ADVERTISEMENT

Marriage advice

Tell her you feel like you are getting a little chunky and you need motivation. Then propose a weight loss contest. (or) Tell her you feel like both of you are living a little unhealthy right now and propose diet changes and exercise for both. Bottom line is you need to include yourself in this conversation, even if you are in the best shape of your life.

How do I tell the misses shes getting a little chunky?
A farmer friend of mine, married less than a year, told his bride he would move her and her stuff to the hog finishing unit if she started packing on the pounds. She received the message load and clear and never put on much weight (except during 3 pregnancies). They just celebrated their 39th anniversary and she still looks fine.

A "little" chunky is not the end of the world. Think
positive and remember that your wife has given you
more to love.

41rJXNvSPVL._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I don’t know. After 24 yrs Mrs. 93(no pic) is a little bigger than she was. Let me know what works though.

Reactions: Lurker1999
Do it all on your own and see if she joins. Join a gym, go Keto, and see if she follows along and wants to do it with you.

If she does then it works out for both of you to get into better shape.

If she says well have fun and grabs the Oreo's as you head to the gym then T&Ps my friend.

A farmer friend of mine, married less than a year, told his bride he would move her and her stuff to the hog finishing unit if she started packing on the pounds. She received the message load and clear and never put on much weight (except during 3 pregnancies). They just celebrated their 39th anniversary and she still looks fine.

I was hoping she moved her own stuff out of the house.

Tell her you feel like you are getting a little chunky and you need motivation. Then propose a weight loss contest. (or) Tell her you feel like both of you are living a little unhealthy right now and propose diet changes and exercise for both. Bottom line is you need to include yourself in this conversation, even if you are in the best shape of your life.
Yeah, cuz a women won’t see right through that. Lol.

I feel sorry for all those of you who do not have open and honest communication with your wives. However it is very telling as to why the divorce rate is so high. I am honest with my wife and as a result we both take care of ourselves.
In contrast I see so many who can not communicate with one another struggle and divorce. In addition both getting comfortable in their relationship and gaining weight over time, becoming less attractive to one another, etc. Then when divorced, quickly getting into fantastic shape so they can attract someone new.

I feel sorry for all those of you who do not have open and honest communication with your wives. However it is very telling as to why the divorce rate is so high. I am honest with my wife and as a result we both take care of ourselves.
In contrast I see so many who can not communicate with one another struggle and divorce. In addition both getting comfortable in their relationship and gaining weight over time, becoming less attractive to one another, etc. Then when divorced, quickly getting into fantastic shape so they can attract someone new.
giphy.gif

Of course open communication is great ... But when it comes to "weight" or "appearance" that's a slippery slope. Some people age differently than others. Nobody wants to be told "hey, you're getting fat." ... My better half and I have very open communication ... but both of our bodies are aging and never in a million years would I critique her body. I would encourage us both to eat healthier and take more bike rides, walks, etc. It's not my job to tell her if she is gaining weight ...

Reactions: 3boysmom

This is the correct answer

I believe the kids call it "Hire a laywer, delete Facebook, and hit the gym" today. It made a real difference in my smashing of strange shortly after my divorce. Installing Tinder also helped a ton.

The roles are reversed at our house. Mrs. Herk is tall and thin and works out all the time. I'm fat.

So I can tell you what Mrs. Herk says to motivate me.
  1. Yo, fat ass!!!
  2. Geez you breath hard.
  3. You have no portion control.
  4. All I do is enable you!!
  5. God damn it you're like you're like your mother.
  6. Walk, don't waddle!!!!
  7. I don't believe you're not diabetic!! You're living on barrowed time buster.
  8. You know your son is going to be a fat bastard too, right?
  9. JHC you're a sedentary SOB!!!
  10. Holy shit your cloths are big!!!!
  11. Do you want to barrow one of my bras?
  12. I'm not buying anything sweet.
  13. You were going to start working out with me 15 years ago.
  14. Get off me, I can't fugging breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do what my wife did to me, when I was trying to smash she said “nice try fattie”. Not really but you get the point. Start cutting back on the cuddling and working out yourself. She’ll get the point.

You have long arms?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT