fan and dean fan saying dean was better then foca. And he didn’t believe foca was better then dean. Had nothing to do with Wilson. Wilson did beat him tho. But I would wager foca against dean or Wilson in ncaa competion And I would wager foca is an aa this year at 74!
What I said was "It is possible that Foca could beat Dean at 184, but I'm not convinced." I'm not a Max Dean fan, for non-wrestling reasons. And I'm not a "supposed" Cornell fan: I've seen about every match that any Cornell wrestler has competed in for the past 8-10 years, including those of greyshirts like Foca. I had hoped that this board would appreciate the insight that a fan of another team might bring. I guess not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT