ADVERTISEMENT

Moscow Mitch finally speaking truth

I believe Mitch and other prominent Republicans rode the Trump Train as far as they could and are now looking to jump off of it with the hope of a safe landing. They are hoping that he does not or is not able to run again and they can distance themselves from the mess he has created.

Fudge that enabler!
tenor.gif

If he gets the votes to convict it will be good long term for the party.

The Trump cultists will pitch a fit but they are a cult and the only thing they have to unite around is their leader. The problem is that Trump will lose all interest in his cult the second he doesn't stand anything to gain from it.

He also went on to say that biden has no mandate.... like trump did in losing the popular vote
He also said that biden said he would be a leader for all americans, so he better not do anything mitch doesn't like. As if the president should be anything other that a leader for all americans, like this is a unique/wild claim..

He also went on to say that biden has no mandate.... like trump did in losing the popular vote
He also said that biden said he would be a leader for all americans, so he better not do anything mitch doesn't like. As if the president should be anything other that a leader for all americans, like this is a unique/wild claim..
Well it’s not like Mitch is gonna STOP being an asshole just because he did the right thing once in four years. 🙄

They will have to do more than hope...

That is why I believe Mitch is contemplating impeachment. I am not sure he will follow through, but I do believe he would like to do it to get Trump out of the Republican Party. The concern for Mitch is how many of the 75M people who voted for Trump can they retain if the Senate does follow through.

Reactions: seam

Biden should be a leader for all Americans as he said. . . but Mitch is 100% wrong that Biden has no mandate. The Dems kept control of the house and took control of the senate albeit narrowly.

That said I think for the most part Biden's mandate is mostly to fix all the shit that Trump broke. In terms of actually pushing forward his own agenda that is new. . . there isn't much there.

That is why I believe Mitch is contemplating impeachment. I am not sure he will follow through, but I do believe he would like to do it to get Trump out of the Republican Party. The concern for Mitch is how many of the 75M people who voted for Trump can they retain if the Senate does follow through.
This is the easiest Impeachment case in history. Guilty AF

As long as I am right and Trump is too disinterested to form a MAGA party, I would say they would keep most of them.

This is sort of the thing I have said about democrats before too. . . where are they gonna go? They going to vote for Democrats now? No. . . They going to just quit voting and in so doing just hand the Dems uncontested control of the government? I think probably not. Maybe a few take their ball and go home. But I think most still turn out and vote R.

Reactions: seam
I agree, but I have been anti-Trump for a while. Hopefully, we will never see such a slam dunk case as I hope we elect better leaders in the future.
Anyone with a functioning brain sees it, I know we have millions who turned theirs off, anti Trump or not the evidence so overwhelming you just have to literally watch him speak.

Reactions: Torg
If Mitch is flipping on Trump, it’s not because he found his conscience, it’s because it benefits him/GOP. That makes me nervous.
This is the perfect reflection of how Trump handles relationships. He bails on people when it's convenient. Mitch got what he could out of Trump, and he's trying to pull the rip cord before the GOP is consumed by the MAGATs.

True, but REALLY hard to say that after last year.

These days I'm quite frankly not surprised by the mental gymnastics the Republicans put on to defend their enabling of Trump.

So while I'm cautiously optimistic that it sounds like at least McConnell and a few other R's will vote to convict, at the same time I would have no surprise at all of McConnell pulls a fast one and claims that Trump learned his lesson and he isn't even POTUS anymore anyway, so no need to punish him, the American people will judge him yada yada yada.

I think the play now from some Rs, and you've started to hear it, is claim Trump did bad things but we don't feel it's right to convict/disqualify him after his term has ended. That's their out this time for voting no.

This is the perfect reflection of how Trump handles relationships. He bails on people when it's convenient. Mitch got what he could out of Trump, and he's trying to pull the rip cord before the GOP is consumed by the MAGATs.

For this one brief moment what's best for the country does coincide with what is best for the GOP.

I think it is very clear that Mitch is comfortable with Trump being excised from the GOP, and action being taken that will exclude him from returning to the WH.
Side note, we all know Mitch is s detestable human being, but, I saw that he has accepted Joe Biden's invitation to attend church with him before the inauguration. That could be a bit of a signal.

Mitch can't worry about the 75M right now,.. He has to disarm Trump by removing his eligibility for holding public office,.. Party first.

Reactions: mooresville hawk
I think it is very clear that Mitch is comfortable with Trump being excised from the GOP, and action being taken that will exclude him from returning to the WH.
Side note, we all know Mitch is s detestable human being, but, I saw that he has accepted Joe Biden's invitation to attend church with him before the inauguration. That could be a bit of a signal.

Well now that he's in the minority he wants unity of course.

That said unity does come with accountability and holding Trump accountable via a vote to convict would be a great first step towards unifying the country more.

If Trump is convicted. . . I hope Rush Limbaugh will be alive to see it. As much as I hate having him continue on the air, I love the thought of him seeing his movement get destroyed.

If Trump is convicted. . . I hope Rush Limbaugh will be alive to see it. As much as I hate having him continue on the air, I love the thought of him seeing his movement get destroyed.

Whatever the "movement" is it isn't going to be destroyed by any of this...

Mitch can't worry about the 75M right now,.. He has to disarm Trump by removing his eligibility for holding public office,.. Party first.
Haha, not in the me first party. I just don't see 17 other republican senators getting on board, fear of MAGAT revenge and will be too much. Self preservation first

Haha, not in the me first party. I just don't see 17 other republican senators getting on board, fear of MAGAT revenge and will be too much. Self preservation first

Faced with a quick amputation or watching the gangrene set in, I think Mitch tries to navigate the former...

Doesn't absolve him of his part in propping up Trump for 4 years - but it is a start.

Wonder if this is a sign he might vote against Trump in the Senate trial.

I think he will because it is his path back to power. Not because he actually cares about the consequences of what Trump did.

I'll go to my deathbed believing that The Turtle never liked DT Barnum. But, The Turtle viewed DT Barnum as so malleable that The Turtle could effectively "use" him to promote policies and issues held near and dear to the The Turtle's heart (i.e. tax reform, court packing, etc.) The Turtle has been, IMO, the most powerful person in D.C. for the last 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT