ADVERTISEMENT

My Florida friends …

Our silver spoon state CFO, originally appointed by former Gov Dickhead Scott, says Farmers is “too woke”

‘Bud Light of insurance’: Florida official blames insurer crisis on wokeness

Houses on the beach should be in a different (and far more expensive) pool than the rest of the state's property owners.

In any case, no one is paying any claims for storm surge damage anyway (except for FEMA). The photo in your tweet is a red herring.

I posted earlier that I just bought a townhome with a HOA. They cover the roof and the exterior insurance. The HOA is about to replace the roofs at the end of the year. A couple of the board members live across the street from me and I asked why the roofs were being replaced. They don’t leak and they are 12 years old. He said that the insurance company notified them that they will drop coverage on any roofs older than 10 years.

Our silver spoon state CFO, originally appointed by former Gov Dickhead Scott, says Farmers is “too woke”

Are you saying that a political science degree and years of working in a family restaurant and being a state legislator doesn’t prepare one to be the chief financial officer of one of the largest states in the union?

Reactions: lucas80 and DFSNOLE
Are you saying that a political science degree and years of working in a family restaurant and being a state legislator doesn’t prepare one to be the chief financial officer of one of the largest states in the union?
The Lonesome Loser is saying that he can’t say anything positive about anyone who doesn’t have a D after their name.
And you don’t live here so it’s understandable why you aren’t familiar with state politics.

• Haha
Reactions: DFSNOLE
Houses on the beach should be in a different (and far more expensive) pool than the rest of the state's property owners.

In any case, no one is paying any claims for storm surge damage anyway (except for FEMA). The photo in your tweet is a red herring.
Of course it is.

So he’s a Silver Spoon because his family are successful restaurateurs.
You’re such an idiot.

The Lonesome Loser is saying that he can’t say anything positive about anyone who doesn’t have a D after their name.
And you don’t live here so it’s understandable why you aren’t familiar with state politics.
Not sure I’ve ever heard you say anything positive about anyone without a R so I guess you two are even. You seem to think “that’s just politics” excuses everything. It often explains it, doesn’t excuse it.

I keep up with Florida politics just fine. Unqualified people in high positions is nothing new in Florida, and based on his background Patronis seems to be a recent example.

Farmers is exiting the Florida market. The linked Chris Hayes piece is correct in its reporting.

The three issues are building material cost increases and the rate of increase, reinsurance has dried up, and ocean temps continue to rise.

Do you think his background qualifies him to be the CFO of the state Mrs. Republican Apologist?

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Not sure I’ve ever heard you say anything positive about anyone without a R so I guess you two are even. You seem to think “that’s just politics” excuses everything. It often explains it, doesn’t excuse it.

I keep up with Florida politics just fine. Unqualified people in high positions is nothing new in Florida, and based on his background Patronis seems to be a recent example.
“Based on his background”???
Brilliant.

You’ve never seen me post about six times that if the Florida Democrat Party had managed to make Gwen Graham the primary victor in 2018 instead of Andrew Gillum I would have voted for her? Because I have. I also voted for a Dem for my City Council rep this year.

You’ve never seen me post about six times that if the Florida Democrat Party had managed to make Gwen Graham the primary victor in 2018 instead of Andrew Gillum I would have voted for her? Because I have. I also voted for a Dem for my City Council rep this year.
Yeah, I don’t believe you’d have voted for Gwen Graham over DeSantis. Sorry.

But I’ll take your word for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: fsu1jreed
Yea, based on his background. Political science degree, legislator, worked in his family’s restaurant.

What in that background sounds like a qualification for the State of Florida CFO?
He’s doing a good job - and since it’s an elective office I think the voters (his employers) have decided he’s qualified.

Yeah, I don’t believe you’d have voted for Gwen Graham over DeSantis. Sorry.

But I’ll take your word for it.
I thought she was a common sense candidate.
At the time I didn’t know DeSantis all that well, but on the other hand Gillum was a mayor who was not well thought of (to put it mildly) by MANY of my friends in Tally. And the State dodged a huge bullet as it turned out.

6hhtzewzt3cb1.jpg

I’m impressed that you’re able to get the “carrier of last resort” 30 miles inland. But, I guess that is what we are moving towards…a government run insurance company going statewide.

My previous insurance company went out of business shortly before the beginning of hurricane season last year.

My premium is okay at moment, but I’m worried it’s gonna double or triple at the end of this term. Hopefully, the insurance gods will spare me.

My previous insurance company went out of business shortly before the beginning of hurricane season last year.

My premium is okay at moment, but I’m worried it’s gonna double or triple at the end of this term. Hopefully, the insurance gods will spare me.
I believe it. Happening a lot.

Reactions: goldmom
So a non financial degree and working in a restaurant qualifies someone to be the head financial official in a state of over 20 million people? You proved the second point with your first answer.
To be fair, this also makes you qualified to be auditor in one of the smallest counties in Iowa, and then the governor.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Policy on my office building is up for renewal. Cost for same coverage is double the price as last year. Ouch.

• Wow
Reactions: JupiterHawk
It’s not just building insurance, car insurance has dramatically increased and my agent apologized and blamed it squarely on florida legislators…

Also, property tax millage rates are on the rise too. They bumped them here in Leon county / Tallahassee. Add it all up together and I would say I am paying 650 a month more for my home insurance, car insurance and property tax as I was two years ago. This is why FL still has an inflation problem compared to most of rest of US and people are in-fact leaving because of it. The cost of living is very high and the wages are not correspondingly higher like in other areas where this exists.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT