ADVERTISEMENT

Max Duggan

moondog24

HR MVP
Oct 31, 2009
Just wondering, did Iowa ever offer a scholarship to Max Duggan? He was in the same class as Padilla. Iowa Gatorade Player of the Year, rated 2nd best recruit in Iowa, chose TCU over Georgia, Penn State, Notre Dame and Ohio State. Started after his 2nd game as a true freshman.

Just wondering, did Iowa ever offer a scholarship to Max Duggan? He was in the same class as Padilla. Iowa Gatorade Player of the Year, rated 2nd best recruit in Iowa, chose TCU over Georgia, Penn State, Notre Dame and Ohio State. Started after his 2nd game as a true freshman.
Yes they did. One of his first offers. Great kid.

Yes they did. One of his first offers. Great kid.
Yes they did and it sounded like he was very interested in the Univ of Iowa. We'll probably never find out but it appeared that after serious consideration, he and his family said "we just have no confidence in Iowa's offensive system or coaching".

And had he come to Iowa, he'd be sitting right where Padilla is sitting now.

Last edited:
I could easily be wrong on this but I thought there was something about him thinking he wouldn't fit Iowa's offense.

I was really hoping we would go after him when he was looking to leave after last season.

Yes they did and it sounded like he was very interested in the Univ of Iowa. We'll probably never find out but it appeared that after serious consideration, he and his family said "we just have no confidence in Iowa's offensive system or coaching".

Unfortunately I do believe Iowa's offensive system played a part. And he would probably be sitting behind one of the worst P5 QBS in the country. Just like one of the top receivers in country left.

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
In the Lounge a personal friend of Duggan’s said Iowa was the first to offer him but he actually showed much more interest in Iowa State before choosing TCU.

Betting the guy knew Iowa’s offense would limit him.

It sticks in my mind Maxx grew up a non-Hawkeye fan and made it clear he wanted to go out of state for college. I don't he considered the clones either.
My understanding is that he gave very strong consideration to ISU because of a relationship of some kind with one of the assistant coaches. But he would have come in when Purdy was a sophomore.

He's a good player.

Do you have a link for this load of BS?

My understanding is that he gave very strong consideration to ISU because of a relationship of some kind with one of the assistant coaches. But he would have come in when Purdy was a sophomore.

He's a good player.
Yes, he is a good player and may have beaten out Purdy.

Pretty much.

Why would he want to go to the quarterback grave yard that is the Iowa offense under BF?

Just be glad Nebraska didn’t get him

Might have finished 2nd in the recruiting battle
He would have been a difference maker there

I could easily be wrong on this but I thought there was something about him thinking he wouldn't fit Iowa's offense.

I was really hoping we would go after him when he was looking to leave after last season.
Yes. He wanted to actually be a dual threat quarterback.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT