ADVERTISEMENT

MS-13 Gang Member and Convicted Killer caught with Caravan

Assuage my curiosity, are you able to detail for us how your great grandmother immigrated here legally?

I should have said Grandparents. It’s a bit complicated. I did a little research to make sure I got the dates correct. My great grandfather Bedardo Torres, his wife Maria and their son, Joseph (4) legally immigrated to the US in 1918 from Silao, Gto, Mexico. From what I understand, the need for farm and manual labor was in high demand. Immigration was much easier in that time. Mexicans were exempt from the govt established quotas back then. Shortly after they arrived in Avoca, IA in 1918, Maria died of the flu epidemic. Bedardo went back to Mexico and married his new bride, Constancia. Since they were married, she was able to return to the US with him legally. My grandmother was then born in Avoca in 1921.

Reactions: Rudolph
I should have said Grandparents. It’s a bit complicated. I did a little research to make sure I got the dates correct. My great grandfather Bedardo Torres, his wife Maria and their son, Joseph (4) legally immigrated to the US in 1918 from Silao, Gto, Mexico. From what I understand, the need for farm and manual labor was in high demand. Immigration was much easier in that time. Mexicans were exempt from the govt established quotas back then. Shortly after they arrived in Avoca, IA in 1918, Maria died of the flu epidemic. Bedardo went back to Mexico and married his new bride, Constancia. Since they were married, she was able to return to the US with him legally. My grandmother was then born in Avoca in 1921.
Get your chain-migrant anchor-baby ms-13 rapey-murdery ass out of my country!

Mexico_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Last edited:
I can’t believe no one else has posted this yet. So....Trump was right???

With full disclosure, I am 25% Mexican. My great grandmother immigrated here legally in the early 1900’s. I am 100% in favor of significantly tightening our border. 100% in favor of building a wall, or coming up with a way to stop the flow of illegal immigrants. 100% against sanctuary cities and 100% in favor of deporting illegals. And I did not vote for Trump nor do I want him as our president.

I am in favor of LEGAL immigration with strict controls on the volume. I agree that we have jobs here that many US Citizens do not want and that we need more workers. This can be controlled through proper immigration techniques. As for refugees seeking asylum? The US cannot be the only place acceptable for asylum. I’d love to see the US partner with Mexico to make Mexico either part of the US, or aid in controlling their crime. If Mexico really wanted it, the US could send it’s military in and completely wipe out the cartels. We have that kind of miliatary might.

As a US Citizen, what I can’t stand is illegals getting any type of US Govt funding, costing tax payers money for schools, aid, etc. Driving illegally without a license or insurance as well as committing other crimes and walking away.

Luckily these two were caught. I think NOT allowing immediate asylum to this caravan and making them wait was the right thing to do. So far we’ve caught two. I am sure there are more, however even if it was just one, delaying their asylum was the right thing to do.

Another thing I find amazing. Google search for the story finds this being covered by Fox, the LA Times, Washington Examiner, AOL, New York Post and Breitbart. There are a few other local news outlets in AZ and CA that ran the story. Searching CNN and MSNBC - zilch.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow...after-crossing-u-s-border-20181130-story.html
So . . . let me see if I understand.

In a large group of people, a couple of them turned out to be crooks or thugs.

This is big news, why?

No one has ever denied the statistical probability that there will be a few bad apples in any large-enough group.

What is despicable is NOT that the responsible press isn't covering this like it's a big deal, but that anyone is covering it like its a big deal. That's not journalism. That's propaganda and dishonest news.

I totally agree, but it is almost like no wealthy donors are pushing their politicians to make that move. Bizarre stuff, I wonder why?

Cuz that drywall aint gonna hang itself and those tomatoes ain't gonna pick themselves.

Reactions: littlez
Yeah you are. Just try to back up your point that 75% of illegals vote for Ds or anyone at all. The gauntlet has been dropped. Put up or shut up.
You're quibbling over the numbers, but ignoring that the principle is dead accurate.

1. I didn't say 75% of illegals vote.

2. Latinos - the overwhelming representatives among illegal immigrants - are well documented to lean heavily Democrat. This is a known fact. If I need to validate this point for you then you're nowhere close to as intelligent as I think you are. I estimate 75%. It varies a bit from election to election, but I think 75% iis every bit as accurate as your number in point 3 below.

3. It is a fact that more than 0 (your number) of illegals vote. It's well documented. If I need to validate this, then you have far less common sense than I think you do.

4. Now the ONLY part you can even possibly quibble with is that I am making the assumption that the illegal immigrants who do vote are likely to vote similarly to their culture group and that any disparity is likely to be a higher lean towards Democrats.

And don't leave your mitten laying there. Baby, it's cold outside.

So your ancestors would be illegal today. Isn't that something? If legality is your issue, we could simply make the illegals, legal now.

You're quibbling over the numbers, but ignoring that the principle is dead accurate.

2. Latinos - the overwhelming representatives among illegal immigrants - are well documented to lean heavily Democrat. This is a known fact. If I need to validate this point for you then you're nowhere close to as intelligent as I think you are. I estimate 75%. It varies a bit from election to election, but I think 75% iis every bit as accurate as your number in point 3 below.

3. It is a fact that more than 0 (your number) of illegals vote. It's well documented. If I need to validate this, then you have far less common sense than I think you do.

4. Now the ONLY part you can even possibly quibble with is that I am making the assumption that the illegal immigrants who do vote are likely to vote similarly to their culture group and that any disparity is likely to be a higher lean towards Democrats.

I don't see why you lie when your post is so easy to find. Consider yourself owned.
Lol that statement is the politics of the left because illegals vote left 75% of the time. This is basically the fox saying the henhouse doesn't need a door.

So your ancestors would be illegal today. Isn't that something? If legality is your issue, we could simply make the illegals, legal now.

Newsflash, it’s not 1920 anymore. My ancestors followed the laws.

Is your solution to grant amnesty to every illegal in the US? If so, then where does it end?

Reactions: obfuscating

Thank you. Am I reading this correctly? They simply moved in to the US, presumably after passing directly through a border?

Wow, what incredible nonsense. Shifted from 75% of the illegal votes are for ads to simply 75% of legal, Hispanic votes are.

You literally just admitted you want to curtail Hispanic voting, presumably your purpose in targeting their illegal immigration.

Well done.

Is your solution to grant amnesty to every illegal in the US? If so, then where does it end?

If course, but laws helping them could be used today. You used your ancestors to make a point, a point you now appear to admit is rather invalid. You chose to do that, no one else.

Yes, amnesty is the only solution. My point is you are high and mighty about your status know all along you are guilty of the same offence you blame the illegals for. You got yours and now you want to pull up the ladder behind you. Newsflash, we still need that labor which you point to as the reason for your own legal status. There is nothing inherently wrong about violating the immigration laws, its entirely an invented offense. Further its an offence the immigrants aren't committing, but one committed by the American voters.

Thank you. Am I reading this correctly? They simply moved in to the US, presumably after passing directly through a border?

I can’t say I know all of the details as it was over 100 years ago. Both by great grandfather and grandmother had passed before I was born. Now, both my grandmother and grandfather have passed. I would love to have all of their stories written down and saved. I don’t think the border crossing areas now, are anything like what they were in the early 1900’s. What I do know is that the border with Mexico was fairly fluid back then. The US wasn’t overly concerned with Mexican’s coming and staying. Many returned to Mexico during the Great Depression. From what I’ve read on the topic, the US was more concerned with European immigration than immigration from the southern border.

Yes, amnesty is the only solution. My point is you are high and mighty about your status know all along you are guilty of the same offence you blame the illegals for. You got yours and now you want to pull up the ladder behind you. Newsflash, we still need that labor which you point to as the reason for your own legal status. There is nothing inherently wrong about violating the immigration laws, its entirely an invented offense. Further its an offence the immigrants aren't committing, but one committed by the American voters.

I’ll differ a bit. Of course times and circumstances change and debate over immigration policy can and should take place.

But those in hypocritical positions (op, Trump, Lahren, the guy pushing the original Trump policy that I forgot his name) should understand and debate their hypocrisy, and the reasons for it. Instead, they say things like the OP did, or Lahren (I think) bitching about people not speaking English, when her own relatives spoke German for years in the US. That is hypocrisy that demands to be called out.

If course, but laws helping them could be used today. You used your ancestors to make a point, a point you now appear to admit is rather invalid. You chose to do that, no one else.

My point remains the same. What worked 100 years ago does not work today.

I’ll differ a bit. Of course times and circumstances change and debate over immigration policy can and should take place.

But those in hypocritical positions (op, Trump, Lahren, the guy pushing the original Trump policy that I forgot his name) should understand and debate their hypocrisy, and the reasons for it. Instead, they say things like the OP did, or Lahren (I think) bitching about people not speaking English, when her own relatives spoke German for years in the US. That is hypocrisy that demands to be called out.
This doesn't read like we have much to differ about.

The laws have changed over the last 100 years. So has this country, technology, and everything else. Your ignoring the fact that what my ancestors did was LEGAL.

The laws have changed over the last 100 years. So has this country, technology, and everything else. Your ignoring the fact that what my ancestors did was LEGAL.

Nobody has ignored that. You are using it to make a non-valid point, but refuse to accept that and further the discussion.

Reactions: naturalmwa
While you're ignoring the fact that we could simply make the immigrants legal today with positive effects for all. Why don't you support that instead of pulling up the ladder?

How would it not work? And how is making what your grandparents did illegal, working now?

At some point, the US would not be able to handle the flow of immigrants. I think I read the number in the early 1900’s was 3 million legal immigrants per year. I think we are right about 1 million today. I would rather have controlled immigration with a number that everyone is comfortable with. However, I firmly believe that we need to take care of the current poor, homelesss and mentally ill US citizens.

At some point, the US would not be able to handle the flow of immigrants. I think I read the number in the early 1900’s was 3 million legal immigrants per year. I think we are right about 1 million today. I would rather have controlled immigration with a number that everyone is comfortable with. However, I firmly believe that we need to take care of the current poor, homelesss and mentally ill US citizens.
You do realize that immigration is the key to taking care of all those things. We face a labor shortage. The only reason we can still pay for all those programs is because we have tax payers lining up to get in here. As someone with a family history of coming here to pay taxes, you should appreciate the worth of immigrants. They are a positive. Additionally, you just pointed out we have the capacity to take many more than we do today.

While you're ignoring the fact that we could simply make the immigrants legal today with positive effects for all. Why don't you support that instead of pulling up the ladder?

I would support amnesty if we had a way to control the illegal immigration. Otherwise we would continue to have the same problem year after year. Do we grant amnesty year after year too?

I would support amnesty if we had a way to control the illegal immigration. Otherwise we would continue to have the same problem year after year. Do we grant amnesty year after year too?
We have a very easy way to control it, just go back to the 1900 laws. Problems solved for zero cost. Illegal immigration is mostly and invented problem of our own making.

You do realize that immigration is the key to taking care of all those things. We face a labor shortage. The only reason we can still pay for all those programs is because we have tax payers lining up to get in here. As someone with a family history of coming here to pay taxes, you should appreciate the worth of immigrants. They are a positive. Additionally, you just pointed out we have the capacity to take many more than we do today.

I agree we have SOME capacity. I am pro-immigration. I do not want to close the borders. The number of legal immigrants coming to the US was around 1 million per year under President Obama. Why do we need to be a higher number now?

I agree we have SOME capacity. I am pro-immigration. I do not want to close the borders. The number of legal immigrants coming to the US was around 1 million per year under President Obama. Why do we need to be a higher number now?
Because we have a demographics problem. Our native population isn't having enough babies to replace themselves. We need the immigrants that we have classified as illegal to keep up with growth.

We have a very easy way to control it, just go back to the 1900 laws. Problems solved for zero cost. Illegal immigration is mostly and invented problem of our own making.

Do you really think it’s that simple? Do you think life in Mexico, Columbia, Venezuela is the same now as it was 100 years ago? The world population has tripled over the last 100 years. The US doesn’t have to save everyone.

Because we have a demographics problem. Our native population isn't having enough babies to replace themselves. We need the immigrants that we have classified as illegal to keep up with growth.

I’m not so sure I agree with that. We don’t always need to grow, do we? Eventually we (the world) will grow ourselves right into extinction.

Do you really think it’s that simple? Do you think life in Mexico, Columbia, Venezuela is the same now as it was 100 years ago? The world population has tripled over the last 100 years. The US doesn’t have to save everyone.
Broad strokes? Sure, it's pretty simple. Immigrants come here for a job. If there are jobs to fill, they come more, if not, they go home. Recent history shows that pretty clearly. Let the free market take care of this. What fact do you think has changed in 100 years that makes my solution invalid. Can you think of one?

Just saying the world is different so the US can't absorb 1/3 of the immigrants it did a century ago won't cut it as an argument. We need more people today because we need more tax payers today. And our native taxpayers are dying off without being replaced. Now that's a real problem that immigrants solve. If we don't ramp up immigration, our retirements are going to be pretty shit.

I’m not so sure I agree with that. We don’t always need to grow, do we? Eventually we (the world) will grow ourselves right into extinction.
Oh yes, just google what happens when economies contract. I don't want any part of that future. With our military war would be our answer. Immigrants are a far better solution that actually make life better for us. Why would you even oppose that solution?

Wow, what incredible nonsense. Shifted from 75% of the illegal votes are for ads to simply 75% of legal, Hispanic votes are.

You literally just admitted you want to curtail Hispanic voting, presumably your purpose in targeting their illegal immigration.

Well done.
LMAO. I am hispanic bitch. I like voting just fine. And my claim has not shifted an inch. You're just a dumbass.

Broad strokes? Sure, it's pretty simple. Immigrants come here for a job. If there are jobs to fill, they come more, if not, they go home. Recent history shows that pretty clearly. Let the free market take care of this. What fact do you think has changed in 100 years that makes my solution invalid. Can you think of one?

Just saying the world is different so the US can't absorb 1/3 of the immigrants it did a century ago won't cut it as an argument. We need more people today because we need more tax payers today. And our native taxpayers are dying off without being replaced. Now that's a real problem that immigrants solve. If we don't ramp up immigration, our retirements are going to be pretty shit.

31,000 illegals in our federal prisons, which is 21% of the prison population. 1.6B payed out in unemployment insurance to illegals. Are you sure they just “go home”?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT