ADVERTISEMENT

New lows for Iowa

I don't think that's really what happened. I think OSU showed that they just couldn't consistently play at a high level every week. And the Big Ten teams that they've let in the last couple years have been smoked (and they were on the edge of now getting in). I think bama just presents a better chance at a quality performance than OSU.

so now the national talk is OSU lost to lowly horrible Iowa of all teams. The nation considers us in the same space as Indiana or Purdue.

This is the state of Iowa football.
uhhh, Indiana regularly gives iowa fits throughout KF's tenure, and purdue just beat iowa

so now the national talk is OSU lost to lowly horrible Iowa of all teams. The nation considers us in the same space as Indiana or Purdue.

We could just as easily say new lows in humanity for Iowa fans....

I'm going to be very candid with you this was not a great football season for anybody they are all fatally teams and if you think Clemson's got a better deal going on losing to a 4-8 Syracuse than Ohio State getting smoked by seven and five Iowa who played the fourth toughest schedule in the country then buddy....you need to take a couple steps back from sports in general because you're out of touch.

Oklahoma lost to seven and five Iowa State who lost to six and six Texas who has a worse offense then we do and seven and five West Virginia and oh by the way us....

All you guys that pi#€ & moan constantly I wish you'd gain a little bit of perspective you just sound stupid!

That's the problem with Ferentz...we get absolutely NO national respect because for every good team he beats, he loses to a couple teams he shouldn't. That's why I'm ready to move on. It's not gonna change with him.

Reactions: DewHawk
Also Iowa:
Fans looking forward to soft schedules because we might win more games,
and hoping for weak bowl opponent instead of tough competition.
Except the CFP just set a precedent that you shouldn't try to schedule too tough in the non-conference.

If Ohio State doesn't play Oklahoma, and instead beats a perennial 7-5/8-4 program, they're probably in over Alabama, who had a weaker overall schedule than Ohio State.

Also, we just need a bowl win right now. It's not that we don't want to play tough competition. We just need to regain some momentum. We're in a rut right now of getting over-matched opponents in bowl games simply because we travel well. That doesn't make for a good game, though. We would gain nothing from getting to go play a USC and lose in a NY6 Bowl right now (obviously I am exaggerating/hypothetically speaking)......

Iowa needs a bowl opponent that presents a "winnable" challenge, like a Kentucky.

And that's not saying this should be the norm. It should not.

They just really need a f***ing bowl win right now.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
Face it, the Big Ten was mediocre from top to bottom this year, really. I think So Cal, 11 - 2, Conference champs, as much as I hate them, should have taken Alabama's spot. Can't win your division? You're out!
Not so sure, I'd go as far as to say the Big Ten was mediocre from top to bottom.

If anything, this is about as deep as we've been from 1-7 in quite some time. Just a lot of teams caught each other on the wrong night.

Iowa proved they could play with two of the best teams in the conference, and should've beaten a third if not for our horribly inconsistent offense.

Ohio State is a solid top 10 team. Penn State is a solid top 10 team. Wisconsin is a solid top 10 team.

Michigan State and Michigan will always give the other top competitors in the conference a fight, if not win it like MSU has done recently (hey Jim, how's that project coming?.......)

The only problem right now is that you got consistently average Northwestern and a rising Purdue cannibalizing the West. Northwestern is good for an upset or two, mainly against West foes. Purdue has looked good with Brohm at the helm. And now Scott Frost is gonna try to resurrect Nebraska from the dead.

The Big Ten is not mediocre. If anything, it's becoming an issue of the conference balancing out a little bit more than usual. (At least it is trending that way as of 2017's results)

Reactions: RogerKint
Face it, the Big Ten was mediocre from top to bottom this year, really. I think So Cal, 11 - 2, Conference champs, as much as I hate them, should have taken Alabama's spot. Can't win your division? You're out!

Are you joking? I can't disagree that USC was far more deserving of the playoff than Alabama. However, the B1G might have been the best conference in the entire country this year, it's number 2 at worst.

Iowa was 7-5 and lost to Purdue. Did you expect a blow job from them with that?

That's the problem with Ferentz...we get absolutely NO national respect because for every good team he beats, he loses to a couple teams he shouldn't. That's why I'm ready to move on. It's not gonna change with him.

So, you'll be moving on then? Where will you go?

Please tell me, because I am contemplating how worthless my life is when the football team I root for doesn't garner national respect. Maybe I'll go to someplace similar.

Reactions: cmhawks99

That's interesting, the media sure was aware about Iowa being giant-killers before the OSU game. They put up multiple examples of little ol' Iowa actually beating Top 10 and Top 5 rated teams at home in November.

But, now that doesn't fit their "let's get Bama in at all costs" narrative, so now they want to completely dismiss that as a factor.

Face it, they now have a fraudulent system in place. Make up new rules each year.

Let them have their SE circle-jerk, rest of the country should tune-out.

BIG and PAC should withdraw from ESPN's little tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerKint
Today's excitement is Iowa fans are hoping to play BC in December in NY. Thats what we're discussing today. You have got to be kiddin'

What a travesty

Just read the bowl threads!
People saying - oh hell no, not Lamar and Louisville. Or, I want nothing to do with playing out West!
why does it matter where we play
we're gonna have to travel 20x as much as the team we play!
we're not gonna play fl teams in ca or vice versa
tn in tn stan in ca fl in fl bc in ny
a bunch of crap!

one could make the case they got the fake ID back with the loss to purdue.
uh you sure it didn't come back after the rose bowl or ndsu game ;)
either way, it'd be nice to see an iowa team that played as well against weaker opponents as they do vs good ones. makes no sense!

When Northern Illinois went to the Orange Bowl in 2012 and Herbstreit calling us "the worst team in the Big Ten" might have been a lower low.
But, yes, Iowa being thrown in the mix, as if we were a few pegs better than Illannoy, right now, is pretty bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT