ADVERTISEMENT

****Minny vs Iowa Game Thread****

Minnesota is only ahead of Nebraska. Let’s not act like Bohannon is playing lock down D and that it will continue the rest of the season. It won’t. We have 6 years of proof.

No, but JBo and the rest of the team played real good defense in the second half today. Let’s appreciate today’s effort and worry about the other rest of the season tomorrow.

I thought PMAC and Keegan and Kris were good combination in 2nd half. Ulis played good defense but still limited on offense. Sorry to see JoeT put into deep freeze on bench.

JBO played better defensively 2nd half, but he still not shooting very well. Sandfort needs to play some guard.

I thought PMAC and Keegan and Kris were good combination in 2nd half. Ulis played good defense but still limited on offense. Sorry to see JoeT put into deep freeze on bench.

JBO played better defensively 2nd half, but he still not shooting very well. Sandfort needs to play some guard.

Sandfort definitely needs more minutes

he just brings it

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Minnesota is only ahead of Nebraska. Let’s not act like Bohannon is playing lock down D and that it will continue the rest of the season. It won’t. We have 6 years of proof.
Just giving credit when it's due. He doesn't play defense like that very often! I thought Willis would eat him alive but instead he seemed frustrated.

Eff it...

george-jefferson-dance-o.gif

we have no idea on what's going on with Joe

why be mad when you simply don't know what's going on?
Because we know he was healthy enough to play and play well in the first half which means he should have started the game. The second half, we'll see what the deal was there. Absolutely no excuse for not starting Joe T in this ballgame, though.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft
Because we know he was healthy enough to play and play well in the first half which means he should have started the game. The second half, we'll see what the deal was there. Absolutely no excuse for not starting Joe T in this ballgame, though.
Add in Kris not starting. It will look pretty bad if Joe T and Kris transfer out after this season because Fran is too stubborn to play the best players. JBo has had five years in the program, his time is over and the future is Joe, Aaron, Tony, Kris, and Peyton. They need to be playing the majority of the minutes. Everyone can see this but Fran and the staff. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for those guys.

Add in Kris not starting. It will look pretty bad if Joe T and Kris transfer out after this season because Fran is too stubborn to play the best players. JBo has had five years in the program, his time is over and the future is Joe, Aaron, Tony, Kris, and Peyton. They need to be playing the majority of the minutes. Everyone can see this but Fran and the staff. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for those guys.
Iowa would lose every game if that group played the majority of the minutes.

Reactions: NI hawk
It’s really good to see that he got out of that slump where he was really playing lost and forcing things. He’s now playing under control and not pressing.
I don’t think it was a slump so much as a learning curve. He’s adjusting to what works and he’s not forcing 3’s. Really another brilliant game by him.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
I hope Kris and Toussaint leave for a school that appreciates their ability. Their lack of play this year is criminal.

Iowa would lose every game if that group played the majority of the minutes.

With Keegan? You aren’t very bright.
You didn't mention Keegan or PMac or Rebraca. Iowa wouldn't win most their games without those three. So you must not be very bright, by your own admission.

All of the experienced players add something, but it's using all the assets of the team that can make it great. If you want to tank a team fast, only play the youngets players. If you want a team to win and get better, play the players who are producing on both ends. Do I agree with everything the Iowa staff does? No. But saying something like you did is just idiotic. And you doubled down with your reply.

You didn't mention Keegan or PMac or Rebraca. Iowa wouldn't win most their games without those three. So you must not be very bright, by your own admission.

All of the experienced players add something, but it's using all the assets of the team that can make it great. If you want to tank a team fast, only play the youngets players. If you want a team to win and get better, play the players who are producing on both ends. Do I agree with everything the Iowa staff does? No. But saying something like you did is just idiotic. And you doubled down with your reply.
Keegan will be gone next year guy. That’s why it is imperative these guys get as much time and experience as possible. Play today but also for the future.

Keegan will be gone next year guy. That’s why it is imperative these guys get as much time and experience as possible. Play today but also for the future.
Not at the expense of Keegan, PMac and Rebraca. This year has a lot of potential to still be a good one. That's all I am saying.

The youth you mentioned (except Joe, who is not inexperienced!) will get their minutes. As far as Joe goes, there has to be some reason why he isn't playing as much. I fear that he is injured or sick and they don't want to announce it. I hope either way he eventually plays himself into more minutes because he definitely gives it his all.

Not at the expense of Keegan, PMac and Rebraca. This year has a lot of potential to still be a good one. That's all I am saying.

The youth you mentioned (except Joe, who is not inexperienced!) will get their minutes. As far as Joe goes, there has to be some reason why he isn't playing as much. I fear that he is injured or sick and they don't want to announce it. I hope either way he eventually plays himself into more minutes because he definitely gives it his all.
Fran has moved JBo back to point because he thinks that’s best for him. Personally, think he needs to come off the bench, to give breaks to Joe T, Ulis, and Perkins. They are more athletic, can defend, and create their own shot which JBo is not doing in his 6th year. I agree about Keegan, PMac, and somewhat on Philip as Kris is the second best player on the court and should be starting at the 3 or 5.

Fran has moved JBo back to point because he thinks that’s best for him. Personally, think he needs to come off the bench, to give breaks to Joe T, Ulis, and Perkins. They are more athletic, can defend, and create their own shot which JBo is not doing in his 6th year. I agree about Keegan, PMac, and somewhat on Philip as Kris is the second best player on the court and should be starting at the 3 or 5.
Kris is still up and down. When he's on, he deserves 20-30 minutes. When not, 15-20. But he is getting better, for sure. He should be the first one off the bench to play the 3 inside positions and should average as much as a starter (20-30 mpg) IMHO.

Regarding JoBo, I can understand him getting minutes because he does attract attention but when he is not on (airballs?), then getting someone else in there to hound on defense is great. JoBo will not be at Iowa next year so his time will only be an issue or a blessing for a few more months. In the meantime, I would bet that he'll be a lightning rod for discussion. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT