ADVERTISEMENT

NBA playoffs

Yep, like I said earlier, they’re clearly a good team on the rise. But they’re young as hell. They weren’t ready to handle a veteran team with championship experience.
Live and die by the 3. Kings shot 25% (12-47) from behind the line.

Reactions: McLovin32
I don't know why the Kings stuck with Sabonis for so long in the second half. They went small in Game 6 and ran the Warriors off the court.

There’s been quite a few rumors over the last couple years that Ayton wanted out. I feel like last season he was close to being moved out but something happened and he ended up staying. My memory isn’t real clear on the situation though so it could have been something else.

Ayton was a restricted FA last offseason, and instead of signing him to a max extension (as any NBA team does with a guy they view as a cornerstone of the franchise), they had him go get a max offer from Indiana (which he matched).

He and Monty Williams apparently don't have a great relationship (they did not speak from the Game 7 meltdown against Dallas until the first day of camp).

As for Phoenix overall, they could win this series (and potentially the title) off of the supreme shot-making of Booker and Durant, but it seems unlikely.

In trading away Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson, they traded away an elite defender (Bridges) who can also score, and their best catch-and-shoot guy from 3 (Johnson) for Durant. Additionally, while he was away from the team this year, they also don't have Jae Crowder, who gave their team an edge.

Additionally, Chris Paul is about to turn 38 and can't guard anybody.

On top of that, their bench is absolutely awful. Because of this, Durant and Booker had to play 42-44 minutes per game just to close out a depleted Clipper team.

Anything is possible when you have two of the best scorers in the game....but it would be odd to see a team with such glaring holes win a title.

Turn the page.
Lakers vs warriors
Nuggets vs Suns
Celts vs Sixers
Knicks vs heat

The Elite Eight.
Who ya got?
Me?
Warriors
Nuggets
Celts
Heat.

Then:
Celts vs Nuggets

Celts hang another banner.

Turn the page.
Lakers vs warriors
Nuggets vs Suns
Celts vs Sixers
Knicks vs heat

The Elite Eight.
Who ya got?
Me?
Warriors
Nuggets
Celts
Heat.

Then:
Celts vs Nuggets

Celts hang another banner.

Lakers/Warriors is a tough one. Whichever team's star players don't break down first wins. That said, I think the Lakers are the better team with everyone healthy.

Lakers
Nuggets (runner-up)
Celts (Champs)
Knicks

Rooting for the nuggets. Dont much like any of the other teams

I don't know why the Kings stuck with Sabonis for so long in the second half. They went small in Game 6 and ran the Warriors off the court.
If there was a lineup to play to force Looney out of the game, they should have done that because he MURDERED the Kings game after game on the boards. Sabonis is good, but he is not good enough to offset that, especially when he is turning the ball over trying to do too much with his dribble. The other problem for the Kings in this series was that Murray had a slow start in games 1 and 2, and guys like Huerter stepped up in those games, and in the process, got WAY too comfortable jacking up three after three. In the losses during games 5 and 7, if they had more good shots from their best shooters, that would have helped. But, at the end of the day, if Steph is going to go off like that there really isn't anything you can do about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT