ADVERTISEMENT

Mich PBP

I can’t remember last time Iowa got handled like this. This is foreign territory to see us lose our first 5 five matches.

I won’t say the sky is falling - but it’s been a little too gray. Michigan and Ohio State and PSU … even Missouri … boy we just don’t have those aggressive wrestlers … Lee was special to watch (sort of like Caitlin Clark)… Even with the 3 point take down amazing how low scoring we can be … New wrestling facility … most rabid fanbase … next year we need to take a big jump. Not just against the NWs and Ills … but we need to keep up and catch PSU and up and comers OSU and Michigan … Tonight was embarrassing …

Tough match for the Hawks tonight, a real head scratcher for sure. PSU likely works us over and what direction do they head from there, who knows? It’s been a long time since I’ve seen such an underwhelming performance from top to bottom. It’s like we never got off the bus tonight. Woof.

I can’t remember last time Iowa got handled like this. This is foreign territory to see us lose our first 5 five matches.

I won’t say the sky is falling - but it’s been a little too gray. Michigan and Ohio State and PSU … even Missouri … boy we just don’t have those aggressive wrestlers … Lee was special to watch (sort of like Caitlin Clark)… Even with the 3 point take down amazing how low scoring we can be … New wrestling facility … most rabid fanbase … next year we need to take a big jump. Not just against the NWs and Ills … but we need to keep up and catch PSU and up and comers OSU and Michigan … Tonight was embarrassing …
three point take down doesn’t help much if you can’t finish any.

They should turn their warmup tops inside out. This showing they don't deserve the Iowa name on their chest.

Let's not overlook that SG has a NCAA championship on his resume. He's not what he was in 2021 but he's still damn talented.
Especially when you wrestle right into his strength. Kennedy controlled the entire period. You aren't winning 1-0. We're so fuxking dumb.

Especially when you wrestle right into his strength. Kennedy controlled the entire period. You aren't winning 1-0. We're so fuxking dumb.
Taking down against SG should be a painfully learned lesson.

I'd say PK is going to struggle with any guy with that height advantage.

Well, embarrasing and unacceptable it was. Some nights aren't meant to be I suppose. But kudos to Michigan, they were hitting on all cylinders tonight. Both teams regressed past their mean, just opposite regression slopes. Hopefully it is a kick in the a$$ and we at least have a more respectable showing next week. Not throwing the towel in yet for 2nd place, but we clearly have our work cut out for 'us'.

Taking down against SG should be a painfully learned lesson.

I'd say PK is going to struggle with any guy with that height advantage.
Agree with the first, but it wasn't height per se that was the problem (he has done well against others who were taller), it was the height+former NC that was the tough combo.

Reactions: redghost1974
Trained thru the dual. Flu has been in the room. Finals week.
Full House Reaction GIF

The sky IS falling. Something is terribly wrong in that wrestling room. I have been a fanatical follower of Iowa wrestling since 1974.
What happened to Iowa's attacking style?
We used to ridicule other teams (Okie State) for stalling and running off the mat.
Our guys used to be relentless in their attacks, even against higher ranked opponents.

Aside from all that, wrestling has turned into a snooze fest. I should have my "wrestler's card" taken away from me for saying this, but I am to the point I would rather watch Caitlyn Clark play BB than watch another J. Franek wrestling match. I used to live for the Iowa telecasts on Iowa Public TV.

Wrestling officiating has become a joke.
Stalling has become an art form. Anyone who has ever wrestled can see that most of every match nowadays is spent in stall situations. Positions where you know neither wrestler will score from but they are locked into it for what seems forever.

For you younger Hawkeye wrestling fans, I would encourage you to go to Youtube and watch what Iowa wrestling used to be about.

Do a search for Royce Alger, Mark Ironside, The Brands Brothers, Barry Davis, the Banach bros if you want to see some pins, McElravy, and many others. The list goes on and on. I can spend an entire Sunday just watching those old matches, and they help me forget about the current state of Iowa Wrestling.

Finally, my most prized T-shirt that I still have from the 80's.
"Iowa Wrestling: #1 and Getting Better"

Move on. The two TBs go the other way, and the loss is by 1. Woods was shocking, but Lemley is no #19. Wolves were eager to avenge a heartbreaker to Bucks, and Ragusin, Gomez, Griffith, and Davison are top tier. Oh, and whatever happens the rest of the season, Glazier is your OW. Period. Also my hope for KC silver.
PSU took hits, too. Davis lost (no, ref, that’s a TD) to an unranked but stronger kid, Nagao got ragdolled a bit by another stronger guy, Carter looked gassed, and Truax got pinned.
Humility should inspire those humbled. Last night just means both teams are out for blood and redemption Friday in the dual of the year. Counting hours.

I'm 51 and I don't know if there's been a time in my lifetime when all of Iowa's men's sports were this f*cking lifeless. Football. MBB. Wrestling. Just f*cking limp. Unreal.
All?
Quite a change from last weeks "possible" he beats Haines, just saying.
Channge of subject.. Michigan pbp? Very little pbp--mostly bitching.. No matter what the score pbp is what many want and need and we thank you that do it.

Reactions: Lambertt
I'm 51 and I don't know if there's been a time in my lifetime when all of Iowa's men's sports were this f*cking lifeless. Football. MBB. Wrestling. Just f*cking limp. Unreal.
All? FB-BB-Wrestling are not all.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT