ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Predictions

DayHawk18

HR All-State
Sep 3, 2014
With the season starting, I figured it would be a good time to pick our champs and top 3 teams.

125- Nato. Too offensive for Suriano and just too good for Cruz.
133- Gross. Man it'd be nice to have him.
141- Heil. I hate him but he's a winner
149- Zain. He's just too good on top but I expect to see BS in the finals with a great game plan.
157- Nolf. I wish I could say Kem but nothing leads me to believe...yet
165- IMAR. He's a man on a mission while I hear Cenzo has been enjoying his title.
174- Hall. BoJo will be tough to beat again but he just doesn't have the same ceiling as Mark.
184- Zahid. He's in MyMar's head, too quick for Bo, and too good for PD3.
197- Moore. PD3 should be here because I think it's easier for him to make and better for him and the team with him here.
285- Snyder. It's not close...at all

Top 3 Teams-
1. PSU. Too many bonus points and the 165 & 184 are top 3 with 3 finalists.
2. tOSU. Same as PSU but not the same kind of bonus point potential.
3. Michigan. I think they'll have 3 finalists (133, 165, and 285) with AA's at 157, 174, 184, and 197.

Iowa-
I think we have finalists with BS and Kemdawg, top 4 with Downey (or finalist if he goes 197), and AA's from the Bull and Young. Outside chance with Wilcke and whomever wins the spot at 141 (too tough of a weight).

To the OP.......looks pretty good to me. But I also agree that Heil is the least impressive.

I've not reviewed the new rules yet. Care to enlighten me on this?

So when they are in this position...the ref will issue a warning and start a 3 count...If the wrestler doesn't improve his position, then back points will occur even if the "top" guy doesn't have total control.
r960-b3b8fa1744e77ba1eae212d9f71851fe.jpg

125:NaTo with Suriano right on his heels.
133:Micic
141:Heil
149:Retherford
157:Nolf
165:IMar
174:BoJo
184:Nickal
197:Moore
285:Snyder

125: Suriano
133: Micic
141: Heil
149: Zain
157: Kem
165: IMAR
174: Hall
184: Nickal
197: Downey
HWT: Snyder

125: Suriano
133: Micic
141: Heil
149: Zain
157: Kem
165: IMAR
174: Hall
184: Nickal
197: Downey
HWT: Snyder

I like the optimism at 157 and 197 but I don't see it. Nolf is just a machine but I think Kem can close the gap. Downey can go big and end a match at any time and his best chance is certainly at 197.

I like the optimism at 157 and 197 but I don't see it. Nolf is just a machine but I think Kem can close the gap. Downey can go big and end a match at any time and his best chance is certainly at 197.

He's been adamant about going at 184 from what I understand.

Im going with
Suriano sticks it to psu
Gross wish he were a hawk
Meredith with new rules Heil looses more than a couple times this year
InZain just dont think BS opens up enough
Kemdog has his day
Massa think he improves the most
Zahid shocks hall in epic final
Abounader just a hunch
PD3
GOAT

He's been adamant about going at 184 from what I understand.

Yes and I think it's stupid. He got teched by Nickal in his best style plus Myles and Zahid will be an absolute nightmare (who I'd favor over him).

At 197, I'd favor Moore but think he could definitely beat him.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
I've not reviewed the new rules yet. Care to enlighten me on this?

So when they are in this position...the ref will issue a warning and start a 3 count...If the wrestler doesn't improve his position, then back points will occur even if the "top" guy doesn't have total control.
Here is my question on this rule. The wrestler with his back exposed is given a 3 count of being in the danger zone. At the 3 count the other wrestler is awarded a TD. Got that. At that point, does the count start over for back points assuming the wrestler with his back exposed does not bail out or is controlled in that exposed position?

My guess is that the count would start over for back points.

Control is established by the top wrestler after "Danger. 1, 2, 3." And we don't count back points without control.

Reactions: nearfall2
25-tomasello over suriano
33-micic over gross
41-diakomihalis over heil
49-retherford over Sorensen
57-nolf over kemerer
65-Martinez over massa
74-hall over Jordan
84- Z.valencia over nickal
97- Moore over downey
Hwt- Snyder over coon

Yes and I think it's stupid. He got teched by Nickal in his best style plus Myles and Zahid will be an absolute nightmare (who I'd favor over him).

Well, Nickal did win by tech but it was with a trap arm. The takedowns were one apiece in that match. Also, when PDIII was calling out Dean last year, I seem to recall that he also said he beat both Zahid Valencia and Myles Martin in simulation matches at the OTC in 2015 or 2016 when Valencia was training for the Junior Championships. If he really does buy in and he is training hard in our room with Burak, Brooks and Warner, I think he wins 184 this year.

125: Suriano over Tomasello
133: Gross over Brock
141: Jack over Eierman
149: Retherford over Sorenson
157: Nolf over Kemerer
165: IMar over A. Valencia
174: Z. Valencia over Hall
184: Nickal over MyMar
197: Moore over Beazley
Hwt: Snyder over Nevills

Well, Nickal did win by tech but it was with a trap arm. The takedowns were one apiece in that match. Also, when PDIII was calling out Dean last year, I seem to recall that he also said he beat both Zahid Valencia and Myles Martin in simulation matches at the OTC in 2015 or 2016 when Valencia was training for the Junior Championships. If he really does buy in and he is training hard in our room with Burak, Brooks and Warner, I think he wins 184 this year.

I will have to see big wins in folkstyle before I believe it. I think he's the least athletic of the 4 and that is often his biggest advantage. It wouldn't surprise me to see him beat one of the three but it would be surprising to see him beat 2 of the three in Cleveland.

TD, not back points

Seems like this could be a headache to call in the scramble that follows. A TD is awarded, but there may well be no control. Can an escape be awarded, even though there was no control?

The rule is even messier because it substitutes 90* for 45*. Refs already mess that up as it is. Will be an interesting year watching refs apply the rule and how they deal with the situation after.

125: Tomatoe over Suriano(GMAN & Clark are gone so he pulls it out)
133: Gross over Micic
141: Heil over Meredith
149: Rutherford ove Sorensen
157: Kemdawg over Nolf
165: Imart over Massa
174: Hall over Jordan
184: Nickel over PDIII
197: Moore over ??
Hwt: Snyder over Coon/Stoll winner

Team race:
1. Fosu
2. Psu
3. Michigan
4. Iowa
5. Oky State

Fosu has 3 Champs & 9 AAs
Psu has 3 Champs & 7 AAs
Michigan has 0 champs & 7 AAs
Iowa has 1 Champ & 6 AAs
Oky State has 1 Champ & 5 AAs

25-tomasello over suriano
33-micic over gross
41-diakomihalis over heil
49-retherford over Sorensen
57-nolf over kemerer
65-Martinez over massa
74-hall over Jordan
84- Z.valencia over nickal
97- Moore over downey
Hwt- Snyder over coon

Ah yes, I love this call! I change mine to this as well.

Reactions: ILhawk41
Which Iowa wrestler has the best chance of winning a title this year?

A. Sorensen
B. Kemerer
C. Marinelli
D. PDHawk at 184

PD2 "Dude, if you're not a Hawkeye fan, gtfu Hawkeye Report. I'm glad you think PD3's chances are better at 197, because he will do just the opposite. "

I guess you better stop posting. The Drug Kingpin has spoken.

Hey Mike Z, do we really need to tolerate a PSU fan insulting the father of one of our wrestlers and trying to incite trouble?

Reactions: acuhawk
Hey Mike Z, do we really need to tolerate a PSU fan insulting the father of one of our wrestlers and trying to incite trouble?

Well, you could just bury your head in the sand and pretend PD2 is Ward Cleaver.:D

wsn0r.jpg

Last edited:

I watched the match and saw Nickal back out of upper body with PD3. That was telling and I am looking forward to seeing PD3 wrestle for the Hawks. I hope his dad continues to ignore the haters and others who are trolling him. My money is Downey taking out Nickal if they meet at NCAA's and PD3 is in an Iowa singlet. I would also take Downey over Moore except PD3 was walking around 190 from what I heard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT