ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Predictions

I watched the match and saw Nickal back out of upper body with PD3. That was telling and I am looking forward to seeing PD3 wrestle for the Hawks. I hope his dad continues to ignore the haters and others who are trolling him. My money is Downey taking out Nickal if they meet at NCAA's and PD3 is in an Iowa singlet. I would also take Downey over Moore except PD3 was walking around 190 from what I heard.

Yeah his snapchat showed him weighing 218lbs. If he stays out of upper body with Downey, he will eat his legs up. If he doesn't, then PD3 likely takes him for a ride.

Seen enough sports upsets in my life. Don't see any reason why Sorensen or Kem can't be one of them this year.
You don't see any reason? Keep pounding that Grey Goose.
When+i+tried+vodka+for+the+first+time_f8bef6_4149034.gif

It's unfortunate that times have changed, as insulting said father used to be one of the great past times on HR. Sigh

Yup, it was a real blast. Maybe others don't agree with me on this topic. I wasn't a big fan of bringing PDIII in, but I will support him now that the coaches made that decision. So I don't see any reason for anyone to taunt PDII when we now know he reads this forum. Especially PSU fans. If they want to insult him, they can do it on BWI or themat. Plenty of that was around for Nick Suriano's dad.

There are certainly other dads that read our board (like Mr. Brooks). Hopefully they'll see the positives of being a part of the Hawk family.

I'm excited to see Downey wrestle for the Hawks. It's always everyone against the Hawks anyways. Downey lives that life everyday. He is going to be one of the most exciting guys to watch. PDIII, keep your nose clean and dominate. Hawk nation will support you because I don't think we will ever see any 2-1 snoozefest out of you.

I truely believe theHawks brought PDIII on for many reasons from his talented wrestling skills to trying to help him make better choices with his life. I am a father of 2 children who are 15 & 12. Am I a perfect parent... HELL NO!! Have my kids made poor choices... Yep!! The Crazy part is I know they have a lot of growing up to do and will make many more mistakes along the way. But as a parent I will STAND behind them and support them anyway I can. I teach them my beliefs of God and some other beliefs I have that will not be mentioned to not turn this into a political debate. We can guide our kids all we want bit they do make mistakes. It's not like PDIII has committed a major crime has he made a few bad choices... Yes he has but I am willing to let that stuff go IF he is willing to move on its not like he raped, murdered and/or is a thief.

I truely believe theHawks brought PDIII on for many reasons from his talented wrestling skills to trying to help him make better choices with his life. I am a father of 2 children who are 15 & 12. Am I a perfect parent... HELL NO!! Have my kids made poor choices... Yep!! The Crazy part is I know they have a lot of growing up to do and will make many more mistakes along the way. But as a parent I will STAND behind them and support them anyway I can. I teach them my beliefs of God and some other beliefs I have that will not be mentioned to not turn this into a political debate. We can guide our kids all we want bit they do make mistakes. It's not like PDIII has committed a major crime has he made a few bad choices... Yes he has but I am willing to let that stuff go IF he is willing to move on its not like he raped, murdered and/or is a thief.

I don't believe for a second it has anything to do with helping him out. He's a mercenary who wants to add a note to his mma resume, and TnT want him to help us bump up a couple places at Nationals. He's, what, 24 or 25? He'll be in our room for a few months and will be gone forever. Hard to imagine the thought of turning him around is on TNT's minds.

I don't believe for a second it has anything to do with helping him out. He's a mercenary who wants to add a note to his mma resume, and TnT want him to help us bump up a couple places at Nationals. He's, what, 24 or 25? He'll be in our room for a few months and will be gone forever. Hard to imagine the thought of turning him around is on TNT's minds.
He's wrestling freestyle after the season and that's the style he's best at so yeah he'll be here longer than a couple months unless he messes up.

Then you really don't know Tom or Terry very well! You are entitled to your opinion but telling you that you are 100% wrong.

125- Tomasello
133- Gross
141- Heil
149- Sorenson (the big upset of this year's tourney)
157- Nolf (absolute lock)
165- Massa (heart says IMar, head says Massa, lol)
174- Hall
184- Zahid
197- Moore
285- Snyder (absolute lock)

I think PSU will win it all despite having two champ to tOSU's three champs because I think PSU will have the same five finalists plus a ton of bonus points.

I think PSU will win it all despite having two champ to tOSU's three champs because I think PSU will have the same five finalists plus a ton of bonus points.

In this scenario, I think tOSU would win because they have the deeper team. TOSU could also have a finalist at 141 and 174 as well.

Yep. For PSU to win, it will truly come down to how many of the "Top 5" guys take 1st. Even with the bonus they score, tOSU scores solid bonus themselves.

Here is the reason why 1st place is so important:

1st place(not counting bonus):20pts(includes advancement points)
2nd place:16
3rd place:13.5 or 13 depending on what round you lose in.

The gap between 1st and 3rd is substantial and even the 4 between 1st and 2nd is large.

I think PSU will have two champs, three finalists (149, 165, 184), two AA's (133 and heavy)and a blood round guy at 141. I'd like to see tOSU win it but I dont think it will happen.

Seems like every year there's a huge upset and the only huge upsets would be Snyder, Retherford, or Nolf. Snyder is the best p4p wrestler in the entire world, so he's out. Between Retherford and Nolf, I think Retherford had a tougher time with Sorenson than Nolf had with Kemerer or Berger.

Last edited:

I mean he can be classified as a thief...he did rob his drug dealer in HS. That being said, he will hopefully keep his nose clean and win a title. I just don't see it. I think the other wrestlers are better than him. He may improve enough in the room to beat them.

His dad calling me out on another forum...well that just speaks to his lack of class. I understand he is prideful of his kids and that's how every father should be. It'd probably have been better to send that to his son in a text and say how people are doubting him.

Reactions: Nitt Fan
Looking forward to all these new wrestlers in the lineup. I believe we surprise people by end of season.

Reactions: IAChief32
ADVERTISEMENT