ADVERTISEMENT

Murin

I actually went through your roster and think you are doing some nifty shit but not knowing your walk-ons or nothing I come up with roughly 10 scholarships. Totally feasible in my opinion. I would have payed to wrestle for Gable had I been a better wrestler!
I was going to pose the question but thought it’d be pointless anyway. I’m sure back in the day, you Iowa farm boys would have taken a lot less to wrestle for Gable instead of going elsewhere. Kids all over the country would have. I mean Cael isn’t exactly a God like Gable was but I’m guessing he gets his fair that just want to wrestle for even if it means paying more.

To all those top 20 p4p wrestlers out there looking for a place to land: I highly recommend you schedule F*** State as the last of your visits so that Mr. Sanderson doesn’t strong arm you into making a decision before you have the chance to fully research your options (unless you e already made up your mind...in that case there’s no need for a top 5 except for the unveiling drama on Flo).
By strong arm what exactly do you mean? Does he send hitmen to the recruits house? Dies he threaten to break knee caps and skulls? I’m confused...

A kid like RBY will take 60% and put the rest on student loans if the almighty one looks him in the eye and promises not a cent of that debt will ever need to be paid back by him directly. Do I know for a fact that is what is happening? No, not for a fact, but there's enough smoke around this to make it very likely imo.
Who has he done this for? You’re sure if it so you must have someone in mind that said it’s why he chose PSU.

Could you post links to back up what you are saying? I’ve been curious what PSU was giving RBY. Btw, not sure where Nick Neville’s was ranked coming in but it came from his mouth that he’s getting 60%. Don’t believe RBY is ranked that much higher.

You seem sure of yourself RBY is getting a full ride so I’d like to take a look at your sources myself. I thank you ahead of time...
I know an assistent coach at SunnysidE HS in Tucson. More than that has no business on a forum.

I was going to pose the question but thought it’d be pointless anyway. I’m sure back in the day, you Iowa farm boys would have taken a lot less to wrestle for Gable instead of going elsewhere. Kids all over the country would have. I mean Cael isn’t exactly a God like Gable was but I’m guessing he gets his fair that just want to wrestle for even if it means paying more.
Back when Gable was coaching, tuition was around $700/semester to $2000 when he retired. It was much more realistic to pay your own way for the opportunity wrestle for him. Current tuition rates make "walking on" a huge personal investment.

Back when Gable was coaching, tuition was around $700/semester to $2000 when he retired. It was much more realistic to pay your own way for the opportunity wrestle for him. Current tuition rates make "walking on" a huge personal investment.
You get to wrestle for the best coach ever in Gable and and the best team ever and walk away with a degree so yeah it would be worth it to me!

Reactions: McCulloughd
The precedent has been set with Snyder. Wonder if Moore’s gas tank issues were due to weight management?

Good question on the tank. With that said, on Saturday, wrestling Conel, he really didnt look like he wanted to be out there. Mental/emotional at that point, or still issues with weight that long after weigh ins?

My gut says it was the former.

Thank you!

1984 tuition rates:
$1242/yr in-state,
$3450/yr out-of-state

Vs. $50,000+/yr to go to PSU now......

If you avoid enough facts and detail, it's easy to gloss over the difference in what is happening at PSU today by citing false equivalencies and making unlikely assumptions about the personal cost of attending PSU over other top programs without receiving additional "support." But when you boil it down to hard numbers, we're being asked to believe that many kids are choosing to pull $125,000 out of their pockets (or their parents') by accepting half scholarships at PSU instead of full scholarships at other top programs. And they wonder why everyone else, and I do mean EVERYONE else, is so skeptical.....

http://www.lib.uiowa.edu/sc/archives/tuition/TuitionRateSchedule1984/

Thank you!

1984 tuition rates:
$1242/yr in-state,
$3450/yr out-of-state

If you avoid enough facts and detail, it's easy to gloss over the difference in what is happening at PSU today by citing false equivalencies and making unlikely assumptions about the personal cost of attending PSU over other top programs without receiving additional "support." But when you boil it down to hard numbers, we're being asked to believe that many kids are choosing to pull $125,000 out of their pockets (or their parents') by accepting half scholarships at PSU instead of full scholarships at other top programs. And they wonder why everyone else, and I do mean EVERYONE else, is so skeptical.....

Out of your parents pocket I payed for my education!

Reactions: Dagboi
Let's get the numbers out there Penn State is beating us on the mat and in recruiting! Let figure it out and do something!

Thank you!

1984 tuition rates:
$1242/yr in-state,
$3450/yr out-of-state

Thanks for understanding the point I was making. A lot easier to wrestle where and for whom you wanted to back in the 80's and 90's

I totally agree with you. I'm really tired of Lumbeeped posting on our board more than any of us. What are the odds that he has no job and is posting from Grandmas basement all day.
bbwretler is a tremendous ambassador for knowledge and facts inside Hawkeye wrestling. My respect for him is significant and he knows clearly what to or not to divulge regarding rhe Hawks. Frequent a practice and good chance you'll spot him. Just ask the Chief. Appreciate you bbwretler

bbwretler is a tremendous ambassador for knowledge and facts inside Hawkeye wrestling. My respect for him is significant and he knows clearly what to or not to divulge regarding rhe Hawks. Frequent a practice and good chance you'll spot him. Just ask the Chief. Appreciate you bbwretler

Yea...he’s good people. We catch some practices and will be sitting at the Cup (along with my Pops). BB has seen a lot of dudes roll through the DG complex.

Hope to meet and greet you there Chief. BB has nothing but complimentary remarks for you. I'll have to confirm that in person.

I spoke with one of the coaches and the team camp for the U.S. Open is 12-15 April. I think they will have visitors there so we can see what's what...so maybe we can meet at the room that week.

In the final Intermat rankings at 126 this year, Busiello---3rd, Teske---7th and Teasdale---8th. I guess Cael recruited over the top of both Teske and Teasdale. And that's not even considering RBY. Holy shit don't you get it!!!
Maybe Cael didn’t want PSU fans crying about gaping holes in the lineup like you guys doing at 133.

And they say Cael only thinks about himself...
Who's cryin
pussy? Get lost!

Keep track of McMillen. In this pic he is in 9th grade, and he came into Hershey and knocked off 3 straight seniors at 113 and finished 2nd...He needs to hit the weights obviously and mature, but I think he becomes a 3 time state champion starting next season. He is from a tiny school here in central Pa, (Glendale), and is a lot stronger than he looks, farm boy.

He dnp at Fargo cadet 106 in Schriever and Rathjen’s bracket.

I try to stay out of these debates, but to answer your question -- we're "figuring it out and doing something" right now. You can't grow a great mullet in a day. We'll get there. Lots of work going on as we speak.
No question we are getting better that wasn't my point. I was just trying to get across quit blaming PSU because of a few years of bad recruiting, we are turning it around not as fast as some may like but we will get there.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
Teske's only chance to wrestle will be next year. Adam Busiello, a junior commit, will be there guy at 125 for the future. That's what puzzles me regarding Teske's collegiate decision. Really makes no sense.

Some folks are saying Adam will grow to a 41 or 49....although I'm sure there's a lot of guesswork on those projections.

No question we are getting better that wasn't my point. I was just trying to get across quit blaming PSU because of a few years of bad recruiting, we are turning it around not as fast as some may like but we will get there.
Just a reminder -- wrestling is a sport where individual fans CAN make a difference. Iowa fans can pitch in to support the HWC, which is helping to fuel the resurgence of Iowa wrestling. The next thing we can all do is pack the Des Moines Marriott on April 14 for the inaugural Des Moines HWC banquet. Lots of things we can do as fans to help the cause. If you're wondering what you can do, drop me an email at kurdelmeierrocks@gmail.com. We'll find a way for you, yourself, to make a difference.

And I know I speak for a lot of avid Iowa wrestling fans when I say it's a lot of f***. We're having a blast and helping to put the Hawks back on top at the same time. There's always room on the bandwagon, and the next team title will be extra f*** for those who have rolled up their sleeves and helped out! (Not talking just to you, Hunter, but to all Iowa fans)

OK lets look at this one last time shall we.

They have currently on their roster:

Carpenter JR. 133 from NC
Clabaugh FR. 25/33 PA
Cortez JR. 33/41 ILL
Giannangelli SO 33 PA
Friery 41/49 RS FR PA
Higgins SO 33 NJ
Lee 41 FR IND
Lindemuth 33 RS FR PA
Lopez 25 RS FR NY
Obenterfer 41 FR MD
Schnupp 25 RS FR PA
Stossel 33 JR PA
Yancvich 25 JR PA

Now ADD to this coming in:

Busielle #3 NY
Teske #7 IOWA
Teasdale #8 PA
RBY ? AZ.

According to your statement maybe they believe they "are the man!" OK fine.

So the question is this. Why do that not feel they can be the man in another school? It would certainly appear, at least on paper that others would have more to offer in terms of $$$$

For example look close by to Rutgers. They are building, have one of the nations top 125s who may move up to 33. Nice looking spot for many of these kids.

Then please explain again to all of us( I will take notes this time!) How they can afford to offer these kids ANYTHING!?!?!?!

Currently 6 out of state kids. with 4 JR who would be leaving. Then 3 more coming in next year. 2 of which are out of state and another 1 to follow!!!

Gonna expand on this a little. This was basically the first 3 weights. lets add in 49.

You have

Berge FR 49/57 Minn
Gardner RS FR 49 PA
McClanahan Fr 49 Fla
Verkleeren FR 49 Pa

So 4 weights with not only multiple top recruits, but multiple out of state kids too. Some top kids will have to be on the bench. While other out of state wrestlers are paying 50K a year just to be on the team? Then the PA kids. How many college in PA have wrestling? Why not take you shot there? I am missing something but when I was in school, I wanted to be on the Mat Wrestling!

They come to Penn State to become national champions and win team titles....that's what we do ;)

Reactions: TailgateTom
Just a reminder -- wrestling is a sport where individual fans CAN make a difference. Iowa fans can pitch in to support the HWC, which is helping to fuel the resurgence of Iowa wrestling. The next thing we can all do is pack the Des Moines Marriott on April 14 for the inaugural Des Moines HWC banquet. Lots of things we can do as fans to help the cause. If you're wondering what you can do, drop me an email at kurdelmeierrocks@gmail.com. We'll find a way for you, yourself, to make a difference.

And I know I speak for a lot of avid Iowa wrestling fans when I say it's a lot of f***. We're having a blast and helping to put the Hawks back on top at the same time. There's always room on the bandwagon, and the next team title will be extra f*** for those who have rolled up their sleeves and helped out! (Not talking just to you, Hunter, but to all Iowa fans)

Agreed on both points.

A full HWC is huge for our guys, so says our 27 point man this year.

Hunter78, I saw the great HST at Iowa around this time. Thought it was 77, but maybe '78. Last year, got to hear some great stories from Eddie P at the Wig and his adventures with HST.

Agreed on both points.

A full HWC is huge for our guys, so says our 27 point man this year.

Hunter78, I saw the great HST at Iowa around this time. Thought it was 77, but maybe '78. Last year, got to hear some great stories from Eddie P at the Wig and his adventures with HST.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

2 of my favorite quotes from HST

You got something against Farm Boys or just trying to be funny?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT