ADVERTISEMENT

Mich PBP

reaction time has existed for most of ncaa wrestling’s history. have you ever seen a ref wait two seconds after a clean double leg to call a takedown.

how quickly can you pop back on your feet. circle? forward roll? it’s a fraction of a second. that’s reaction time.
How many seconds?
One-two. Doesn’t take very long.
If I’m so off base, tell me how many seconds. If not a silent 2-count as a rule-of-thumb for making the judgment, how
long?

VV can’t get out against Gomez, pathetic, again has done nothing against anyone with a pulse. Total BS he is getting matches. Rathjen beat him head to head, should be no argument to give him matches. Tom Brands must owe somebody something.

No offense is the Iowa way. Things won’t change under Tom either. The cult wrestling lifestyle is dying
Hate to say it but it's becoming more and more clear. People forget these guys are 4-5 years older than Gable was when he called it quits. Just not sure the constant pressure high octane offense message can be sent by a couple of 50+ year olds, no matter how intense they are.

Reactions: kkhawk and Chuck C
Anyone notice there is no one on the iowa bench for Franek's match? Maybe a butt chewing going on out back?

VV can’t get out against Gomez, pathetic, again has done nothing against anyone with a pulse. Total BS he is getting matches. Rathjen beat him head to head, should be no argument to give him matches. Tom Brands must owe somebody something.
Haha wtf are you rambling on about?
VV and Rathjen are both huge underdogs against Gomez. You do realize he's won of the most dangerous wrestlers not just at 149, but in the entire sport, right?

TNT put out the guy that had a better chance at keeping it to a decision.

Them clouds are really, really low right now.

4 matches, no TDs, #1 damn near got pinned.

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Probably should have gotten a pin. Looked like one to me.

Reactions: ikS
When is the last time 125-149 has been this bad for Iowa? Decades? Half a century?

After this Olympic cycle time to break the bank looking for Tom's successor. I can't believe I'm saying this, but we need a new direction. It's going to have to be a non-Iowa alum for things to change.
Pete Carroll situation.

Is he still a good coach? Sure, but he hasn’t adapted to the new style of wrestling and isn’t likely to at his age. It’s time to move on.

Haha wtf are you rambling on about?
VV and Rathjen are both huge underdogs against Gomez. You do realize he's won of the most dangerous wrestlers not just at 149, but in the entire sport, right?

TNT put out the guy that had a better chance at keeping it to a decision.
You mean like when Rathjen held Lovett to decision? Gimme a break , Rathjen earned the spot , VV has had plenty of opportunities and can’t score. It makes no sense not to give these matches to Rathjen. Or does not beating someone head to head mean nothing anymore?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT