ADVERTISEMENT

Marion HS finally has their mascot

I preferred the “Marion Injuns”

monochrome-engine-of-motorcycle-vector-id859122590

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisVarick
Isn't that where Sam Okey was from?

Or was he from Dickeyville or Cassville?

Or did he go to high school at Giant Six-Pack of Old Style High in La Crosse?
Think it was Dickeyville. Very close to Dubuque.

They had a grocery there called Dick’s Market and you could get a “Dick’s Insider” card to get sale prices. I am not making that up - always cracked me up.

Reactions: TheCainer
Are there wolves in Iowa anymore?
Very, very occasionally. I know of one that was shot in SE Iowa about 5-7 years ago, I have actually seen the specimen, which was preserved via taxidermy and I think resides now in a public place in Van Buren County. I would say that one, or very few, pops up in Iowa every year or so.

It is thought that when they do make it here to Iowa that they have traveled here from Wisconsin or Minnesota, where there are places that they are fairly common.

They never had that logo when I was in the Metro area, but of course neither did K-State.

If you know, is KSU cool with it?
Apparently. They sure aren’t the U of I then. Hamilton High School in Hamilton, Michigan is the “Hawkeyes” (and black and gold) in honor of Iowa and the U of I came after them hard in the ‘90s for using the Tigerhawk. Apparently only City High gets to use it. Iowa is, of course, famously aggressive in defending its intellectual property (see the Southern Miss issue).

BTW, this is what the Hamilton Hawkeyes decided to change to (notice the Hawk’s head crest is an “H”)
60bfa534da00cee5f5fc1a649ed7472b.png

Reactions: SoonerBeAHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT