ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Selection Show

Through 157, I like Real and Drake to make the semis. I feel more confident in Drake making the finals. Rathjen's draw seems very difficult and Teske's a 15 seed so it is what it is. Franek should have been a higher seed, but Keller at the 7 isn't the worst IMO. He'd then likely have Teemer in the quarters.

They must have put a ton of weight into conference tourney placement. Franek at the 10 is my only beef, but he should have been around a 7 so it is better than the 8 or 9 for him. With the Hawks results this year at B10 it is pretty tough to complain about any seeds. CS at the 9 is shafting Lewis just like when ML was the 8 and Alex was the one so too bad!

Drake got a great seed, Caveman isn't making to the semis.

Air Caveman GIF

Yeah. Good for him that he’s look the best he has for a few years now. I think the All Star meet happened before his weight was really managed, so not sure if Carter can do that to the same degree. We’ll see.
Has he wrestled anyone of note this year? ACC doesn’t appear to have much @ 174 outside of him, but perhaps I’m overlooking someone.

We have had worse paths. I wish Kennedy was on the bottom half of the bracket I feel he is capable of beating any of the guys on that half. I'm not saying he would but I think he's capable of it, I can't say the same about the top half.

Reactions: el dub
Ramirez was over seeded due to a very early season win over Carr, without getting penalized at all for the Olejnik loss. As a result, Hamiti ended up with Carr as the 4 seed and hitting each other in the quarters.

It should absolutely be O’Toole 1, Mess 2, Carr 3, Hamiti 4 and Ramirez 5.
There in lies the risk of wrestling in the Cliff Keen in early December.
In Wrestlestat Carr went 8-2 in Quality matches with 3 bonus wins, Hamiti 6-2 w/ 3 bonus victories, Ramirez 2-2.
There needs to be equal emphasis between strength of schedule (wrestling top 16 wrestlers) and conference tournament results.
I’d also get rid of coaches rank
There needs to be some modification/simplification of the RPI calculation.
Rocky Elam’s 12 seed at 197 is a joke, because he was 1 match short of having a RPI.

Pyles made an interesting point in FRL today that Damion Hahn is the only coach on the seeding committee, the rest being conference administrator types. Argued it needs more experts and fewer bureaucrats, and the coaches complaining should step up and volunteer for the committee.

I'm not sure that more biased coaches would help, but maybe enough would balance each other out by committee. Not sure who else could bring the necessary knowledge to make the common sense decisions when the algorithm leads to absurd results, though. And I don't think the seeds are much different this year than most. There are always some head scratchers, but most of it seems pretty accurate/fair.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT