ADVERTISEMENT

Lt. Byrd (since promoted to Captain), claimed he was being shot at; Doctor tending to Ashli Babbit was shoved aside by Capital Police, and other ...

Eh, it was an attack. And not remotely the same as George Floyd. Don’t even know what you’re talking about with that comparison.

If you or I charged through security at the Capitol brandishing a weapon and fighting with law enforcement, what do you think would happen?
In terms of violence the George Floyd riots were much more deadly and violent and costly than anything that happened on Jan 6th. Stop trying to compare broken windows with 2 billion in damages.

Don’t know. The cops had been battling armed rioters for quite a while when she got shot. Reasonable to conclude she was, but doesn’t matter to me if she was or wasn’t.

She wasn't. So there's that.

And it does matter. Cops can't shoot an unarmed person on one street corner because another person a block down is swinging around a stick.

I’m good with the shooting and believe she should’ve been one of many that day. Many of those people were out of control.
And would you have proposed that in Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis and DC in 2020? You know, when rioters were actually armed, throwing things or setting things on fire (with people inside)?

Eh, it was an attack. And not remotely the same as George Floyd. Don’t even know what you’re talking about with that comparison.

If you or I charged through security at the Capitol brandishing a weapon and fighting with law enforcement, what do you think would happen?
Ummm, she was unarmed.

And it is 100% the same. A person that has sworn an oath to protect the citizens, killed another person that was unarmed.

George was passing counterfeit money, high on drugs and resisted arrest. Ashli was illegally trespassing on government property. Both died at the hand of someone swarn to protect them. Both were breaking the law.

And would you have proposed that in Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis and DC in 2020? You know, when rioters were actually armed, throwing things or setting things on fire (with people inside)?
Very possibly. I’m not a big fan of rioting in general.

But obviously the Capitol building is a different situation. The center of government, full of members of Congress and the VP. Different than a government building in Portland.

Ummm, she was unarmed.

And it is 100% the same. A person that has sworn an oath to protect the citizens, killed another person that was unarmed.

George was passing counterfeit money, high on drugs and resisted arrest. Ashli was illegally trespassing on government property. Both died at the hand of someone swarn to protect them. Both were breaking the law.
If you want to equate Derek Chauvin/George Floyd and what happened on Jan 6, have at it. I’m not going to try to convince you otherwise.

I've repeatedly condemned the events of J6 so let's just get that out of the way for the simple folk among us.

I have questions about this shooting.

Mainly, why weren't less than lethal measures first utilized?

Was the officer carrying mace or a baton? If not why?

What caused the officer to immediately use deadly force?

In the midst of all the violence that day, and there was plenty of violence, how is it that the only person shot at was an unarmed woman?
Replay the shooting...it’s all on film!
The mob (Ashli was part of) was trying to break down the locked door and they kept pushing as they were told to “back off”..,
The officer who shot get had hid gun drawn and pointe door at the mob..he warned the mob several times to cease and desist.....Ashli stormed the door and was shot...the officer legitimately “feared for his safety” ( and that is a legit defense in such cases as this)...
Ashli was somewhere she shouldn’t have been. She was given ample opportunity to back down, but did not. She was swept up in the action if the mob. When dealing with a mob, howvdoes one know who is and who is not “unarmed.” BTW...Ashli was NOT the only person who was injured...Ashli made several bad choices that day. Her death is a shame...but her actions were shameful, too.

Replay the shooting...it’s all on film!
The mob (Ashli was part of) was trying to break down the locked door and they kept pushing as they were told to “back off”..,
The officer who shot get had hid gun drawn and pointe door at the mob..he warned the mob several times to cease and desist.....Ashli stormed the door and was shot...the officer legitimately “feared for his safety” ( and that is a legit defense in such cases as this)...
Ashli was somewhere she shouldn’t have been. She was given ample opportunity to back down, but did not. She was swept up in the action if the mob. When dealing with a mob, howvdoes one know who is and who is not “unarmed.” BTW...Ashli was NOT the only person who was injured...Ashli made several bad choices that day. Her death is a shame...but her actions were shameful, too.

Based on my review of numerous videos that day I would have been more comfortable with the use of deadly force in other situations that occurred that day.

Like I've said before, I have questions about the Babbit death that remain unanswered.

Unlike Formerly, who asserts that we shouldn't ask questions, I believe that when a citizen is killed by the state, we are duty bound to ask questions and fully and impartially vet the incident.

Deep down, most of them know it was indefensible, they are just so consumed with team sports politics that they reflexively defend it.
And it would be so easy to reject that wing of the party. But they either are all in on Trump or they simply don’t want to risk the MAGA votes.

Based on my review of numerous videos that day I would have been more comfortable with the use of deadly force in other situations that occurred that day.

Like I've said before, I have questions about the Babbit death that remain unanswered.

Unlike Formerly, who asserts that we shouldn't ask questions, I believe that when a citizen is killed by the state, we are duty bound to ask questions and fully and impartially vet the incident.
You need to watch the tapes then...she was acting in an unsafe manner and she and the mob were warned! Then she got shot. The fact you may wNt to ask is what was Ashli and her friends doing in that hallway trying to break down that secure and GUARDED door?The answer is right there in front of you Northern..
Now if someone points a gun at me and tells me to “cease and desist”...I probably would back off. Ashli dove ahead....and got shot. Bad choice. It wasn’t like someone stood on her neck and refused to get off as she begged for her life....

Don’t know. The cops had been battling armed rioters for quite a while when she got shot. Reasonable to conclude she was, but doesn’t matter to me if she was or wasn’t.
She was wearing a backpack; none of the officers had any idea what she had in it as she was breaking in to the secured area.

Any reasonable person would have blown her head off to prevent her from potentially attacking Congressional Senators and Representatives.

That's because you're a MAGAt. Anyone else who watched the videos of that day doesn't care that she was shot when attempting to enter a secured area.

And EVERY ONE of the idiots attempting to enter that door walked away after they saw her take one in the face.

If you want to equate Derek Chauvin/George Floyd and what happened on Jan 6, have at it. I’m not going to try to convince you otherwise.
I didn't say that. Stop putting words in my posts. I said you wished for the death of someone and some people at the hands of police officers. I let you know that that isn't cool.

I didn't say that. Stop putting words in my posts. I said you wished for the death of someone and some people at the hands of police officers. I let you know that that isn't cool.
And i said you were comparing Floyd and Babbitt. I don’t know where I would’ve gotten that idea.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
And i said you were comparing Floyd and Babbitt. I don’t know where I would’ve gotten that idea.

Right, so what's your argument?

What have I denied?

You defend all things Trump and MAGA, all the time. But you often couch it in ways that allow you to "plausibly deny" that you are defending it.

However, the 100% consistency with which you will post in these threads deflecting and "just asking questions" is comical in its transparency.

We know who you are. You are a MAGAT 100%. You voted for him in the past, you will vote for him again. And if he loses, you will "have questions" about the fairness of the election.

You defend all things Trump and MAGA, all the time. But you often couch it in ways that allow you to "plausibly deny" that you are defending it.

However, the 100% consistency with which you will post in these threads deflecting and "just asking questions" is comical in its transparency.

We know who you are. You are a MAGAT 100%. You voted for him in the past, you will vote for him again. And if he loses, you will "have questions" about the fairness of the election.
Questions he almost certainly didn’t have about the Jan 6 committee’s work

Reactions: funksouljon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT