ADVERTISEMENT

Mich PBP

The original comment was Kueter wouldn't wrestle against Davison or Kerk. And Davison almost beat Cass a couple times, he's not Kerk but he's dang good.
Totally with you dude. No worries . I use to play softball with his old man and uncle. We hit bombs. Ben is a freak athlete laying in the weeds.

Just got back from Minnesota.
Attended Grandson #4's wrestling meet.
What in the name of All That Is Holy happened tonight??????????????

apparently this was a joke, i missed it also.
it’s not a joke. they won’t be but that’s only because Mesenbrink is still ranked below Caliendo despite being the favorite. they will be ranked higher at the rest.

To summarize...125-157, zero TDs. Woods put on his back twice. Kennedy chose down. Allegedly the flu is going through the room. Glazier doing everything he can to prove everyone wrong.

Oh, and Tom has the peanut gallery calling for him to be fired 6 weeks early this year.

Congrats to Michigan as they were prepared and ready to go tonight. They have some good talent on that team. I'm really impressed with the freshman Sergio Lemly. 14-2/Pin against #1 Woods? Impressive showing.

Enjoy the win Wolverines! Heads up Hawkeyes. Lots of wrestling left this year.

The highlight for Iowa of the first half of matches was Woods propping himself in his elbows to prevent the pin.

• Sad
Reactions: Iron Doc
To summarize...125-157, zero TDs. Woods put on his back twice. Kennedy chose down. Allegedly the flu is going through the room. Glazier doing everything he can to prove everyone wrong.

Oh, and Tom has the peanut gallery calling for him to be fired 6 weeks early this year.
Thanks for the update.
Woods almost had to be still sick.
Hope the flu goes to The Abyss.

Dude..I've been calling for a coaching change before Spencer stepped foot on campus. Stop belittling us who see what you refuse to

I'm as big of TNT as anyone, but let's be honest. This coaching staff needs to evolve. PSU guys chain wrestle, have through the roof scrambling ability, and in March are always looking for a fall. I get they have a room full of top 5 p4p guys, but they are elevating each other. I just haven't seen that at Iowa since the Covid year.

I'm not calling for Brands's ouster, but I'd vote to see a higher percentage of his pay based on performance. He'd be down at least $100K tonight.
Won't happen buddy. And I'm probably logging off this board again until coaching changes. It's just a waste of time. This state fights change no matter how bad. Politics and coaching. Take care.

Thanks for the update.
Woods almost had to be still sick.
Hope the flu goes to The Abyss.
Maybe so, but Woods hasn’t really looked good all year. I’d say he’s either “hurt” or just doesn’t have the fire in his last year.

Pretty par for the course for this program.

Reactions: TNTwrestle
Dude..I've been calling for a coaching change before Spencer stepped foot on campus. Stop belittling us who see what you refuse to
I'm not. I've said it many time before as well as tonight. The problem with the program is Tom...but it's hard to fire a coach who wins nearly 90% of his dual meets and won a NCAA championship 3 years ago (it doesn't feel like it does it).

I just cant wait to watch the replay on BTN+ tomorrow. Putting a grades thread out is an F in itself.

It’s on Tom to admit he ain’t it and want better for his Alma mater. Only way he’s not HC is if he steps away.

I'm not. I've said it many time before as well as tonight. The problem with the program is Tom...but it's hard to fire a coach who wins nearly 90% of his dual meets and won a NCAA championship 3 years ago (it doesn't feel like it does it).
You can't carry major sports percentages into niche sports. The ability for iowa wrestling to reinvent itself night and day different from say Fran and basketball. The blueblood exists here. Iowa can get the right staff in place. We support like no other.

I'm as big of TNT as anyone, but let's be honest. This coaching staff needs to evolve. PSU guys chain wrestle, have through the roof scrambling ability, and in March are always looking for a fall. I get they have a room full of top 5 p4p guys, but they are elevating each other. I just haven't seen that at Iowa since the Covid year.
Watching PSU earlier and this Iowa team, it's night and day.

We're night.

Not even close.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT