ADVERTISEMENT

March 14 Joe Lunardi / ESPN Bracketology: IOWA is on the Bubble (7th Team OUT). #59 NET Ranking (8th Best in B1G) on March 14

That’s a tough one. But let’s say Iowa loses on Sunday and the rest of the favorites win their final game(s)

That would put Iowa as a 7 seed vs Penn St then a matchup Vs 2 seed Illinois.

So Iowa initially loses to Q1 Illinois this weekend then follows it up with a Q2 and Q1 win followed by presumably another Q1 loss.

That leaves Iowa at 20-14 overall. 4-10 in Q1 games and 6-3 in Q2 games. That’s probably going to push them more towards an 11 seed/R68 game but I still think they’re in.

Did some re evaluation + results from last night. Now have Seton Hall in the field. I can’t see a team with 6 Q1 teams being left out.

Colorado 11
Utah St 11
Virginia 11
Iowa 11
FAU FFO
Utah FFO
A&M FFO
Butler FFO
Providence NFO
Miss NFO
Cincy NFO
Ohio St NFO
VA Tech Work to do
Richmond Work to do
Syracuse Work to do
Kansas St Work to do

The Illinois game is yuge. Yuge, I tell ya.
A couple things missing, Mid major teams on your list>Drake, Indiana State, James Madison, Memphis , South florida and possibly Richmond. Also there is no way in heck that Florida Atlantic is behind Iowa. Most experts have them as a 9 or 10 seed.

A couple things missing, Mid major teams on your list>Drake, Indiana State, James Madison, Memphis , South florida and possibly Richmond. Also there is no way in heck that Florida Atlantic is behind Iowa. Most experts have them as a 9 or 10 seed

Memphis is firmly in the field. The other teams mentioned simply don’t have the quality of wins to catch my attention. 26 wins with 20 of those wins vs Q3 and Q4 opponents won’t likely get the job done.

We will have to agree to disagree on FAU. 2 Q4 losses put a blemish on a decent, albeit not great resume. But who knows? I’ll change my mind 100 times before selection Sunday.

I’m almost hoping we don’t get in so I don’t have to listen to all the bitching when we lose in the first or second round😩🥲
Nope. I want them in and then I just won’t read all the crap when we lose!

Reactions: iahawks10
Minny finishing with a whimper, so no added Q1 win coming there. I also was rooting for NW, so last night in the B1G did not help.

Almost wish the team wasn't waiting more than a week to play Illannoy, because the offense was rolling. Let's hope Owen can avoid early reaching fouls in the first half, because we need him on the floor to compete with their front line. Dembele's minutes in this game could be very important. We can't have a lot of minutes with Krikke and Patrick both on the floor, or we will get murdered on the boards.

All that said, I think we have a good shot at winning this game.

I’m almost hoping we don’t get in so I don’t have to listen to all the bitching when we lose in the first or second round😩🥲
Nope. I want them in and then I just won’t read all the crap when we lose!
Why lose? Win the whole ****ing thing!!
screen-shot-2017-06-14-at-1-37-37-pm.jpg

Memphis is firmly in the field. The other teams mentioned simply don’t have the quality of wins to catch my attention. 26 wins with 20 of those wins vs Q3 and Q4 opponents won’t likely get the job done.

We will have to agree to disagree on FAU. 2 Q4 losses put a blemish on a decent, albeit not great resume. But who knows? I’ll change my mind 100 times before selection Sunday.

Didn't FAU, a Final 4 team last season, have all five starters back this season? What happened?

Unless St. John's stumbles down the stretch, I think the committee is going to find a way to Pitino into the dance.

I think Iowa's path to the tournament is now pretty simple, not in difficulty but in theory. Beat Illinois and they're in. I am impressed with this teams determination and ability to stay together through adversity. Let's beat Illinois!
I would hate to beat Illinois and then turn around and lose the first game of the Big Ten Tournament

I would hate to beat Illinois and then turn around and lose the first game of the Big Ten Tournament
I’m sure it has been discussed. But what is the worst see in the Big Ten Tournament. Iowa can get if they win on Sunday.

Utah played its way out last night. If they beat Oregon on Saturday and win a couple games in PAC12 Tourney then they will be on the cutline again. PAC12 is another conference to watch for bid thieves mainly they only have 2-3 teams projected in. Also root for the Beavers against Colorado Saturday. If Oregon State wins that I might be a Big Beaver fan for life!

Reactions: Franisdaman
Better scenario then losing to Illinois. Beating Illinois probably puts us in by itself. Lose to Illinois and we might have to run the table in the BTT.

Reactions: jasonrann
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT