ADVERTISEMENT

NBA playoffs

Did not think Heat would resume unlikely hot shooting from arc.
If they sustain that, could pull off the giant upset.
Gotta series now.
Nuggets in 7.

As a nuggets fan watching this in a Denver bar tonight, that was an impressive win by Miami. ****. They sure seemed to get a lot of calls today n the 4th, but whatevs. We got a series
As a neutral fan (although I’d prefer the nuggets win) I felt like the heat were getting a lot of calls in the 4th quarter. A lot of ticky tak or even phantom calls going against the nuggets.

I still think the nuggets win this in 5 or 6 games.

As an aside, my favorite Wilt doing Wilt things...

He had a 14 game stretch in the 61-62 season where he had 13 games of at least 40pts, 7 of those with at least 60 (another game of 58), plus his 100 pt game. That same stretch had 13 games of at least 20 boards, 2 of those over 30.

His 50+ games in that stretch
65/22
67/28
61/26
67/21
65/23
61/28
100/28
58/35 (those last 5 in a row)
That all happened from Feb 11 through March 4 in a single season. 3 freaking weeks. That's ignoring the other 8 60+pt games he had that season.

Hard to believe looking at joker that he can dominate the way he does.
Not by any means comparing the two, but it makes me wonder a bit why Luka Garza doesn’t really seem to be getting a real shot in the league.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Hard to believe looking at joker that he can dominate the way he does.
Not by any means comparing the two, but it makes me wonder a bit why Luka Garza doesn’t really seem to be getting a real shot in the league.

2 reasons.

Joker's game offensively is extremely well rounded. He compares way more to a Larry Bird type than a center. He can do center things, he can also do small forward things...both at a level as good as elite players.

He's also, like Bird, really good on defense. He might not be Embiid, but he's not far off.

Garza can score, he can shoot. He's not an elite rebounder, passer or defender...Joker is. I still think if Garza can find a team that his skill set matches what they need from his position, he can be a 15-18 mpg rotational player for a team and have a good career. The problem is, when you only do one thing well and that thing is scoring, you have to find a fit in the league. If he were only an elite defender, he'd have teams falling all over themselves.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I really like how Miami boxes out and rebounds. They should give the Iowa men’s team a few pointers.

Playoff Jimmy needs to put the Heat on his shoulders here or it's over.

Had windows open and could hear the neighbor kids cheering for Denver. When they play basketball one is Jokic and the other is Porter? Murray? Either way they’re on the same team playing invisible people. Too bad their parents are maybe 11’ tall combined.

I get the whole 3 straight thing and Embiid is a fantastic player. Jokic should have been MVP. His advanced stats were nuts. The only thing Embiid had a significant advantage over Jokic in was PPG. Everything else was either a push or advantage Jokic, and the advanced stats were a huge advantage for Jokic.

I get the whole 3 straight thing and Embiid is a fantastic player. Jokic should have been MVP. His advanced stats were nuts. The only thing Embiid had a significant advantage over Jokic in was PPG. Everything else was either a push or advantage Jokic, and the advanced stats were a huge advantage for Jokic.
Unfortunately, the MVP race was over as soon as Kendrick Perkins insinuated that the MVP voters had a racial bias towards Jokic.

Unfortunately, the MVP race was over as soon as Kendrick Perkins insinuated that the MVP voters had a racial bias towards Jokic
What KP said was idiotic and so is this post. The Nuggets definitely hit a funk the last month or so of regular season which is where Embiid passed up joker for mvp, its just normal for voters to want to mix it up which is why there has only been 3 guys who have won 3 straight...last one being almost 40 yrs ago

They should call it the regular season mvp since that's all it is

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT