ADVERTISEMENT

Midlands Finals Thread

Real great offense there Lujan! Assad ain’t ready for prime time yet, but Lujan took one shot maybe? Assad took about four or five?

Assad did get pretty dang close to one but was just a little ways off. To make it seem like he was never in it is disingenuous.

On the scoring record it is probably important to note how weak Midlands has gotten. I am sure better teams from Iowa have gone to this tournament, not to take away from breaking the record though, that is still cool.

Assad did get pretty dang close to one but was just a little ways off. To make it seem like he was never in it is disingenuous.

On the scoring record it is probably important to note how weak Midlands has gotten. I am sure better teams from Iowa have gone to this tournament, not to take away from breaking the record though, that is still cool.

Well, to even it out we sat two likely champions.

Reactions: wasdt21
apparently AA never got a sniff of a takedown?
What? He had several nice shots and got caught in scrambles and couldn't finish, and actually gave up the only takedown because he got outmaneuvered by a veteran. He really looked pretty good I thought. Stayed active, just couldn't finish, although he came very close and they threw the brick, but they didn't review it for whatever the reason. He didn't win but he wrestled ok I think.

My god Brucki from Princeton must spend all of the time that he’s not in the library in the weight room. He’s jacked...big ass 197!!!

Thanks Captain Obvious.

Everyone knows where Iowa is going to be. They don't control who wants to show up.

Real great offense there Lujan! Assad ain’t ready for prime time yet, but Lujan took one shot maybe? Assad took about four or five?

I honestly can't fathom not taking a single shot in a wrestling match. I wrestled thousands of matches in my life granted none at the D1 level, but I don't think there's been a single match where I didn't take a shot lol. wtf is wrong with some of these guys.

That's a rough final 4 periods of wrestling for Warner, but better than his midlands the last 2 years and he bounced back.

Reactions: TarpHawk
I honestly can't fathom not taking a single shot in a wrestling match. I wrestled thousands of matches in my life granted none at the D1 level, but I don't think there's been a single match where I didn't take a shot lol. wtf is wrong with some of these guys.
Same here, I thought the idea was to score.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT