ADVERTISEMENT

NBA playoffs

Okay guys, help with some perspective with an argument I am having with my son (18). He has seen all of the Shaq dunks and highlights, and he says AD is playing like Shaq in the post and is better than Shaq was. I said there is no doubt that AD is infinitely more skilled on offense than Shaq, but that prime Shaq was something the NBA has not seen before or since in terms of overpowering world class big men on offense, defense, and on the boards. I just don't see AD throwing prime Shaq's shit because Shaq simply went around/through people on the way to dunking. On the other hand, I concede that Shaq could not cover AD's mid-range or perimeter game. Overall, they are probably close to overall value to their respective teams, but I give the edge to Shaq. I am suffering from nostalgia, or is he suffering from recency bias?

The easiest argument is this. Shaq is one of the two most physically dominant players ever (with Wilt), is one of the 10 best players ever and a top 4 C ever. At this point, AD isn't any of those.

Could AD get there? # wise, absolutely. He's never been, and never will be, the physical freak Shaq was.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Okay guys, help with some perspective with an argument I am having with my son (18). He has seen all of the Shaq dunks and highlights, and he says AD is playing like Shaq in the post and is better than Shaq was. I said there is no doubt that AD is infinitely more skilled on offense than Shaq, but that prime Shaq was something the NBA has not seen before or since in terms of overpowering world class big men on offense, defense, and on the boards. I just don't see AD throwing prime Shaq's shit because Shaq simply went around/through people on the way to dunking. On the other hand, I concede that Shaq could not cover AD's mid-range or perimeter game. Overall, they are probably close to overall value to their respective teams, but I give the edge to Shaq. I am suffering from nostalgia, or is he suffering from recency bias?
You watching this game together? Davis' 4 pt 1st half performance was excellent. Shaq averaged 40 pts and 15 boards in the 2000 finals.

This game was expected. Lakers had a similar one against Memphis on the road. Bench the starters and move on to game 3.

Reactions: McLovin32
Lakers are shooting like crap cept for Russell.
Dubs have swish bros.and that seems to be enough. Go nuggets.

Reactions: Pinehawk
I think my hearing's going. Mistaking a lot more of these sneaker squeaks for whistles than normal

Anyone tell me how Schroeder gets t’d up for that just a couple of minutes after draymond chased the refs around to yell at them and didn’t get one?

Sixers rally to hold off Celts in OT.
Series tied 2-2.
All series could go 7 as only Knicks/heat are not on track for 7 right now.
Sun's vs Nuggets tonite.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT