ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Selection Show

O'Toole is CONSIDERABLY better than Hamiti. I was jumping on the Messenbrink bandwagon until I watched that match. I do think Messenbrink still makes the Finals, but I would be very surprised if he beats O'Toole.
He's a Penn State wrestler. Of course he'll suck out a win.

Hamiti fell off a cliff. He was going way, way too hard to keep pace with Mesenbrink and then just imploded with 90s left in the match. He actually lasted longer than I thought he would, but it’s a 7min match.

If that match was at NCAAs and Mesenbrink got Hamiti in a Friday morning quarter, right off the scale (<3hrs or so) as opposed to 8+ hours, that would’ve been a bloodbath. Caliendo actually impressed me in the dual with how well he stood up to Mesenbrink’s onslaught. Even managed to get to his own offense late in the match.
very possible, but still something seemed off with Hamiti, Very well could have just hit the wall hard. The crazy thing about that match was when Mesenbrink was getting ridden on bottom it appeared he was gasping for air, when I saw it I thought something was wrong with him. I like both of these wrestlers a lot, love how they get after it. 165 will be worth the price of admission.

I thought something was off when Hamiti was getting ridden and he clearly had a limp after the match. Perhaps this is what you meant?
Somebody mentioned Hamiti’s “ego” getting bruised but that’s not been his MO. I may need to go back and watch that match. That’d suck…

They must have put a ton of weight into conference tourney placement. Franek at the 10 is my only beef, but he should have been around a 7 so it is better than the 8 or 9 for him. With the Hawks results this year at B10 it is pretty tough to complain about any seeds. CS at the 9 is shafting Lewis just like when ML was the 8 and Alex was the one so too bad!
Conference placement got a bump in the matrix this year and I believe MFF at conferences were treated as losses. That would explain Franek dropping to 10 behind Robb who he has 2 wins over.

Can Cali beat Ramirez and make the semi finals?
Absolutely and I think the fact that they have not wrestled yet is an advantage for Cali if he just lets it FLY. Cali is an absolute stud athlete, extremely quick and strong. Just needs to go and get it!
It also depends on which Ramirez shows up. He’s been known to lay a turd now and then. Cali needs the first TD to set the tone.

Reactions: ping72 and sdvike
It also depends on which Ramirez shows up. He’s been known to lay a turd now and then. Cali needs the first TD to set the tone.
I actually think Ramirez is a favorable matchup for Cali. Ramirez is very strong defensively, but not really a big counter guy or point scorer in general. The amount and type of attacks that fit Cali best(hi-c's finding the corner quickly) should be able to get through that defense.

Where Cali is in trouble are the quick guys with explosive attacks that can get him to his butt quickly. Outside of O'Toole, Carr, Mess and Hamiti, I really don't worry about his chances as long as he fires off his attacks in all 3 periods...

Carter is healthy. Griffith not so much. Carter did a 7 minute interview yesterday. He is a GO to put it mildly. Like a hungry caged animal GO.
If he isn’t a 100%, gets beat and then doesn’t finish the tournament, we won’t bombard your board the same way your fans did when Spencer lost.
Karma can be a bitch.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Wish PK would have got the 11 seed or anything on the bottom half. The bottom half of the bracket looks ripe for the taking. I still think PK finds a way to AA this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT