ADVERTISEMENT

Morningstar on WUW

natchrlman

HR Heisman
Jul 10, 2003
Pretty good episode……lots of great stories….. I have a feeling they’ll have some more wrestlers on

As far as Kueter sounds like the plan is to wrestle him (when he’s ready) later in Big Season and not rush into lineup soon as football season is over

Seems like about the only way to make it work…… sounds like he’ll be bulking up this year…… they were talking getting him up around 250

Pretty good episode……lots of great stories….. I have a feeling they’ll have some more wrestlers on

As far as Kueter sounds like the plan is to wrestle him (when he’s ready) later in Big Season and not rush into lineup soon as football season is over

Seems like about the only way to make it work…… sounds like he’ll be bulking up this year…… they were talking getting him up around 250
online somewhere?

Until they can find out how to keep guys healthy, and get them peaking in March, they aren't doing a good job.
And I would love to see some top tier talent be brought into the room that didn't wrestle at Iowa. I think it would be nice to get a fresh perspective from an NCAA champ or two with different experiences from different programs. Clearly TNT are doing most things exceptionally well or we wouldn't finish where we do each year. But there's always room for improvement and perhaps some fresh perspectives would help.

Shocker. A positive thread being overrun by the common complainers on their high horses.

saturday night live snl GIF

I assume that rules out playing linebacker. Great for wrestling.

Reactions: el dub
I assume that rules out playing linebacker. Great for wrestling.
time will tell…… 250 isn’t unheard of at inside linebacker…… Jack Campbell was close to that

or he could grow into a DE…… DE’s are paid better than LB’s in the NFL

they were talking about his frame being capable of carrying a lot more weight than he is now…… and I can’t think
of a better place to put on quality weight than in the Hawkeye football strength and conditioning program

time will tell…… 250 isn’t unheard of at inside linebacker…… Jack Campbell was close to that

they were talking about his frame being capable of carrying a lot more weight than he is now…… and I can’t think
of a better place to put on quality weight than in the Hawkeye football strength and conditioning program
Very true. For the sake of being a HWT I hope he ends up on the d-line. Football pays well though.

Reactions: natchrlman
Which part did you like? The 1 seeds both being injured and losing? Our can't miss stud at 65 failing to AA? Our returning finalist at 197 getting 5th?
Yeah, we definitely had some lows in last year's tournament, but I don't think we can pin all of that on the coaching staff. That said, I do think we need better talent in the room to challenge our middle and upper weights. Aside from Big Tony, the offense coming from 49-HWT has been pretty much non-existent against the top 20-30 level wrestlers. Sure our guys can light it up against the small school kids, but I'm thinking that if you're a top 10 wrestler you should be able to score points against those outside the top 25. And our problem much of the time in my opinion is that we don't even try to score, rather we hang around in hopes of a one-TD match.

I've always guessed he'd end up at DE. He reminds me of Aaron Kampman who made the same transition here.

He will be spending many years at Iowa, not just his freshman year. And he's not going to be 250 as a true freshman.
He wrestled 220lbs. Morningstar stated he had a frame to put on weight. He will be in the Iowa football strength program. Would you like to make a wager?

He will be spending many years at Iowa, not just his freshman year. And he's not going to be 250 as a true freshman.
I kinda viewed him as a Jack Campbell 2.0 starter kit….he’s definitely going to fill that frame out

Which part did you like? The 1 seeds both being injured and losing? Our can't miss stud at 65 failing to AA? Our returning finalist at 197 getting 5th?
What I like and am optimistic about is that when pretty much everything related to the Hawkeye wrestling program fell apart after Spencer lost in the semis our coaching staff has picked itself up by its bootstraps and gone to work. They picked up two AA transfers along with two other solid transfers in Victor Voinovich and Joey Cruz. They also got a commitment from the number 1 recruit in the country. It seems like they have opened up a bit of a Cali pipeline getting 3X CA champ Estrada and appear hard at work in recruiting other top tier CA talent. What’ve you accomplished since March?

Last edited:
Give him a couple years, sure. But he’s a lean and athletic guy who just wrestled 213 less than 2 months ago. He’s not going to be 250 come fall football camp.
Who said football camp? You are making that up.

NFL average for a linebacker is 240lbs. 250lbs as a true freshman would have him on a different trajectory. Might be too difficult for you to process.
I think this is why we thought you were suggesting 250 as a true freshman …..

You said true freshman. That marks his true freshman season. Going to take some time to get him to 250.
I know what a true freshman is. He has a whole football and wrestling season plus more. It doesn't end at the start of football camp.

I know what a true freshman is. He has a whole football and wrestling season plus more. It doesn't end at the start of football camp.

Oh. Well that’s different then since football (hence playing LB) is long over by the end of wrestling season.

Regardless, he’s not packing on 30 lbs of muscle while playing football and wrestling.

Reactions: Hawkgma and js8793
Oh. Well that’s different then since football (hence playing LB) is long over by the end of wrestling season.

Regardless, he’s not packing on 30 lbs of muscle while playing football and wrestling.
Whatever. You do you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT