ADVERTISEMENT

NBA playoffs

Brooks' playoff experience was truly amazing. Loses game 1 and home court advantage, wins game 2 and talks shit, proceeds to lose 3 of the next 4 games, loses the elimination game by 40 points, gets fined $25K by the NBA for not meeting with reporters after each loss, gets told by the Grizzlies that they don't want him anymore.

Amazing.

Last edited:
You think more deserving than the Joker?
It's a good question. Clearly Jokic is better at setting up his teammates. But Embiid managed to complete a scoring feat that Shaq or Hakeem never even did in their prime. To me, that's ****ing unbelievable. And he didn't do it on some shitty team.

With that said, Jokic did play in 69 regular season games this year, so he should be awarded something for that.

It's a good question. Clearly Jokic is better at setting up his teammates. But Embiid managed to complete a scoring feat that Shaq or Hakeem never even did in their prime. To me, that's ****ing unbelievable. And he didn't do it on some shitty team.

With that said, Jokic did play in 69 regular season games this year, so he should be awarded something for that.
Embiid is a great player, but IMO he ducked Jokic in Denver in March. And I had tickets, the bastage!

Seriously, though, probably better for the Nuggets in the playoffs.

And Embiid has been moaning about not getting the MVP for years so now he and Philly fans can enjoy it.

Embiid is a great player, but IMO he ducked Jokic in Denver in March. And I had tickets, the bastage!

Seriously, though, probably better for the Nuggets in the playoffs.

And Embiid has been moaning about not getting the MVP for years so now he and Philly fans can enjoy it.
He did duck him in March. But in January Embiid put up 47 & 18 with Jokic on him. Jokic didn't care the final four weeks of the season, he took himself out of the running. Still, that would definitely piss me off if I had tickets.

The last three seasons with Jokic winning two & Embiid winning one is fair, in my opinion.

He did duck him in March. But in January Embiid put up 47 & 18 with Jokic on him. Jokic didn't care the final four weeks of the season, he took himself out of the running. Still, that would definitely piss me off if I had tickets.

The last three seasons with Jokic winning two & Embiid winning one is fair, in my opinion.
Hmmm… In March he averaged 35.5 min, 26.2 ppg, 12.8 rebounds and 9.4 assists. Since the all-star break in late Feb he’s had eight triple doubles.

Hmmm… In March he averaged 35.5 min, 26.2 ppg, 12.8 rebounds and 9.4 assists. Since the all-star break in late Feb he’s had eight triple doubles.
I know the numbers but watching the games...he got sick of all the commotion & wasn't bringing it. I guess that's how good he is, to put up those offensive numbers while coasting. Either way we're nitpicking;Jokic, Embiid & Giannis were well above everybody else.

I know the numbers but watching the games...he got sick of all the commotion & wasn't bringing it. I guess that's how good he is, to put up those offensive numbers while coasting. Either way we're nitpicking;Jokic, Embiid & Giannis were well above everybody else.
I know, they had a little slump near the end. for sure, those three were the stars this year and any one of them would have been justifiable.

Really entertaining first half

Lakers living in the paint & at the line

Warriors have 13 3's.

I kind of thought the Warriors would win this series relatively easily but AD has been a monster. If he can stay healthy & engaged than I think the Lakers will win.
So long as the warriors can keep getting those no touch foul calls they’ll win.

• Wow
Reactions: DolphLundgren
Looks like we got us a possible classic series on our hands here.
Steph and LeBron both have 4 titles....can they both lose?
As a Bulls fan I hope so.
Go nuggets or Celts.

They are scary when they get rolling. Especially Curry and Thompson. Lillard is the other guy I worry about like that.
Agreed. I love watching Lillard play. And with Golden State, when Poole starts getting hot, anything can happen. He’s so damn streaky. With that said, that long ass 3 he took at the end was a bit unnecessary. Could have gotten a better shot IMO.

Looking forward to seeing how GS responds tonight. One thing is clear, LA is a completely different team when their best player is healthy
One has to assume that Steph is going to play out of his mind tonight. Outside of his solid 4th quarter in game 1, he really didn't play that well. I'm not counting on that happening again.

Looking forward to seeing how GS responds tonight. One thing is clear, LA is a completely different team when their best player is healthy
Whatever GS team total is tonight, hammer it. They will come out swinging.

Tonight's game has blowout potential. I think either the Lakers win or they lose by 15+.

Okay guys, help with some perspective with an argument I am having with my son (18). He has seen all of the Shaq dunks and highlights, and he says AD is playing like Shaq in the post and is better than Shaq was. I said there is no doubt that AD is infinitely more skilled on offense than Shaq, but that prime Shaq was something the NBA has not seen before or since in terms of overpowering world class big men on offense, defense, and on the boards. I just don't see AD throwing prime Shaq's shit because Shaq simply went around/through people on the way to dunking. On the other hand, I concede that Shaq could not cover AD's mid-range or perimeter game. Overall, they are probably close to overall value to their respective teams, but I give the edge to Shaq. I am suffering from nostalgia, or is he suffering from recency bias?

Last edited:
Okay guys, help with some perspective with an argument I am having with my son (18). He has seen all of the Shaq dunks and highlights, and he says AD is playing like Shaq in the post and is better than Shaq was I said there is no doubt that AD is infinitely more skilled on offense than Shaq, but that prime Shaq was something the NBA has not seen before or since in terms of overpowering world class big men on offense, defense, and on the boards. I just don't see AD throwing prime Shaq's shit because Shaq simply went around/through people on the way to dunking. On the other hand, I concede that Shaq could not cover AD's mid-range or perimeter game. Overally, they are probably close to overall value to their respective teams, but I give the edge to Shaq. I am suffering from nostalgia, or is he suffering from recency bias?
You should pack your son's shit up and sever all ties. Shaq would shit all over every big man in today's NBA.

Okay guys, help with some perspective with an argument I am having with my son (18). He has seen all of the Shaq dunks and highlights, and he says AD is playing like Shaq in the post and is better than Shaq was. I said there is no doubt that AD is infinitely more skilled on offense than Shaq, but that prime Shaq was something the NBA has not seen before or since in terms of overpowering world class big men on offense, defense, and on the boards. I just don't see AD throwing prime Shaq's shit because Shaq simply went around/through people on the way to dunking. On the other hand, I concede that Shaq could not cover AD's mid-range or perimeter game. Overally, they are probably close to overall value to their respective teams, but I give the edge to Shaq. I am suffering from nostalgia, or is he suffering from recency bias?
Prime example of why conversations about “GOATS” is a waste of time. As years go by you are asking a lot of those alive to say the GOAT is somebody they never saw play.

Get used to it as time goes.

Okay guys, help with some perspective with an argument I am having with my son (18). He has seen all of the Shaq dunks and highlights, and he says AD is playing like Shaq in the post and is better than Shaq was I said there is no doubt that AD is infinitely more skilled on offense than Shaq, but that prime Shaq was something the NBA has not seen before or since in terms of overpowering world class big men on offense, defense, and on the boards. I just don't see AD throwing prime Shaq's shit because Shaq simply went around/through people on the way to dunking. On the other hand, I concede that Shaq could not cover AD's mid-range or perimeter game. Overally, they are probably close to overall value to their respective teams, but I give the edge to Shaq. I am suffering from nostalgia, or is he suffering from recency bias?
Shaq did make the All NBA Defensive Team 3x (all 2nd team) while Davis has made it 4x (2x 1st team, 2x 2nd team). I think people underestimate Shaq's defense, as he wasn't that good once he got to Miami, Phoenix, Cleveland & Boston.

Shaq's prime offense years were such a force. From 94-04 he averaged 27.5 ppg & 11.5 rpg. He also was a 13x All NBA selection, while Davis has been All NBA 4x. Some of that is injuries, but Shaq was more durable during their prime years.

Old Shaq would get targeted more in today's pick & roll game, but prime Shaq would've hung in there. Davis is a better all around defender & shooter, but Shaq was so unstoppable, & also had better passing & touch than people remember.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT